Bartley's bomb scares v Embro C 3 points.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Very important win. 
My natural pessimism suggests we’ll lose at Stirling next week while Annan beat Edinburgh to leave all 3 teams on the same points with 2 games to go. 

We looked like we could have played all day and not score on comes Gibson 2 assists 2 goals  surely done enough for a start next week .

It's a win which is all that matters really but utter pish yet again. No surprise we look threatening when we bring on a player who carries an actual threat. No doubt our pigheaded manager will see it as a masterstroke on his part rather than admit Gibson should be starting ahead of McCacknie. Gibson with 2 assists as well as drifting by his marker a couple of times. I imagine had he started we'd have had a far more comfortable afternoon. I fully expect him to be dropped next week and the guff Ferguson and Doherty to keep their places. Did I miss something with the latter when he was getting a warm reception when being subbed?! Utter shite. I don't think I've ever seen a striker try and round a goalkeeper when the keeper is miles away from him rather than have a shot. 

Thought McKay was actually good today alongside Brydon, I'd downplay it when you consider the opposition but Agent Kilsby still managed to look completely hopeless so McKay must have played well. 

It's a win. Bartley will bathe in the glory. But as shit as Stirling are, that performance again and it's a comfy home win. Annan winning today means this is going to the wire. Where we get points from now is concerning. 

Ironically it is two players who have been shunned by Bartley in recent weeks (in Gibson’s case for most of the season) that dug him and the Club out of a huge hole. We are still in a huge mess but failing to win today would have been disastrous.

Don't get me wrong I don’t think young Gibson has progressed this season the way he should have BUT constantly being overlooked in favour of under-performers like McKechnie is hardly a confidence booster. Also his persistent deployment as a wing back is simply incompetent decision making.

We have a make or break game today where we desperately need to create chances and score goals - he picks McKechnie ahead of Gibson. 

7 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Don't get me wrong I don’t think young Gibson has progressed this season the way he should have...

He hasn't been given the chance tbf. No one has progressed under Bartley. The guy is completely useless. If Gibson goes you can't blame him. This should have been a big season for his development but he's barely progressed as you say, and that lies firmly at the feet of Bartley IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Ironically it is two players who have been shunned by Bartley in recent weeks (in Gibson’s case for most of the season) that dug him and the Club out of a huge hole. We are still in a huge mess but failing to win today would have been disastrous.

Don't get me wrong I don’t think young Gibson has progressed this season the way he should have BUT constantly being overlooked in favour of under-performers like McKechnie is hardly a confidence booster. Also his persistent deployment as a wing back is simply incompetent decision making.

We have a make or break game today where we desperately need to create chances and score goals - he picks McKechnie ahead of Gibson. 

Bartley has helped hold back his progress. He’ll be a big miss next season IMO. 

Yes, another stodgy nothing performance, but thank Christ, we dug out a win.  

Gibson takes the credit, while Bartley looks ever more flawed.

I think we're almost there now, but if Stirling beat us, we're not.  Annan have done tremendously well to now have such a good fighting chance.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

3 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Is it true the Queens players are on an 'expanded' win bonus for the final games? (Starting today)

Certainly didn't look like they were playing for extra bonus for most of that game anyway, usual insipid performance. I'd be fizzing if most of these wage thieves were being offered extra money.

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He hasn't been given the chance tbf. No one has progressed under Bartley. The guy is completely useless. If Gibson goes you can't blame him. This should have been a big season for his development but he's barely progressed as you say, and that lies firmly at the feet of Bartley IMO. 

His father is still a terrific player and is a huge factor in Annan’s resurgence.

Thoughts Queens did OK first half but a real lack of confidence in front of goal always wanting that extra touch rather than taking shot first time, several players were guilty of this. Started second half strongly too. 

Where was Connelly today? I also expected Mcguffie to start after last week but not even in the squad. 

9 hours ago, queenslad said:

Thoughts Queens did OK first half but a real lack of confidence in front of goal always wanting that extra touch rather than taking shot first time, several players were guilty of this. Started second half strongly too. 

Suspect the 8 saves the Edinburgh keeper made had something to do with that.