Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Up until the penalty Motherwell offered very  little.

Yes they were getting possession in midfield but not doing much with it.

Once they got that goal Docherty should have bolstered the midfield but did nothing.

It's either stupidity or arrogance - or both.

A blind man can see we can't hold a lead yet he persists in not doing anything.

I think Tony Doc has done a good job overall but he seems completely incapable of making the right change when a game starts to turn against Dundee.

It's quite impressive how we almost go out of our way to bottle games this season.

It actually takes some skill to switch off as much as we do after we take a lead. 

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

From 2 goals up time and again? Nah. One time, ok maybe the coach does f**k it up. Time and again? Means the players don't learn, don't have the mentality. 

2-0 with about 10 minutes to go and lose. Aye, but the coach... Total fucking bullshit. 

It is his fault because the players are not up to sitting back and trying to defend.

They are great at going forward and that's why we score - but we never learn to shut up shop properly - that doesn't mean going deeper an deeper but putting more bodies in midfield - if it means sacrificing one to go one up with 10 minute to go I'd have no problem but he does nothing.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Can't wait to see the handball for the penalty back.

It's utterly ridiculous that handballs like that are given as a pen but that's how the refs up here have been applying the rule, and to be fair they have been pretty consistent.

Even more of sore one to take as up to that point we were never scoring. Some collapse mind you. 

2 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

If it’s happening constantly it’s a Docherty tactic to sit back and invite that pressure. 

image.png.708374672fd3a615a63b8886b501184e.png
Absolutely battered all second half. We had 2 shots, they had 14. Scored against the run of play but then utterly crumbled once we conceded. 
It happened against St J on match day 4. How the f**k can it still be happening on match day 31?

Teams know they only have to turn up for the last 15 against us and they’re likely to walk away with a result. 

5 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

You think he'll mention the pitch? All Motherwell goals were in the deep end.

He will be talking for about half an hour so i'm sure the pitch will come up.

FWIW I thought it was fine. A wee bit heavy but nothing to stop the game going ahead.

Liam Kelly 😐

Moses with the debut goal. He looked okay when he came on. A few neat touches before he scored. All set up for next week so i expect Dundee to get a point against Rangers and ruin our shot at top 6.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

. All set up for next week so i expect Dundee to get a point against Rangers and ruin our shot at top 6.

I wish I shared your optimism. We've been absolutely hoaching in every match v's the arse-cheeks this season. Total capitulations.