Rovers v Airdrie - Tuesday 09/04

47 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

Don't know if I wholly agree but it's not actually daft- second half of 2015/16 we were practically title contender form

Screenshot_20240410_143733_Chrome.jpg

Yeah that's the season I was thinking of. I know it was only really half a season but the level of opposition in the league was miles higher that season. That team would beat the current one.

I also think the team that finished 3rd in the closed doors season was a better team to watch than this season's. We've had the excitement of the late goals and suchlike, but I really don't think we play much in the way of good football.

1 hour ago, Always next quarter said:

TBH our social media is unreadable with negative supporters and opposition fans seeking retribution.

I stopped on the way home last night to get a coffee and looked at the twitter post for the final result.  There were 78 comments and I only saw 1 from a Rovers fan.

33 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Remember seeing scores come through for that game, sounded insane. 

It genuinely was.  I don't think I'd see another game like if I lived to be a hundred.  Callum Smith was immense in the second half, just totally bent the game to his will.  At a certain point it just became obvious that the comeback was not just on, but inevitable.  Never experienced the like.

Surprised Rovers seem to stand off us in the 1st half. We were patient and several times passed through them. Rovers seemed to match up in the 2nd and it worked better for them but we swopped to attacking on the break and bringing on McGregor against a slowing RR defence, who were probably knackered trying to track Gabby. Lewis's goal was lovely. Injection of pace to get past the first man then another as he approached the box. From behind the goal it looked as if he'd might have gone too wide but what a finish. Our new 3 man defence is working very well and I like the odd feature of using 2 rights back (Jannie and Cammy) in a back 3. Jannie, by the way, has improved immensely in this role. Earlier in the year he looked uncertain in a centre half role but now he and Fordyce are an excellent unit.  

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

I stopped on the way home last night to get a coffee and looked at the twitter post for the final result.  There were 78 comments and I only saw 1 from a Rovers fan.

Live by the sword...they deserve a chance after all the at bats we've had.

5 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

The fact we didn't press but there were still gaps makes me blame the players executing the plan. If and buts but we didn't start with a high press because we have done that before and you handed us our arse. We started with 2 holding midfielders in front of a flat back 4, that should tactically nullify the threat that your first 2 goals came from. 

The argument you could make, with hindsight, is why didn't we start the game how we lined up second half. I couldn't blame Murray there to be honest as he was criticised following our game at Tannadice for having a powder puff midfield.

You didn't really press, but didn't sit off either and hold a shape. For the first goal Matthews is well ahead of the play running in circles in the midfield marking no-one, completely vacating a massive space. And Byrne (I think?) makes a half hearted attempt at pressing Frizzell but ends up just taking himself out the game. At the point where Frizzell skips by him there is a space about 50 yards wide and 30 yards deep in front of the Raith back 4 with not a single Raith player in it, all from 2 straight forward passes from Airdrie.

For the 2nd goal those same players are ahead of the ball again and have taken themselves completely out the game. For both those goals if you had a well organised side who held their shape out of possession neither of them happen. Equally so with a well drilled pressing side with a high line and everyone committing to the press. The halfway house that Raith did leaves massive gaps that good players will exploit. You can always isolate individuals to blame but to me there just seemed like an overall lack of idea over what they were meant to be doing, which surely falls on the manager.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

There should be zero surprise at opposition fans reaction to Rovers misfortune given the shite sprayed about by your club. A wee bit more emotional intelligence in relation to self awareness and social awareness would have been advantageous. 

To those Rovers fans laying the boot into Murray, give yourselves a hoover. Reality is within your grasp. 

Couldn’t find fault in any Airdrie player but not sure what the slow short bye kicks is all about. Easily been better than us in our matches this season and are decent to watch them pass the ball along the deck. 
Most Rovers fans appeared pleased that we started the same 11 from Saturday but when it wasn’t working some of those same fans become keyboard Pep Guardiolas and say it was the wrong starting 11!

I thought McGill was excellent when he came on and looks to push forward from full back, can pass and can beat a man. Earned a start next game for me although I thought James Brown had a decent performance. Callum Smith too was positive earned pass marks.

great finishes from Airdrie and anyone blaming Dabrowski needs their eyes tested.

second in the league, miles ahead of the Pars and some still unhappy.

