Stirling V Alloa. No controversy here.

Probably one of the worst keeper blunders i have seen too 

too old to remember now , the kelty keeper pulled the ball over the line to give a goal last season at the recs i think that was none too clever  . .

1 hour ago, Rory said:

That first goal was the worst goalkeeping error I can remember seeing in person (followed by David Hutton picking up an obvious backpass). 

12 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Yip, it's been a total nightmare for Blair this one, however I'm sure he will bounce back from it. I don't know him personally but you get the impression he's a calm individual and a level headed guy. He never seems to get too up nor down.

To defend him though, I think he switched off because the ball seemed to go out of play. I'd not argue that it did, because I couldn't be sure, but I think he's switched off from that. He put his hands up and apologised to the bench pretty instantly, he knew he had made a hash of it. Call it Goalkeepers union or whatever, but I don't think Currie needs to apologise to anyone, he's a solid enough Goalkeeper for this level and he has saved us so many point this season alone.....and also in the past. I watch other Goalkeepers at this level and regularly think he's 1 of the best Part Time Goalkeepers about, and it would take someone special to displace him for me (certainly not Mark Weir).

A (vocal) section of our support are critical of him for his distribution, but I think he has improved massively on that part of his game, his kicking is far more accurate now than it was when he joined us from Clyde.

Yip, he's had a howler 2 weeks on the trot, but I'm hoping it doesn't effect him too much because over the season he's been one of our star performers and I hope the section of our support that want to shout nonsense at him remember this the next time he has a clanger.

50 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

too old to remember now , the kelty keeper pulled the ball over the line to give a goal last season at the recs i think that was none too clever  . .

Yeah the one from Scougalls corner? First home game of the season last term I'm sure. 

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Yip, it's been a total nightmare for Blair this one, however I'm sure he will bounce back from it. I don't know him personally but you get the impression he's a calm individual and a level headed guy. He never seems to get too up nor down.

To defend him though, I think he switched off because the ball seemed to go out of play. I'd not argue that it did, because I couldn't be sure, but I think he's switched off from that. He put his hands up and apologised to the bench pretty instantly, he knew he had made a hash of it. Call it Goalkeepers union or whatever, but I don't think Currie needs to apologise to anyone, he's a solid enough Goalkeeper for this level and he has saved us so many point this season alone.....and also in the past. I watch other Goalkeepers at this level and regularly think he's 1 of the best Part Time Goalkeepers about, and it would take someone special to displace him for me (certainly not Mark Weir).

A (vocal) section of our support are critical of him for his distribution, but I think he has improved massively on that part of his game, his kicking is far more accurate now than it was when he joined us from Clyde.

Yip, he's had a howler 2 weeks on the trot, but I'm hoping it doesn't effect him too much because over the season he's been one of our star performers and I hope the section of our support that want to shout nonsense at him remember this the next time he has a clanger.

i was certain the ball was going to go out of play as i watched it but on reflection the wind has probably held the ball up and kept it in. 

it's a horrible error but everyone has a bad day and if we'd had Mark Weir in goal all season, there's no way we'd have as many points. his distribution could still be better at times but as we saw on Saturday, he's far from the only one who struggles with accuracy when the wind blows at Forthbank. 

45 minutes ago, LoganAAFC said:

Kurtis been given the nod again. 

i really wanted Kurtis back at Forthbank. i think he'd have made a massive difference to the hole we frequently call the centre of our midfield. See Lee Hamilton made an appearance too. i can't believe he wouldn't have improved our defence either. 

55 minutes ago, LoganAAFC said:

Kurtis been given the nod again. 

Would have given it to Miko over Kurtis, but both played well!

Kurtis seemed to forget he scored for the away team, he went towards the home crowd to celebrate!

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Unfortunately though BC did switch off & it was an almighty clanger, & as a goalkeeper there is no hiding place, nobody behind you to back you up,, he wasn't the most clever at the 2nd goal either,not strong enough pushing the ball away and again a simple tap in 

Don't think the support was aiming it directly at Blair....it was almost the full stand i could hear & IMO was performance related to the team in 1st half...also saw swarms leaving at half time too..

I have to admit whilst still raw & emotionally drained driving back from Cove i was one of the doubters thinking he should be dropped after the game up there,, but in time & thinking logical i knew & know that he is our best keeper & have no doubt he's our No1.... but he's really going through it just now, the clangers are what's fresh in the memory bank of most.... Annan & Cove away & Alloa...i hope that's his trio of bad luck passed & done with 🙏 

I agree with you I'm comfortable with Blair in goals over Mark 

I hope that we have a positive reaction on our visit to Kelty on Saturday 

I'd also like to hear more voices & leadership on the park, i think we have been quiet lately 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 💪 

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Excellent news.  Let's hope they throw the book at him and make an example of him as a deterrent to others.  It is disgraceful that our antiquated laws prevent him being named publicly

Probably get a slap on the wrist and told not to be naughty again. Wouldn't be surprised if he's actually proud of being arrested to act like a big man

2 hours ago, Rory said:

Probably get a slap on the wrist and told not to be naughty again. Wouldn't be surprised if he's actually proud of being arrested to act like a big man

If it's who've I've heard it is, he's already banned from the ground. He was chased away at 2.45pm but returned with the men in black later. They should put him to use as the pie taster to keep him out of trouble. Think he likes them.

On 09/04/2024 at 12:24, Rory said:

That first goal was the worst goalkeeping error I can remember seeing in person (followed by David Hutton picking up an obvious backpass). Second was a decent save but unfortunately it dropped straight to Wales.

Hope Stirling do enough to stay up, would be good to have them and Stenny in the league next season.

Bad omen losing an early goal. Only once this season have Stirling came back and won. That was our first meeting at recs. Stirling  GA is huge. But strangely Currie is 2nd top(after Falkirk) for shut outs.

Visits to Ochilview are driving me on this season.

21 hours ago, SA45 said:

If it's who've I've heard it is, he's already banned from the ground. He was chased away at 2.45pm but returned with the men in black later. They should put him to use as the pie taster to keep him out of trouble. Think he likes them.

There were a few arrested at the railway station after the game as well. 

They gave it their best Football Factory impression about 5 minutes before the train to Alloa was due and a few ended up face down and cuffed.