St. Mirren v Hearts, 6th April 2024

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

My point was really about the inconsistency of referees 

And the hearts penalty... It's a handball by the rules. The current rule is a mess, but it's a penalty by it 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely. Sticking rigidly to the rules, it was. Not that anyone noticed, as not one player claimed for it.

However, there was a late penalty awarded to Chelsea against Man Utd last week.

The Chelsea player got in front of Dalot who put an arm across the mid-riff of the Chelsea player who went down. I thought at the time that it wasn't a penalty, as the contact hadn't been enough. However, it was awarded.

On that basis alone. our VAR claim yesterday would probably have been awarded by like minded officials. However, it wasn't, so we move on.

Simply put , VAR doesn't work. Even if we actually start using VAR as it was intended to correct "clear and obvious errors", then we'll still see arguments about whether it was a clear and obvious error.

In pre-VAR days, yesterday would have seen a 1-1 draw which was probably the fairest result. Although we'd probably still be debating whether either penalty should have been awarded.

I don't have a real problem about the result, other than the disappointment of losing, as these are, unfortunately, the circumstances dictating the outcomes of football matches these days.

I would have liked to have seen yesterday's game without the gale and a rain sodden pitch. It would have been a lot more entertaining.

One final point - one of the reasons we we're pretty rubbish yesterday, was our habit of making passes that were intercepted by Hearts players. It was in double figures. Also CBM, is slower that a week in jail, both across the ground and in making his passes. You saw the difference when Baccus came on. Instant decision making with his passing, which caused Hearts a lot of problems.

Edited by FTOF

I’m not sure what folk are seeing in the McMenamin penalty incident, but any contact from behind however slight, is causing him to fall when he’s headed towards goal.

It’s a penalty. The fact that the clown of a ref goes to see it on the screen and then doesn’t give it, proves it’s not fit for purpose along with the match officials.

It was a poor game with poor officials. A draw was probably the right result. 

Every week we are talking about decisions not being given. With VAR we dont get them and without VAR the officials don't give us anything either. 

It's time our officials actually got their act together. Points and money is on the line. 

In the cold light of day…

In this fixture earlier in the season the VAR/Ref combination ruled out 3 Saints goals. 

Yesterday only two key interventions in Hearts favour.

Progress!

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m not sure what folk are seeing in the McMenamin penalty incident, but any contact from behind however slight, is causing him to fall when he’s headed towards goal.

It’s a penalty. The fact that the clown of a ref goes to see it on the screen and then doesn’t give it, proves it’s not fit for purpose along with the match officials.

If only we'd had the Beaton and Walsh VAR combo yesterday............................................

21 hours ago, AW saint said:

If the Rangers penalty was given then McMenamins should have been awarded. The game is ruined by these decisions

Both were dives in my opinion, Rangers get theirs though, they always do! 

21 hours ago, AW saint said:

If the Rangers penalty was given then McMenamins should have been awarded. The game is ruined by these decisions

Ours should have been awarded regardless of what happened in the Rangers game. It was a very clear penalty.

On 04/04/2024 at 11:04, Ric said:

Considering the way your fans react to games between us? Yes, yes I do.

You would fucking love for that scenario to come about, and you'd crow like nobody's business if it were to happen, so stop trying to pretend you wouldn't. :rolleyes:

You flatter yourself way too much. I would much prefer your lot to make top six than Hibs. 

5 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Mainly so everyone else in the top 6 batters them? 
in ric’s mind we’re his teams rivals 🫨

I just like to see Hibs fans all miserable about another false dawn. Their misery sustains me. :) 

On 07/04/2024 at 09:24, Doctor Sanchez said:

I think the real issue is how shite Hearts are without Shankland.

Not able to score from open play against us playing like we did in the first half is a fucking brasser..

A penalty and an own goal. FFS..! 

We won without Shanks and some people thought we couldn't. 

On 07/04/2024 at 09:24, Doctor Sanchez said:

I think the real issue is how shite Hearts are without Shankland.

Not able to score from open play against us playing like we did in the first half is a fucking brasser..

A penalty and an own goal. FFS..! 

Whatever soothes the ouchy. :( 

Sad Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

19 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Mainly so everyone else in the top 6 batters them? 
in ric’s mind we’re his teams rivals 🫨

I don’t think there are any St. Mirren fans who think we are true “rivals” (other than of course being Scottish Premiership rivals). That would just be silly. Hibs and only Hibs are your rivals.

However, any younger Hearts fans trying to suggest that a helluva lot of resentment towards St. Mirren doesn’t exist within the older Hearts fan base is being equally silly.

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t think there are any St. Mirren fans who think we are true “rivals” (other than of course being Scottish Premiership rivals). That would just be silly. Hibs and only Hibs are your rivals.

However, any younger Hearts fans trying to suggest that a helluva lot of resentment towards St. Mirren doesn’t exist within the older Hearts fan base is being equally silly.

St Mirren are really important. Really, really important.

Will that do?

Anyway, next.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

St Mirren are really important. Really, really important.

Will that do?

Anyway, next.

I never suggested we we important. All I was doing was pointing out that GG’s post was incorrect.

Hope that’s ok with you. 👍

On 06/04/2024 at 18:05, DaveMackay56 said:

Penalty without a shadow of doubt .  All away from body, moving towards ball to block, stops goal bound shots. 

Penalty in any decade never mind this one. 

Aye. I've seen some bad decisions this year, both for and against Hearts, but that would have been a penalty for handball in the 80s, never mind now.

Tbh, I thought the St Mirren one at the end looked like a penalty too, when I saw it again on Sportscene.

Edited by lennyzer0