Ayr ⚫⚪ vs Morton 🔵⚪ - 09/04/24

Just now, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Can I be the first to thank Ayr for the 10 (TEN) points they’ve kindly tipped up this season?

More or less kept us in the division.

Thanks lads.

You're welcome. Thanks for allowing us 1 at least, may prove important.

That reminds me, really should say something nice about Airdrie seen as the 12 points they've given us have kept us up...

Nah, f**k them.

Missed opportunity, were the better team and would have won had we not went and conceded a carbon copy of the goal Morton scored last time they were here.

On the subject of Morton, what a band of dirty, dirty b*****ds. To be admired in a way, I suppose. 

Just now, AyrTroopMajor said:

Missed opportunity, were the better team and would have won had we not went and conceded a carbon copy of the goal Morton scored last time they were here.

On the subject of Morton, what a band of dirty, dirty b*****ds. To be admired in a way, I suppose. 

I'd love to have some proper dirty b*****ds in this Ayr team.

Definitely think we deserved a win from that tonight. I think Brown missed a trick in taking Amartey off as he was having a great game. 

Good to see a referee not allow the usual from Morton. Thought he had a good game. There was nothing in the Bryden incident at the end of the first half. 

3 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

So was Browns Tactics right or useless ?

Just now, Its not only a game said:

They were fine. We stood up to a physical test in a game where 80% of it is attacking and defending throw ins. I don’t think anyone can deny Morton are a physical outfit but it’s up to other teams to combat it, not moan about it. 

4 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Brown's worst tactic remains changing ends to shoot towards Somerset Road in the first half. Utterly nonsensical.

20 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

It only bypasses Maybole (and rightly so). Girvan is unscathed and untouched. See you in the chippy later.

vomit spew GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

18 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

12 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

@Richey Edwards I actually meant it as a compliment !!!! Quality contributor.

Ok, chill you 2.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Ah, I automatically assume compliments are meant sarcastically due to mental illness / a long-held inferiority complex. Thank you and love you ❤️ xxxxx

That’ll do.

5 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

@Richey Edwards Love you too ❤️ Keep up the good work. Your posts always raise a smile.

PS - I also used to have an inferiority complex. But I came to terms with it when I finally realised that I was actually inferior.

All the best.

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Lisa Simpson Treehouse GIF by The Simpsons

but could @Chippyminton buy me a sausage supper first. (Not a euphemism. An actual sausage supper. With red sauce. And a can of irn bri). And deliver it to the bypass. Then get your room.

32 minutes ago, AUcal said:

You're welcome. Thanks for allowing us 1 at least, may prove important.

That reminds me, really should say something nice about Airdrie seen as the 12 points they've given us have kept us up...

Nah, f**k them.

Keep the points, we’ll take the playoff spot 👍

11 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Brown's worst tactic remains changing ends to shoot towards Somerset Road in the first half. Utterly nonsensical.

You kicked off, so we chose ends. We seems to do that a lot, presumably to annoy the home fans. 

Mullen got us a point tonight. We lost our way after scoring and didn't wake up again until the last five minutes or so.

1 minute ago, AyrshireTon said:

You kicked off, so we chose ends. We seems to do that a lot, presumably to annoy the home fans. 

Mullen got us a point tonight. We lost our way after scoring and didn't wake up again until the last five minutes or so.

Nah for the last few games now we have warmed up in the opposite half of the pitch and deliberately shot towards the home end in the first half. It's something we're assuming Brown has chosen to do but it is baffling.

On 08/04/2024 at 10:27, diegomarahenry said:

Please bench Broadfoot. Dowds always struggles against experienced centre halfs. 

Just seen the result . Did Dowds blow it against Broadfoot who scored? But see he also scored. - now 11 goals , 6 assists in that Ayr team / is that good or hopeless  considering your team?

i say that as we loved him  at EF. Came from an unorthodox background - degree- University- career in finance - a wealthy family  - always felt very intelligent on the field of play  and Agnew always picked him out.

He was part of an EF team that beat Hearts- Dundee Utd. Went to Falkirk many fans seemed to hate him others admired / then ended up at Arbroath  who seemed to like him in their big season.

Went to Partick - started well but if you read  “some team in Glasgow “he lives rent free his head- he clearly hates him- difficult to replace Graham as best in the league.

Ayr seem to have a mixed view also- wonder if Brown signs him. EF is his natural home and hope now that Campbell  who helped him big time at Arbroath is here / he joins us …. Truly hope so- 

2 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Just seen the result . Did Dowds blow it against Broadfoot who scored? But see he also scored. - now 11 goals , 6 assists in that Ayr team / is that good or hopeless  considering your team?

i say that as we loved him  at EF. Came from an unorthodox background - degree- University- career in finance - a wealthy family  - always felt very intelligent on the field of play  and Agnew always picked him out.

He was part of an EF team that beat Hearts- Dundee Utd. Went to Falkirk many fans seemed to hate him others admired / then ended up at Arbroath  who seemed to like him in their big season.

Went to Partick - started well but if you read  “some team in Glasgow “he lives rent free his head- he clearly hates him- difficult to replace Graham as best in the league.

Ayr seem to have a mixed view also- wonder if Brown signs him. EF is his natural home and hope now that Campbell  who helped him big time at Arbroath is here / he joins us …. Truly hope so- 

I'd keep Dowds. Lovely feet.

23 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

We have played far better shooting towards the Railway End in every game under Brown.