Fan Zones in Scotland

I really hope these fan zones are massive money losing failures for the greedy fucks attempting to fleece people,be nice if struggling pubs close by are rammed at the same time(i know pubs are expensive nowadays but at least youre getting something nice for your cash)

Accies advertising one now at £15 a pop. Strangely they were saying it was "only place to watch Scotland at Euro 24" but that seems to have been deleted now.

I would not recommend buying a ticket as it will be a disaster one way or another.

• 1 month later...

There was someone on Twitter today moaning that there are no "fanzones" in Edinburgh - but tbqhwy, I would much rather be in a pub (which is where I am going on Friday) than some ripoff - some of the prices for these fanzones are ludicrous - tent with a plastic cup of lager.

I remember the fanzones in France 98, pretty sure they were free (sponsored)................although the one in Paris for the Brazil opener, I am sure the tv failed toward the end !!

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

There was someone on Twitter today moaning that there are no "fanzones" in Edinburgh - but tbqhwy, I would much rather be in a pub (which is where I am going on Friday) than some ripoff - some of the prices for these fanzones are ludicrous - tent with a plastic cup of lager.

I remember the fanzones in France 98, pretty sure they were free (sponsored)................although the one in Paris for the Brazil opener, I am sure the tv failed toward the end !!

Seen on twitter the Council rejected the application to have a fan zone. Yet the council will have a fanzone for the Olympics :lol: 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Seen on twitter the Council rejected the application to have a fan zone. Yet the council will have a fanzone for the Olympics :lol: 

The council are clowns........but I still wouldn't be paying to get in some tent with a big telly when there are pubs.

I think the Olympics one is paid for by St James quarter, basically an advertising gimmick.

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The council are clowns........but I still wouldn't be paying to get in some tent with a big telly when there are pubs.

I think the Olympics one is paid for by St James quarter, basically an advertising gimmick.

See Edinburgh is the only capital in Europe without a fanzone. This council need voted out at the next council elections. 

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

See Edinburgh is the only capital in Europe without a fanzone. This council need voted out at the next council elections. 

A fanzone is just a tent with a telly and overpriced pints.  There are plenty of pubs in Edinburgh including the Pear Tree and Three Sisters if you want the outdoor experience.

11 minutes ago, Laid Back Maverick said:

A fanzone is just a tent with a telly and overpriced pints.  There are plenty of pubs in Edinburgh including the Pear Tree and Three Sisters if you want the outdoor experience.

Have you seen the prices of drink in the three sisters?

I am someone who does like Tom watch football in the pub but not when it's a big match and it's busy and the screen(s) regularly obstructed.  So, to me, a fanzone sounds like one of the worst things ever imaginable.  

£15(+) entry to watch a free to air football :lol: match on top of inflated prices, with the only selling point that there will be others people there?  People are arseholes.  Pass so hard. 

14 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I'm not really interested in going to a an zone, I'll just watch the games over at my brother's place.  But the notion that they'd rather have one for folk to watch dressage and discus is just clownery.

Inverness's reason for not having one(thank f**k)was that they apparantly didn't have enough time to arrange one🤣

Saying that,it's the massively incompetent highland council so that might actually be them saying something truthful,for once

2 minutes ago, highlandmac said:

Inverness's reason for not having one(thank f**k)was that they apparantly didn't have enough time to arrange one🤣

Saying that,it's the massively incompetent highland council so that might actually be them saying something truthful,for once

We qualified 8 months ago :lol:

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We qualified 8 months ago :lol:

Their brave attempt to replace a mile of road with cycle path with.....a road with cycle path has been going on since before Xmas &there appears no end in sight,so I don't think 8 months is too long in their mindset;I think you think in human terms,they think more in geological terms

Gets even better. In St Andrew's Square in Edinburgh, while we're playing Germany on Friday night, you can watch a freeoutdoor showing on a giant screen of Pretty Woman.

Big mistake. Huge.

Edited by GordonS

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Gets even better. In St Andrew's Square in Edinburgh, while we're playing Germany on Friday night, you can watch a freeoutdoor showing on a giant screen of Pretty Woman.

Big mistake. Huge.

What else would you expect in the capital of North Britain?

On 11/06/2024 at 23:07, Lyle Lanley said:

Without getting too political about it, this council is a Labour/Tory coalition, despite the SNP being comfortably the largest party.

Fanzones are not the only thing being fucked by this awful coalition.

15 hours ago, GordonS said:

Big mistake. Huge.

It's forecast to be raining with a soupcon of thunder and lightning.

But not in the pub......

Chicken Wings Love GIF by Buffalo Wild Wings

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It's forecast to be raining with a soupcon of thunder and lightning.

But not in the pub......

Chicken Wings Love GIF by Buffalo Wild Wings

The tellyscreen in the Argyle isn't much bigger than yer average phone.

Or are you coming to The Abbey to watch on big screen ?

😀

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The tellyscreen in the Argyle isn't much bigger than yer average phone.

Or are you coming to The Abbey to watch on big screen ?

😀

Mate booked somewhere a month or so back, some place with big screens - can't remember where!

I did offer The Argyle (they have a big projector screen) but they couldn't guarantee me a table.......

Abbey is a decent shout, hope you enjoy 👍