Queen's Park 🕷🕸 v 🔴🔵 The Caley

Well deserved victory for ICT. A stroll in the park for them to be honest. Hitting some form at the right time.

As for QP, an absolute disgrace all round. A game of such magnitude and we put in a performance like that.

Davidson going with two empty jerseys in midfield again instead of playing Thompson there.

No quality or urgency on show from the players. Dismal dismal stuff and our forthcoming relegation will be well deserved.

Edited by Spider Rico

What the actual fk was that? 

Last week was meant to be the wake-up call for this team, and they just let the exact same happen again and played like they couldn't be arsed. Don't even know what to say to that absolute joke of a performance. ICT were nothing special but absolutely deserved the win given how shocking we were.

If we stay up now I'll be genuinely amazed.

A total shambles from start to finish. Inverness fully deserved the win and they should have buried the game with that Mckay chance. Forcing Ridgers in to one proper save in a must win (or must not lose depends how you view it) is beyond pathetic and I think we’ve confirmed ourselves for a playoff spot now. Obviously it’s only 2 points but the manner of the last 3 games has been so bad that you struggle to see where the next 3 points are coming from 

We’re in a situation now where we’re relying on one player to dig us out a hole when (if) he comes back from injury. Horrendous that it’s came to this scenario but here we are. The shambles left under beuker and Veldman means any bad form under Davidson will have serious consequences and unfortunately it’s became a reality at the worst point in the season 

Davidson needs to learn to change things up sooner but the players were god awful. Again, we struggled to do the absolute basics in terms of passing, movement etc. Do I back ourselves to beat an Alloa, Hamilton or Montrose in the playoffs? Not a chance 

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

Been injured last 3 weeks. Quite insane how awful we look without him 

Chances of him playing next week and ruining my day in hospitality?

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Nobody knows, the club doesn't tell us these things.

He’s gone from “should be ok” for the Morton game to to his injury not even being mentioned in the 5 minute “captains preview” interviews we do with him.

That was an absolute disgrace from a Queen’s Park perspective. Turner’s clearly chucked it. Carse looked like a lost boy. Tizzard over Robson or Bannon? Was he serious? 

Tactics were all wrong, deciding to pioneer a new style of football where we don’t tackle was a random one. Failing to press anything was an interesting one too. Also, why are we chucking long balls at McLeish/Williamson, two slight guys?

Inverness deserved the victory, I’m only amazed it wasn’t by more. I’m starting to really understand the warnings of St Johnstone fans when Davidson was first appointed. 

On the plus side, at least we still get away days to Arbroath.

Davidson's lack of imagination and passion is worrying. Why can't he see that Thomson must be moved forward. He had the opportunity today with Fox and Bannon available to to this and move Turner forward. The minute McKinstry and then Mauchin came on it was all over. That was utterly pathetic to watch a team playing at home for survival looking like mid Div1 outfit at best. Welsh is careless and has lost his mojo and even Wilson was not up for it today. Sheridan is a character but not the answer. Ah well, back to Cove. I cannot see us picking up any more points this season unless Thomas makes a miraculous return. It would be good if the club could be honest with us and tell us the current state of affairs with him.

Edited by williebraveheart

Just now, HoustonSpider99 said:

That was an absolute disgrace from a Queen’s Park perspective. Turner’s clearly chucked it. Carse looked like a lost boy. Tizzard over Robson or Bannon? Was he serious? 

The inclusion of Tizzard was baffling. Hasn’t been seen for around 2 months and he’s chucked in for the biggest game of the season? He looked very poor and was rightly hooked, as was Carse who looked a wee boy on the pitch. Should of been Robson from the start as the left sided centre back

A performance that defies description. Three weeks ago we won at Somerset Park, since then we've been dreadful and today was the absolute pits. All the signs of a team that has chucked it.

9 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Davidson's lack of imagination and passion is worrying. Why can't he see that Thomson must be moved forward. He had the opportunity today with Fox and Bannon available to to this and move Turner forward. The minute McKinstry and then Mauchin came on it was all over. That was utterly pathetic to watch a team playing at home for survival looking like mid Div1 outfit at best. Welsh is careless and has lost his mojo and even Wilson was not up for it today. Sheridan is a character but not the answer. Ah well, back to Cove. I cannot see us picking up any more points this season unless Thomas makes a miraculous return. It would be good if the club could be honest with us and tell us the current state of affairs with him.

Any of Fox, Bannon or Robson should have started ahead of Tizzard today. How many times has he been hooked at half time now? Must be some kind of record. 

In fact two of them should have started with Thompson pushed into midfield.

You would think playing with three at the back would give us control of the midfield with 5 players passing the ball and keeping possession. You would also think the team would react strongly after going one behind, pressing high and creating chances. 

You would be wrong.

Every week we manage to find new ways of playing worse than the opponent. It's like we're trying to lose and we're getting pretty good at it. Our chances of staying up are in the hands of the gods of the championship where every game of football is a coin toss from now on. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Our chances of staying up are in the hands of the gods of the championship where every game of football is a coin toss from now on. 

Nonsense. That implies QP will win another game. They’re playing as 11 men who’ve chucked it. Pathetic.

5 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

What is the matter with you Queens??

That's what I was asking myself for most of the game. Surely it takes some serious behind the scenes ructions to produce a performance like that.