Junior Takeover

44 minutes ago, Shannon said:

But it wont be the final. It very much looks like both semi finals should be very well attended. Whoever gets to the final I reckon will be at least 3,000 at Cumbernauld -although St Mirren Park / Rugby Park would have been a far better option this season with teams involved in my opinion.

Remember that you're dealing with the guy who was crying foul because Talbot had the audacity to use fairly won prize money to sign players earlier in the thread. 

Some other nuggets of hysteria on the thread include a shadowy Putin-esque junior takeover of the pyramid and compulsory participation in the Junior Cup.

All completely grounded in reality and in no way batshit mental.

Edited by Shanner

16 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Most grass pitches will be getting relaid or money spent on them at that time of year. Rugby Park still an option I guess. However given West Regionnow based at Broadwood and the stadium presumably competitively priced for these games, I'm thinking most will be there now

The WoSFL is based at Broadwood, but we're talking about the Scottish Junior Cup Final here which is nothing to do with the WoSFL.

24 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Most grass pitches will be getting relaid or money spent on them at that time of year. Rugby Park still an option I guess. However given West Regionnow based at Broadwood and the stadium presumably competitively priced for these games, I'm thinking most will be there now

Yeah I know St Mirren Park will be getting re-laid but in an ideal world I think that would be best place for the final this season as a change from Rugby Park, good size for expected crowd, all seated SPFL modern ground and not too far for most clubs to travel - some Talbot / Darvel fans may disagree but been plenty of finals at Kilmarnock in last 20 years.

It seems like Cumbernauld offering far cheaper rent for the stadium than anywhere else for games so seems like all finals at our level will be played there going forward for the foreseeable future.

3 hours ago, Casper Wilson said:

It only causes heartache for Bankies. So that's a good enough reason for keeping it.

Whats your problem with Clydebank?

Is it because they won’t play in your cup?

16 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The WoSFL is based at Broadwood, but we're talking about the Scottish Junior Cup Final here which is nothing to do with the WoSFL.

And ... was doing some work there Pete. ie competitive pricing part.

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Spiderman Pointing Meme Template - HumorNama

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Some other nuggets of hysteria on the thread include a shadowy Putin-esque junior takeover of the pyramid and compulsory participation in the Junior Cup.

All completely grounded in reality and in no way batshit mental.

Not sure it's batshit mental to point out the possibility of ulterior motives at play should the CEO of the SJFA also become Chairman of the WoSFL.

10 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Not sure it's batshit mental to point out the possibility of ulterior motives at play should the CEO of the SJFA also become Chairman of the WoSFL.

If course it's not but the thread started off on a hysterical footing ("Junior Takeover" no less) and only got more absurd as it went on.

I'd be genuinely interested in facts but what we've had is a slew of made up quotes, fevered paranoid ramblings, and vague innuendo, all delivered with a liberal seasoning of petted lips and red dots.

There's no point in trying to have a good faith discussion when that's what you're faced with. 

I'm very much pro-pyramid but what this place has is a zealot fringe who just stamp their wee feet whenever there's any sort of deviation from their agenda. It's a debate that has long since died on its arse due to folk losing perspective of balance and reality due to their increasingly entrenched positions.

10 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

A guy who openly stated he wanted to “change it back” to the Juniors is pretty factual I’d have thought.

Your club are one of his proposers.

Was that one of the quotes that we were expected to take the word of the sliced bread loonball about? I'm not saying he didn't say it but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a higher standard of verification than that and maybe even a wee bit of context. You prefer to obfuscate though so we're unlikely to get anywhere with that.

Whether Talbot proposed it or not doesn't really make a difference to my opinion and I'm certainly not included in any of the decisions or juicy bits of information. My opinion is my own and is open to change based on new information or compelling arguments. That is why it's not moved an inch when talking to yourself.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

.....a slew of made up quotes, fevered paranoid ramblings, and vague innuendo, all delivered with a liberal seasoning of petted lips and red dots.

P&B in a nutshell.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Was that one of the quotes that we were expected to take the word of the sliced bread loonball about? I'm not saying he didn't say it but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a higher standard of verification than that and maybe even a wee bit of context. You prefer to obfuscate though so we're unlikely to get anywhere with that.

Whether Talbot proposed it or not doesn't really make a difference to my opinion and I'm certainly not included in any of the decisions or juicy bits of information. My opinion is my own and is open to change based on new information or compelling arguments. That is why it's not moved an inch when talking to yourself.

No he said it in reply to someone on Facebook

image.thumb.png.06bd5ae8033b1975d2a76c74e6637de4.png

I don’t know what else you need?

Edited by Vanderbilt

A Facebook post isn't exactly the smoking gun I was anticipating but its something I suppose. It's hardly a manifesto for change is it?

An explanation of how this amounts to Junior Takeover or any of the other pearl clutching shite that has been mooted on this thread would be great. 

6 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

If I read that comment on Facebook, i'd probably take it as a tongue in cheek comment and not as the first marks of a dictatorship

I didn't want to say that originally as I'd be accused of being an appologist for him but you have to consider that was a possibility.

12 minutes ago, Shanner said:

A Facebook post isn't exactly the smoking gun I was anticipating but its something I suppose. It's hardly a manifesto for change is it?

An explanation of how this amounts to Junior Takeover or any of the other pearl clutching shite that has been mooted on this thread would be great. 

That along with hearing about some of the rubbish he’s come out with about a Central League to sit at tier 5 alongside the LL.Dear god 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Was not from me.

Not my fault this loonball makes a fool of you many times over and thus you dislike me that much to try and put down whenever you can, especially when it goes against your narrative, that's your prerogative as you usually need your pals to lick your arse, opps i mean wounds for backing 😷

I said, the man in question said to me and others that, 'The pyramid is dead, The only real cup is the Junior cup and the SCC is weak/nonsense' and the reasoning behind it was false and trumpt up which I challenged him on it, in front of the others which he flapped.
I've no reason to make it up, all other accusations and proofs of other, similar things he has said is there for you to see from other posts on here and suppose it backs what I've said up but I don't need backed up as I was there listening to what he was saying to me and others.  I will say that he did not say to me or the others, 'I want teams to revert back to the juniors', there was no mention /  comments of any kind regarding that.  His comments were about the Pyramid, the Scottish junior cup and the Scottish Challenge Cup..  Sorry I never got a video to prove its fact but then again, i don't really care what you think 🤐