We have had a last minute panenka penalty, gullan scoring at inversneckie, Scott browns wonder strike, some Easton magic, Lewis Vaughan back scoring goals, great saves from big Kev, the 4-3 Patrick match, some magical Murrayball  moments and even a worldie against us by a sub goalie. How can you not say this has been a great season to be a Rovers fan?

4 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

Couldn’t find fault in any Airdrie player but not sure what the slow short bye kicks is all about. Easily been better than us in our matches this season and are decent to watch them pass the ball along the deck. 
Most Rovers fans appeared pleased that we started the same 11 from Saturday but when it wasn’t working some of those same fans become keyboard Pep Guardiolas and say it was the wrong starting 11!

I thought McGill was excellent when he came on and looks to push forward from full back, can pass and can beat a man. Earned a start next game for me although I thought James Brown had a decent performance. Callum Smith too was positive earned pass marks.

great finishes from Airdrie and anyone blaming Dabrowski needs their eyes tested.

second in the league, miles ahead of the Pars and some still unhappy.

We have had a last minute panenka penalty, gullan scoring at inversneckie, Scott browns wonder strike, some Easton magic, Lewis Vaughan back scoring goals, great saves from big Kev, the 4-3 Patrick match, some magical Murrayball  moments and even a worldie against us by a sub goalie. How can you not say this has been a great season to be a Rovers fan?

You keep kidding yourself. We're going nowhere with Murray in charge. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You keep kidding yourself. We're going nowhere with Murray in charge. 

Step away from the keyboard. You are clearly delusional

2nd place is our highest spot in years and years. Not sure that is “nowhere”

1 minute ago, jasperellon said:

Step away from the keyboard. You are clearly delusional

2nd place is our highest spot in years and years. Not sure that is “nowhere”

I read an Airdrie fan saying they got good results in spite of Murray rather than because of him. I think that's probably the case with us. Potter has gone and recruited well but there's no chance Murray has gotten the most out of the resources he has. 

He'll be sacked by Christmas thankfully. 

15 minutes ago, North West said:

There should be zero surprise at opposition fans reaction to Rovers misfortune given the shite sprayed about by your club. A wee bit more emotional intelligence in relation to self awareness and social awareness would have been advantageous. 

To those Rovers fans laying the boot into Murray, give yourselves a hoover. Reality is within your grasp. 

If you get upset by Twitter you need to give yourself a shake and go outside for a bit 😊

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

If you get upset by Twitter you need to give yourself a shake and go outside for a bit 😊

Oh I don't get upset with any of that. Only the Pars getting pumped gets me upset, that and overpriced lager.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I read an Airdrie fan saying they got good results in spite of Murray rather than because of him. I think that's probably the case with us. Potter has gone and recruited well but there's no chance Murray has gotten the most out of the resources he has. 

He'll be sacked by Christmas thankfully. 

I’d second that opinion. The chaotic playing style and jammy goals really painted over Murray’s limited tactical abilities. Was it fun to watch? Yes, but it’s certainly not sustainable. 

I think he’s a very good guy who fits Raith. Your team is full of excellent individuals and that’s what works for Murray. You don’t need systems with a Dylan Easton!

29 minutes ago, North West said:

Oh I don't get upset with any of that. Only the Pars getting pumped gets me upset, that and overpriced lager.

Your frequent bleating about it suggests it does upset you and for someone your age you should be more chilled abouf it

Watched this stream last night, I thought I   was watching the Rangers ?  3 penalty claims and the boo's at the end , until  I seen the empty seats. 😂

Edited by tazz1903

3 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Watched this stream last night, I thought I   was watching the Rangers ?  3 penalty claims and the boo's at the end , untill   I seen the empty seats. 😂

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

51 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Your frequent bleating about it suggests it does upset you and for someone your age you should be more chilled abouf it

I wouldn't call it bleating, I'd call factual representation. Opposition fans see a large section of your fan base acting as hugely self entitled this season. Look at the way your fans are attacking your manager after your best season in how long. Your club has lacked a bit of humility and class. It's been fuckin cringe worthy and it's right you should be slagged, baited and chastised by opposition fans. 

9 minutes ago, North West said:

I wouldn't call it bleating, I'd call factual representation. Opposition fans see a large section of your fan base acting as hugely self entitled this season. Look at the way your fans are attacking your manager after your best season in how long. Your club has lacked a bit of humility and class. It's been fuckin cringe worthy and it's right you should be slagged, baited and chastised by opposition fans. 

What an absolute banger you are.