Queen's Park πŸ•·πŸ•Έ v πŸ”΄πŸ”΅ The Caley

Other than Ferrie's late save, absolutely nothing to be enthusiastic about and the game was gone then anyway. Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful. Not acceptable in what was possibly our most important game for years.

22 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

You would think playing with three at the back would give us control of the midfield with 5 players passing the ball and keeping possession. You would also think the team would react strongly after going one behind, pressing high and creating chances.Β 

Β 

When playing three at the back, we shouldn't be seeing balls being played through that back three - it happened several times today. Β Tizzard was far from great, but I'd level similar criticism at Danny Wilson who was guilty of giving the ball away far too many times. Β Whilst CD seems to insist on playing three at the back, he does so with the same lack of faith in those CB's that Veldman had & thus we see Thomson there, week in week out, when we badly need his dynamism in midfield. Β 

CD continues to insist on playing five in midfield, with which we really shouldn't constantly be seeing Paton and Sheridan on the half-way line trying to get possession - but we are. Β Whilst this is going on and due to the lack of Thomson in midfield, we instead get Turner, who gets worse the ever deeper he plays and therefore ever more a bomb-scare - to the point that he's beginning to make McKinstry look competent.

United twigged it last week - that despite having five in midfield, the two wide players were isolated and exposed - especially Longridge, who whilst able and competent at right back, hasn't got the pace for a wing-back role.

Robson and Scott gave us the pretence of threat on the left, but other than that it was just another 90 mins and Β£20 wasted.

All in all we have a manager insistent on playing three at the back & five in midfield but without a squad assembled to do so - and that squad seem very much like strangers when they cross that white line at 3pm.

Football should be relatively simple - round pegs in round holes - this system is not fulfilling this. Β 

Congratulations to Inverness. You played the better football and deserved the three points today. You had the better run of the play and the better chances on goal. The Queens Park squad didn't turnΒ  up. And that is now three games in a row that we have stunk the place out.

Whilst the referee gave too many soft fouls for my taste (both ways) I don't think he had a decisive decision that altered the game.

There was a lack of leadership on the pitch in the Queens Park squad. To my eye, it seemed as though whoever had the ball was expecting someone else to do something special with it (with the honourable expectation of Jack Thomson and Louis who at least had a go). We play best with pace, movement, and with the ball on the deck. Floaty long balls do not play to our strengths. Let's stick to what we are good at, just like we did at Ayr and we will be fine.

We should not be ninth with the talent in that squad, which is, in my opinion, better than what Inverness had to offer.Β  I do not sense that our squard are playing for their survival in the Championship.Β  Today looked like a pre-season friendly.Β  It is time for the team to stand up and be counted. And us as well in the stands, which are far too quiet when times are tough.Β Β 

Β 

Edited by Stuntiethumper

2 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Can one player really make THAT much difference to a team? ---- I don't think so. What is the matter with you Queens??

Pele

Messi

Ronaldo

Ronaldinho

Cruyff

Haaland

Johnstone

Baxter

Gullit

Van Basten

Law

Best

And so forth......................

Can a player make a difference with a team?

Fuckin right!

Edited by SandyCromarty

Reading the comments about Davidson is giving me cold sweats and traumatic flashbacks. Not surprised it's started to go south. Just wait until he's had a full summer to bring in his own squad.Β 

I thought we were deserved winners. It was a brilliant goal by Harper, and it felt like we could have had more. McKay (apart from his second half sitter) and Samuel worked their back sides off, and thought Doran and Kerr played well too. Apart from a couple of half chances, we weren’t troubled too much. We certainly do make it hard for ourselves with all our pointless passing about though, a better side may have punished us at the other end.

I thought Queen’s Park were really poor to be honest, but I thought that at the last away game there and they have managed to do better than us since. It’s good to be out of the play off spot but it’s certainly going down to the wire.Β 

28 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Pele

Messi

Ronaldo

Ronaldinho

Cruyff

Haaland

Johnstone

Baxter

Gullit

Van Basten

Law

Best

And so forth......................

Can a player make a difference with a team?

Fuckin right!

Wooooosh !!

