Airdrieonians vs Morton

Looking like another close run affair in the offing. 

Will Airdrie's packed fixture schedule catch up to us? 

Will Morton pull off a second successive win in the fixture?

Will Oakley be wrapped in bubble wrap to protect him from ATS?

Are there actually any Morton fans left on the forum?

What page will Jives appear and ruin the thread?

These questions and more to be answered in the coming days.

No idea why this poster is obsessed enough with me to mention me in the OP for an Airdire v Morton thread, when I've interacted with him literally twice ever.  Is it time to file a restraining order against this freak?

image.thumb.png.40ee75db7061cc48a58a641750297d77.png

Seek help you complete wrong un.

image.png

Edited by Jives Miguel

Think this falls into the must not lose category for us although most Morton fans(myself included) will probably think we need to win this, especially with DU and Raith still to play. Simply can't afford to go 5 points behind Airdrie with 5 to play, would take something extremely special to overturn that.

We looked much better on Sat than recent weeks, could easily have scored 4 or 5 and never gave much away at the other end so hopefully we take that into Saturday.

Strapp missed out on Sat but thought Waters did well in his absence. Dougie keeps his cards very close to his chest on availability so who knows when Wilson and Strapp will be back. Wilson is apparently back training. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same starting 11 as Saturday though.

Good result for Airdire last night, hopefully a bit of tiredness kicks in and we can take advantage.

Nervy, tight game but I fancy us to edge it. Hopefully we take a decent crowd through, 5-600.

1-2.

Lose here and we're done for the top four, barring a ridiculous run of results following it. We don't have a kind week coming up and it's hard to see us having much left in the tank come Friday with a Saturday-Tuesday-Friday week when Dundee United aren't playing midweek themselves, so getting ourselves into fourth now when wins in our remaining home games are going to be a big ask would be huge. We're still in the race with a draw but if the game's in the balance late on we should be going all out for the win, it's too late in the season with too much to do to be settling for away draws.

We need to win here and up at Arbroath if the play-offs are to remain within touching distance.

Beyond that, another win at either Ayr or home to DU (or even two draws) would mean we go into the last two games needing one more win to clinch it... and potentially with room for manouevre if others fall short.

The narrative surrounding Oakley from the previous game was tremendous. 

Real tin foil hat stuff. 

You guys will be pleased to hear Sincy the hatchet man is unlikely to be playing on Saturday so Oakley will be safe this time. 

Home advantage should shade this for us. 

Hopefully this thread doesn't become a bin fire but I don't hold out much hope sadly. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

No idea why this poster is obsessed enough with me to mention me in the OP for an Airdire v Morton thread, when I've interacted with him literally twice ever.  Is it time to file a restraining order against this freak?

image.thumb.png.40ee75db7061cc48a58a641750297d77.png

Seek help you complete wrong un.

image.png

Report it as a hate crime. 7 years in the klink for this kind of thing now 

33 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Our fixture pileup has clearly taken its toll on the squad, but it was good to see McGill and Ballantyne back playing, and Frizz and Telfer were rested for most of the match last night.  Any word on McStravick's knee injury?  

I doubt we will see him again this season sadly. 

15 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Report it as a hate crime. 7 years in the klink for this kind of thing now 

Don't think prophetically factual statements count in our post apocalyptic Rishi 'n JK vs Humza wasteland.

We have one of the tougher run-ins I'd say with all the top 6 (minus us obviously) still to play, and no Arbroath or ICT games left. Plus we seem to be managing a few players in terms of fitness/injuries, although I'm sure everyone is.

However we have our 2 biggest rivals for a play-off spot at home in Morton and Dunfermline, if we win those 2 we'd be most of the way there I think, maybe needing one other win or even just a couple of draws.

Like every other Morton game this season I'd expect it to be too tight to call with 1 goal in it.

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Don't think prophetically factual statements count in our post apocalyptic Rishi 'n JK vs Humza wasteland.

Ah, but surely you’d have to prove your point? Could it be perceived that you are provoking this person? 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Wacky said:

Ah, but surely you’d have to prove your point? Could it be perceived that you are provoking this person? 

Possibly but there's a wealth of previous evidence splattered across many parts of the forum which could form a pretty watertight defence I'd imagine.

ETA for example the Falkirk Thread this afternoon. 😬😬😬😳😂

Edited by cb_diamond

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I doubt we will see him again this season sadly. 

A pity if so.  He'd been very impressive in the weeks leading up to his injury, not least in the final against TNS itself.  If he is out for the season then that goal was a fine way to sign off, I suppose.

I cant help but view this game as a must win rather than a must-not-lose, given our remaining home games being against the top two, and 2 away games being direct rivals for the play offs, 1 against a team we have a horrendous record against in recent years and 1 against an ICT team that may have it all to play for to avoid the playoff spot on the final day,  

Airdrie on firs glace have a tougher looking final 6, but i feel the likes of Patrick will have downed tools by the time they face them if they have guaranteed a play-off place by that point.  so IMO we need to be picking up max points from this. I don't think it would be a terrible idea to Drop Muirhead for this one (nothing against the lad on the whole) get a Combination of Bearne and Garrity/McGrattan/Quitongo (prefered to rile the home fans)  to inject some pace in the wide channels  behind Oakley.  We've lacked alot of positive attacking play since George got injured and been far too static in the front line forcing us back far too often and resorting to hit and hope long balls.  

Not quite an absolute must win for us (in this mental division anyway) but very close to it. Hoping for a repeat of the last game but with Airdrie actually receiving multiple red cards this time to make it a more comfortable affair. Would like to see the same lineup as Saturday to see if Bearne can repeat that performance. 

4 hours ago, Chicken Soup said:

Not quite an absolute must win for us (in this mental division anyway) but very close to it. Hoping for a repeat of the last game but with Airdrie actually receiving multiple red cards this time to make it a more comfortable affair. Would like to see the same lineup as Saturday to see if Bearne can repeat that performance. 

Love that the previous game is still on your mind. 

Big. Bad. Airdrie. 

Tremendous stuff.