Rovers v Airdrie - Tuesday 09/04

Just now, embow said:

Why is Brown (the Scott variety) anywhere near the backline when Murray, (the Euan variety) is fit enough to get a place on the bench? He should have been on at the start. It could have been changed later if required.

I mentioned this to folks at the weekend that Murray is always very reluctant to drop Brown even if it means benching defenders. Bizarre really

Just now, Michael W said:

Brown ll

I know you probably mean Scott but I'd take the right back off - everyone seems to say he's a solid operator, everytime I've seen him he looks like he's helping his mates pub team out and spends the whole game hoping the ball doesn't come to him.

Just now, P.C said:

I mentioned this to folks at the weekend that Murray is always very reluctant to drop Brown even if it means benching defenders. Bizarre really

Brown is one of our best players, IF he's played in cm. He's a steady enough cb as an option. Can only assume Murray isn't being risked unnecessarily tonight and quite rightly so tbh. 

Just now, embow said:

Why is Brown (the Scott variety) anywhere near the backline when Murray, (the Euan variety) is fit enough to get a place on the bench? He should have been on at the start. It could have been changed later if required.

Aye it's a ridiculous decision again by the manager. Murray had been in terrific form until he took that head knock in Dundee. If he is fit he should have been one of the first names on the team sheet.

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Couple of great strikes from frizzell and the pressing from airdrie is yet again making us struggle. Can't say I'm shocked or surprised at the way the games unfolding. 

Every team presses us, we just can’t seem to handle it when airdrie do. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Brown is one of our best players, IF he's played in cm. He's a steady enough cb as an option. Can only assume Murray isn't being risked unnecessarily tonight and quite rightly so tbh. 

If there's doubt over Murray, he shouldn't be in the squad.  

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yip he managed in one season to do what Murray failed to do in 4 years at Airdrie.. 

Murray built the spine of that team to be fair, we wouldn’t be where we are without the groundwork he put in. McCabe has undoubtedly taken us to the next level though, literally and figuratively. Murray is very good at incrementally improving teams and making things much more professional but (while this could come back to bite me) McCabe is well ahead of him tactically.

16 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Raith Rovers would do well to replace their manager with the Airdrie manager IMO.

Aye, we tried that, once.

Yeah only half time and raith should be up for the second half. However, we continue to look class. Two great finishes and controlling the game thus far. 

No complaints.  Airdrie, again, were excellent.  

Was happy with the line up, but that was an absolute shambles.  No idea how on earth we get back into this, as the usual chucking on strikers played right into their hands last time out.

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If there's doubt over Murray, he shouldn't be in the squad.  

What difference does it make? He's a body that could potentially come on to the opposition. That will be why he's stripped if he's not ready to play. 

5 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Every team presses us, we just can’t seem to handle it when airdrie do. 

Watch how they press us, they genuinely do it very, very well. Always 2/3 players hunting down ours and they know how our players are going to do things, megwa completely owning easton this season is the biggest example of that.