St. Mirren v Hearts, 6th April 2024

I wonder if the lie-down accusers have watched the highlights of that game.

Pat Bonner made 5 saves and, the one time he was beaten, a defender cleared off the line.

There have been some recent games v Celtic where Saints haven't had a single shot on target never mind six.

Anyway, less than a month to Albert Kidd Day.

45 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Talking about 86 again will be really interesting and full of lots of new things to say.

As someone who was approaching my second birthday at the time, it's very relevant to me.

How old were you when your tannoy announcer (or whoever it was) went on their salty, tear-stained, rant?

Spoiler

q38TlHO.png

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

How old were you when your tannoy announcer (or whoever it was) went on their salty, tear-stained, rant?

Hide contents

q38TlHO.png

Look, we get it. You lived in Edinburgh, some Hearts fans were nasty to you.

Fine.

But you honestly make every St Mirren - Hearts thread a total snoozefest.

Nobody can be fucked arguing with you. Nobody is getting all worked up. You're just really, really boring.

I won't be replying to you again on the topic. Hopefully we can salvage a match thread here.

Edited by VincentGuerin

23 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Look, we get it. You lived in Edinburgh, some Hearts fans were nasty to you.

Fine.

But you honestly make every St Mirren - Hearts thread a total snoozefest.

Nobody can be fucked arguing with you. Nobody is getting all worked up. You're just really, really boring.

I won't be replying to you again on the topic. Hopefully we can salvage a match thread here.

:lol:

Deary me.

#selfawarewolves.

29 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Wind speeds of 49 mph forecast during the game in Paisley. Is that likely to cause a postponement? 

I wouldn't be against games being off for wind as it ruins it as a spectacle,  however I can't remember a game ever being called off for high winds.

We had one earlier in the season that was about 60mph the whole game. Want to say Dundee.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I wouldn't be against games being off for wind as it ruins it as a spectacle,  however I can't remember a game ever being called off for high winds.

We had one earlier in the season that was about 60mph the whole game. Want to say Dundee.

I just want to get the game over with, tbh. I recall an Arbroath game being abandoned, but that was because a goal kick was blown backwards, conceding a corner, so it must have been a very strong wind. 49 mph is on the cusp of being considered a strong gale.

7 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

There have been a few postponed due to safety concerns relating to damage caused by high winds and the continuing effect of the high winds.

Our away game v Dundee was postponed a couple of years ago.

There probably should be more games postponed for this, as it completely ruins the game IMO.

8 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Totally agree, I really hate seeing games played in high wind, especially if it is swirling. Most things you can mitigate. Bad pitch, rain or snow, or even limited visibility with fog, but high wind is the worst.

As for games cancelled, wasn't the Celtic/Caley Thistle cup game not cancelled for that? I think part of the stadium came down. Some years back though.

10 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Wind speeds of 49 mph forecast during the game in Paisley. Is that likely to cause a postponement? 

It'll make watching the planes landing and taking off more fun.

In all seriousness, if the airport is able to operate then I'd imagine from a safety aspect it'll be fine for the game to be on. I guess the issue then is whether or not the wind is bad enough to turn things into a farce.

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, Stu said:

In all seriousness, if the airport is able to operate then I'd imagine from a safety aspect it'll be fine for the game to be on. I guess the issue then is whether or not the wind is bad enough to turn things into a farce.

Planes can operate with reliability at considerably higher winds than a small inflatable bit of plastic.. ;)

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

He really doesn't understand. 

Neither do you it seems. I pointed out that Hearts fans would relish beating us, because they would. Why Vincent wished to argue that point is beyond me as all the evidence shows that to be the case. To then flounce off claiming I was the one arguing the point, is laughable, especially as it came in response to him claiming such notions are out of date and no longer relevant, despite the post being from 2020.

The short answer is if you dislike me posting then don't encourage it by arguing with me about a point that is obvious.

Edited by Ric

Pretty sure there have been some tragic bouncy castle incidents in the past. Shame the initiative had to be cancelled, but clearly the right thing to do. I know all St Mirren fans want to go to Europe, but we don’t want to do it by kids ending up in Norway this Saturday afternoon.

On 04/04/2024 at 09:52, Ric said:

Hearts are absolutely there for the taking...

..as are we, though!

I'm sure the club won't put too much stock in this, but the opportunity to "repay us" for relegating them while stopping us hitting top 6, with the chance that Hibs replace us thus giving them a derby before the end of the season, must get the Hearts fans moist. Even if there is only a slim chance of that happening.

Dear ric,

you are irrelevant 

kind regards 

gorgie x

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Pretty sure there have been some tragic bouncy castle incidents in the past. Shame the initiative had to be cancelled, but clearly the right thing to do. I know all St Mirren fans want to go to Europe, but we don’t want to do it by kids ending up in Norway this Saturday afternoon.

I'm just worried about the match! I've been looking forward to it all week. I appreciate it might be ruined as a spectacle, by the strong winds, but I wonder whether the conditions might actually aid us. 🤔  

If it was postponed, I assume it would replayed midweek. Tired legs at Parkhead is far from ideal if goal difference is a factor. The Old Firm being played on Sunday means their game will go ahead. 

If the game goes ahead could be a lottery given horrendous weather conditions high winds in Legoland swirl neither good for both teams. Hopefully a Saints win then I can text family Hearts fans. Or will I have to turn off my phone ?