Junior Takeover

52 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

It only causes heartache for Bankies. So that's a good enough reason for keeping it.

Nice to have yet another "Scotland" fan who's only recently shown up but disappointingly seems to have a dislike of the Bankies. 

ETA - 9 months is recent

Edited by BANKIEBILL

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Tbf plenty of LL fans bitch about their LC and its worth. 

Same goes for the myriad of cups we have down here in the South.

Maybe should just ditch all cup competitions, they just seem to cause heartache to all involved.

Do they?

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Do they?

You'll see it in some of the threads and i'm sure it happens more in person.

This year they did the draw and it meant some teams were guaranteed all away games if they progressed as they did a fixed bracket. As they don't share the gate its made all the worse.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

This year they did the draw and it meant some teams were guaranteed all away games if they progressed as they did a fixed bracket. As they don't share the gate its made all the worse.

Hahaha. What a carry on. Why can those in charge not think about simple things like that?

Edited by jimbaxters

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I guess it being a knock-out cup then drawing all away games is always a risk, whether the draw is done per round or done "tennis style".  Also, League Cup matches at any level rarely share gates, aren't they generally treated the same as league games?

Not heard much bitching about the competition at all really.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I guess it being a knock-out cup then drawing all away games is always a risk, whether the draw is done per round or done "tennis style".  Also, League Cup matches at any level rarely share gates, aren't they generally treated the same as league games?

Fair enough but making the draw all at the same time opens them up to criticism. There seems to be either no thought of mitigating such criticism or may be no care about it.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

SSCC is only cup we've ever played in where there's been no share to away team *. Obviously this no longer case but it beggars belief that there's no gate share for final. 

*I'll caveat that by saying that there was officially no share. Of course there are other instances where we've played as Juniors where the actual share given, bore no relation to the numbers turning up and income generated. 

1 hour ago, Casper Wilson said:

If it ever got to the stage where the SJFA were boasting about a crowd of 627 at a Final, then I'd say it time to pack up.

But hey, that's what we're all supposed to aspire towards. 

Playing in the Lowland League Cup Final in front of 627, aye that get's the juices flowing.

You think there weren't CLC or SLC finals that got those kind of crowds at a final ? But hey we don't know what club you support so neither do we know whether you'd be bringing the 600 or the 27. Well done to all clubs that make a final I say 

16 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Yes they are.

So presumably a West Juniors - if sanctioned - could compete in pyramid ? Say at tier 9 downwards and have access to West leagues ? Albeit given numbers and possible reconfiguration it may be necessary to streamline the tiers a bit. 

24 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Fair enough but making the draw all at the same time opens them up to criticism. There seems to be either no thought of mitigating such criticism or may be no care about it.

To be honest, I can't see much wrong with that type of draw. What does it matter really.

21 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

SSCC is only cup we've ever played in where there's been no share to away team *. Obviously this no longer case but it beggars belief that there's no gate share for final. 

*I'll caveat that by saying that there was officially no share. Of course there are other instances where we've played as Juniors where the actual share given, bore no relation to the numbers turning up and income generated. 

I'm not aware that there was ever gate share in the League Cup in with either East Region Juniors or EoS, they were treated as league games and trialists could also play. Can't comment on how the LL deal with the final.

50 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Do they?

Just what I read on the clubs social media accounts. Not going to look for examples and post, it's not that important

As fans we do like to bitch, but still support our football clubs.

I mn about the number of cups in the South but going to one tonight if it's on.

33 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

So presumably a West Juniors - if sanctioned - could compete in pyramid ? Say at tier 9 downwards and have access to West leagues ? Albeit given numbers and possible reconfiguration it may be necessary to streamline the tiers a bit. 

If the WoSFL became the West Region SJFA again and all parties to the Lower Pyramid Play-Off were happy with that, then I suppose you'd be right in that scenario. But that's all hypothetical, and we're a million miles away from that scenario actually happening.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

If the WoSFL became the West Region SJFA again and all parties to the Lower Pyramid Play-Off were happy with that, then I suppose you'd be right in that scenario. But that's all hypothetical, and we're a million miles away from that scenario actually happening.

Given that the pyramid play off games are a LL competition I’d think there’s very little chance of a Junior league being involved.

17 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Given that the pyramid play off games are a LL competition I’d think there’s very little chance of a Junior league being involved.

They wouldn't directly be if they fed in at bottom of West League

1 hour ago, Vanderbilt said:

A St Cadocs v Gartcairn Joonyur Cup final would get some crowd ……

But it wont be the final. It very much looks like both semi finals should be very well attended. Whoever gets to the final I reckon will be at least 3,000 at Cumbernauld -although St Mirren Park / Rugby Park would have been a far better option this season with teams involved in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, Shannon said:

But it wont be the final. It very much looks like both semi finals should be very well attended. Whoever gets to the final I reckon will be at least 3,000 at Cumbernauld -although St Mirren Park / Rugby Park would have been a far better option this season with teams involved in my opinion.

Most grass pitches will be getting relaid or money spent on them at that time of year. Rugby Park still an option I guess. However given West Regionnow based at Broadwood and the stadium presumably competitively priced for these games, I'm thinking most will be there now