Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

22 minutes ago, CoF said:

On Saturday I’m gonna point at the pitch knowingly and spout these facts to strangers. It’ll impress everyone within earshot. 

Good of you to add another fact to this thread.  Thank you. 

Edited by Shadow Play

29 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I know it won't be at Hampden as QP are playing but I wonder how prohibitively expensive it is to rent for a game. You can imagine someone like Killie or Livi inventing some excuse to play an OF home game there and sell 40,000 tickets.

The same Killie who give the OF the same amount of tickets as Hibs do? 

Okay then. 

56 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

This would be an excellent opportunity to play the very first overseas Scottish league fixture to sell Scottish football to a new audience.

The game should be played in Japan.

Not sure that will help. We take the rain everywhere. 

Screenshot_20240404_152259_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7e910336b4819b4583ffb257a4dadcca.jpg

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Okay then. 

Kilmarnock fans rewriting history to paint themselves as some pioneers against the Old Firm is one of the most hilarious things on this site.

Not many clubs have willingly handed their stadium to the OF so they could enjoy a title party.

26 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Okay then. 

It's not exactly something I keep track of or think about particularly often. I just associate Killie with being one of the teams who gave over two stands to the OF at times.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock fans rewriting history to paint themselves as some pioneers against the Old Firm is one of the most hilarious things on this site.

Not many clubs have willingly handed their stadium to the OF so they could enjoy a title party.

You can talk about history all you want, was the chairman, not the fans. Fans were far from happy about it. 

The fans got rid of the chairman, got a fan on the board and are reaping the benefits as the club now takes the fans into consideration. Meanwhile you've lived off the same family for 30 odd years and are happy to sell them 3 sides of your stadium every time they come calling. 

Our previous chairman gave Celtic 3 stands for a title deciding game. You give them it every single season. 

Least we've grown a set, doubt you ever will. 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Our previous chairman gave Celtic 3 stands for a title deciding game. You give them it every single season. 

Care to show your working on the "3 stands" we give the Old Firm?

17 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It's not exactly something I keep track of or think about particularly often. I just associate Killie with being one of the teams who gave over two stands to the OF at times.

We give them one end. The same as you do. 

We've only ever given them over 2 stands once (the above mentioned title game that was a dead rubber for us) and have only given them one stand since 2019. We've literally put in safe standing, a family area, corporate boxes/offices in the other stand they used to get and are in process of building a community area out the back of it. They'll never get that stand again. 

If somebody had told me that 10 years ago i'd never have believed them but the board took a gamble after listening to the fans and it's paid off. 

That's why it's depressing to see others just take the money and run and happy to let these games turn into an away game.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Care to show your working on the "3 stands" we give the Old Firm?

Do they the normal away end in the Moin and the two others behind the goals?

At least you've stopped punting all your fans into the main at least. 

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Do they the normal away end in the Moin and the two others behind the goals?

At least you've stopped punting all your fans into the main at least. 

So yeah, they don't get 3 stands.

I think we've given them the East stand twice in the past decade, and on one occasion that meant we took the Main and behind the goal, and the second one saw our CEO and board hounded out in the aftermath.

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Presumably we need a stadium that’s VAR-ready, which makes McDiarmid the only realistic option. 

(Tannadice will likely have legacy infrastructure, but won’t have the pitchside monitor which almost certainly can’t be installed at such short notice). 

Do United not still have the pitchside monitor from last season, or was it ceremoniously removed upon relegation to remind them they are no longer big time?

13 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Do United not still have the pitchside monitor from last season, or was it ceremoniously removed upon relegation to remind them they are no longer big time?

The relegated club has to give their stuff to the promoted club therefore, we've got it.

18 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Pass the first pitch inspection. But will it past the next 10?

20 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I really hope it does end up being getting played somewhere else for the novelty.

Play the first half in Dundee, then if the pitch is fucked everyone has 30 minutes to get to Perth for the second half, Death Race 2000 style.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I am in the minority but I didn’t really care many years ago when I got moved out the Davie Cooper stand for a better seat in the main stand to allow us to get some money in. Others were outraged. I just hoped my seat would be there the following week.