Rovers v Airdrie - Tuesday 09/04

8 hours ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

The team needs to have grit and determination, able to stop Airdrie playing through us. Every game against them this season has been disgusting to watch from a Rovers perspective. This has to be gritty not flashy. 

I'd go 

Dabrowski 

J. Brown  Watson    Murray       Dick

Byrne

Mullen   Brown      Matthews  Connolly 

Hamilton

A solid team to start the game with natural footed players on the wings. 

Gives us Easton, Smith, Stanton, Vaughan and Rudden to bring on. I hope to never see Turner on the pitch again. He's been useless. 

It's a pity that Ashcroft isn't back as I'd like to have seen this;

Dabrowski 

Ashcroft.    Watson.   Murray

Mullin      Byrne   Matthews    Dick

Brown                Stanton

Hamilton 

Again having Vaughan, Smith Rudden, Easton and Connolly. 

That's an extremely tough midfield and a midfield I feel could dominate and create chances. 

I don’t see Murray ever playing Mathews , Byrne and Brown in the same midfield.

14 minutes ago, chris1883 said:

Could this be the game Dylan Corr gets a start? I mean, 3 games in the week - you would think our b*stardised defence deserves something akin to fresh legs. 

There's more chance of me making my Rovers debut at CB aged 42 and three quarters.

Any starting 11 that doesn’t include Stanton, I don’t wanna hear or see it!

We’ve lost the midfield battle every game vs Airdrie, that’s what Murray has to get right tomorrow to ensure we get the win. That and stopping Todorov having unmarked opportunities in the box. 

14 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Any starting 11 that doesn’t include Stanton, I don’t wanna hear or see it!

We’ve lost the midfield battle every game vs Airdrie, that’s what Murray has to get right tomorrow to ensure we get the win. That and stopping Todorov having unmarked opportunities in the box. 

Got a feeling we'll be rotating a bit especially in midfield and up front , that's not to say we wont be competitive but if you do (at last 🤣) or don't manage to get one over on us we've got a huge game against dunfermline on saturday

12 hours ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

The team needs to have grit and determination, able to stop Airdrie playing through us. Every game against them this season has been disgusting to watch from a Rovers perspective. This has to be gritty not flashy. 

I'd go 

Dabrowski 

Byrne

Hamilton

Gives us Easton, Smith, Stanton, Vaughan and Rudden to bring on. I hope to never see Turner on the pitch again. He's been useless. 

Dabrowski 

Hamilton 

That's an extremely tough midfield and a midfield I feel could dominate and create chances. 

I thought Turner was decent against Partick Thistle a few weeks ago, so it’s possible he will be dropped for Tuesday and start on Saturday. 

12 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Did we go bust? Cease trading?

Go on......do what you do. Find a wee gif/meme/cartoon if you want.

Sliding into Monday.

Its just an observation. You guys don't like it when folk mention Raith and budgets in the same breath.

Did you pay your creditors 1p in the pound and take them for thousands.  

I'd agree that Stanton has to start this game.  His work rate could be a vital part to winning this.  He was looking back to his old self on Saturday too as he had the right people in the team with him.  Matthews and Byrne did the ball-winning so Stanton wasn't needing to track back as much.  Also, Hamilton is far better at holding the ball up and bringing others into play than Rudden is which makes Stanton a far more effective no 10.

12 hours ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I'd go 

Dabrowski 

Byrne

Hamilton

Dabrowski 

Hamilton 

Sorry I fail to see what Connolly is bringing to the team this season. Last season even when he played with an injury he got us goals but this season he's like a different player. No way Murray isn't starting Vaughan seeing as he rested him on Saturday, Stanton will also play. He needs to keep Matthews in the team, adds much needed dig.

Think there's potential for Rudden and Hamilton partnership here just to stretch Airdries back line they'd both be a fucking nuisance. 

It does weaken our options from the bench and would mean losing a midfielder in the starting line up. 

Airdrie have had our number this season so need to find a way of unlocking their defence. 

7 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Sorry I fail to see what Connolly is bringing to the team this season. Last season even when he played with an injury he got us goals but this season he's like a different player. No way Murray isn't starting Vaughan seeing as he rested him on Saturday, Stanton will also play. He needs to keep Matthews in the team, adds much needed dig.

Maybe if Connolly was started on the left where he can play a ball in to the box, it may help. Every single time he goes forward he is having to cut back. Every team is wise to this tactic now. 

As for Vaughan, he was absolutely murder against Airdrie in the last game, worst I've ever seen him. Just because he is a decent player doesn't mean he's the right man for the game. If we do not win the midfield battle we will get beat again. This needs to be a 5 man midfield for this game, Mark my words, if it isn't we'll get beat again. Vaughan can't start upfront on his own as he can't hold the ball up. 

Anybody who says 2 upfront for this game needs to check the last 3 games against Airdrie to see why this shouldn't happen.

This game could completely end any chance of us having a shot at the title, it's absolutely huge and Airdrie in my eyes go in as favourites as they've played us off the park in every game. If Murray fucks up the team selection for this then it's playoffs for certain. 

26 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Connolly this season I believe has played 23 games 3 goals 5 assists

Last season, 33 games 10 goals an 5 assists. 

I'd say those stats aren't that bad considering a 10 game deficit. 

Josh Mullin 28 games 1 goal and 5 assists. Why are you not slagging him off? He's also started more games than Connolly and is naturally right footed

I agree, I don't think he's been as effective at times but to say you don't know what he's bringing is borderline stupid. 

18 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Connolly this season I believe has played 23 games 3 goals 5 assists

Last season, 33 games 10 goals an 5 assists. 

I'd say those stats aren't that bad considering a 10 game deficit. 

Josh Mullin 28 games 1 goal and 5 assists. Why are you not slagging him off? He's also started more games than Connolly and is naturally right footed

I agree, I don't think he's been as effective at times but to say you don't know what he's bringing is borderline stupid. 

Sorry isn't Connolly a right winger. He played on the right when on loan to us and played on the right under McGlynn and Murray. He appears very lightweight this season getting pushed too easily off the ball.

I haven't said anything about Mullin as he offers a better more dangerous cross, corner.

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Sorry isn't Connolly a right winger. He played on the right when on loan to us and played on the right under McGlynn and Murray. He appears very lightweight this season getting pushed too easily off the ball.

I haven't said anything about Mullin as he offers a better more dangerous cross, corner.

Connolly is left footed and is played on the right. 

If Mullin is more dangerous why are his stats worse than Connolly having played more games? I'd say Connolly is more dangerous and in fact contributed more than Mullin in an attacking sense. Stats don't lie. Defensively both have put in shifts. People see what they want to see, doesn't mean that it's correct. Facts are facts. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Did you pay your creditors 1p in the pound and take them for thousands.  

Not sure if that's another completely different question or not? Let me know. 

Still waiting for a cartoon regarding us "going bust"

24 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Not sure if that's another completely different question or not? Let me know. 

Still waiting for a cartoon regarding us "going bust"

Maybe your looking for the wrong thing, maybe instead of a cartoon you should be looking for  playboy seeing as you went tits up.