4 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

That was an absolute disgrace from a Queen’s Park perspective. Turner’s clearly chucked it. Carse looked like a lost boy. Tizzard over Robson or Bannon? Was he serious?Β 

Tactics were all wrong, deciding to pioneer a new style of football where we don’t tackle was a random one. Failing to press anything was an interesting one too. Also, why are we chucking long balls at McLeish/Williamson, two slight guys?
Β 
Inverness deserved the victory, I’m only amazed it wasn’t by more. I’m starting to really understand the warnings of St Johnstone fans when Davidson was first appointed.Β 
Β 

On the plus side, at least we still get away days to Arbroath.

Bannon has been atrocious, he is worth a goal a game….we need better than that.

Has Danny Wilson been any better than a fit Charlie Fox.

We need a goal and Davidson takes your striker and outball off.

9 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

I thought we were deserved winners. It was a brilliant goal by Harper, and it felt like we could have had more. McKay (apart from his second half sitter) and Samuel worked their back sides off, and thought Doran and Kerr played well too. Apart from a couple of half chances, we weren’t troubled too much. We certainly do make it hard for ourselves with all our pointless passing about though, a better side may have punished us at the other end.

I thought Queen’s Park were really poor to be honest, but I thought that at the last away game there and they have managed to do better than us since. It’s good to be out of the play off spot but it’s certainly going down to the wire.Β 

Alex Samuel, tries as hard as Simon Murray for County. Love players with that attitude! Good to see him doing well.Β 

Good enough for Premeirship? That is the question. Personally I would rather see White loaned back, than Alex Samuel.

4 hours ago, Liam899 said:

Kerr doing a decent job?

No, no he hasn't.Β 

To describe the job that he's done as decent would be doing him a disservice and underestimating the important role that he's played in his time with ict. He's been a very astute signing by our management team.Β 

13 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

A good win for us and it puts the noise over Sheridan and Welsh to bed.

Β 

By 'noise' you mean someone asking a geniune question out of interest, that you seemed to get quite upset about?

In any event, it puts nothing to bed. Queens Park have prettyΒ  good fixtures. Both of you have Dunfermline away so that cancels itself out, but QP have Arbroath who are as close to a gimme as you can get just now, and they play us at home in the last game. Unless we lose the next 2 and Dunfermline win the next 2 we'll have a 2nd string side out resting players for the play-offs. That's a likely 6 points. Obviously you have the 2 point cushion plus the GD is like an extra point,Β  but I reckon ICT will need another 2 wins to be safe which will be difficult.

I thought we deserved the win and whilst we were pretty sound defensively I was disappointed at how toothless we were going forward. We didn't create much of note. Neither did Queens mind but very little to show from an ICT perspective.Β 

Cracking free kick by Harper. It was in as soon as it left his boot. Only other real chance of note for us was perhaps the Mckay opportunity when he passed up a 1 on 1 in the second half.Β 

Queens were desperately poor though. Whilst we had little attacking threat for most of the 90 minutes the home side were seldom able to muster a shot. Sheridan had a well struck effort saved at the start of the second half and Paton almost snatched a late equaliser when the ball dropped to him in the box but it seemed to roll down his shin instead of connecting with his foot and Ridgers saved easily.Β 

Gives us a real chance to avoid the playoffs now but it's far from over.

3 hours ago, Sonam said:

Alex Samuel, tries as hard as Simon Murray for County. Love players with that attitude! Good to see him doing well.Β 

Good enough for Premeirship? That is the question. Personally I would rather see White loaned back, than Alex Samuel.

It’s hard to say. He’s not really been prolific in the Championship, so unlikely he ever will be at any level, but I think he can be an asset paired alongside another striker. He works his socks off.Β 

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Β 

By 'noise' you mean someone asking a geniune question out of interest, that you seemed to get quite upset about?

In any event, it puts nothing to bed. Queens Park have prettyΒ  good fixtures. Both of you have Dunfermline away so that cancels itself out, but QP have Arbroath who are as close to a gimme as you can get just now, and they play us at home in the last game. Unless we lose the next 2 and Dunfermline win the next 2 we'll have a 2nd string side out resting players for the play-offs. That's a likely 6 points. Obviously you have the 2 point cushion plus the GD is like an extra point,Β  but I reckon ICT will need another 2 wins to be safe which will be difficult.

That's ten times as positive as I could be after the last two games. Hope you're right.