Rovers 🔵⚪️ v Thistle 🔴🟡 - 2nd v 3rd

21 minutes ago, Laid Back Maverick said:

I thought Easton was poor yesterday. He was trying too hard, trying to showboat, and making wrong decisions.

His dive in the penalty box was embarrassing. When your own fans are shouting at you to get up, stop the nonsense. Frustratingly, he'd tried the same earlier in the half when bundled into touch, albeit not as long.

Was It a dive? The way he was acting I was assuming the Thistle boy must have stood on his foot. That would explain why he was going mental but why it didn’t look like an obvious penalty to anyone else watching it. I’ll check the highlights this morning and see if they clear it up. It didn’t look like a foul or penalty to me.

6 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Was It a dive? The way he was acting I was assuming the Thistle boy must have stood on his foot. That would explain why he was going mental but why it didn’t look like an obvious penalty to anyone else watching it. I’ll check the highlights this morning and see if they clear it up. It didn’t look like a foul or penalty to me.

Watched the replay, and there’s little in the contact. If I was being generous, it was maybe a nippy knock to the ankle. Less generously, he goes down too easy then double-downs on it.

I thought at the time he went down and looked to the ref to see if he was getting a decision then when he realised he wasn’t getting anything he doubled-down to try and avoid a booking for diving….. 

Haven’t watched the replay yet though to see if I’m remembering correctly. 

Yeah I don’t think the booking was for diving, I think you’re right it was for mouthing off. 
But I think the doubling down and making a show of being injured was because he thought he might get booked for diving. 

8 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Yeah I don’t think the booking was for diving, I think you’re right it was for mouthing off. 
But I think the doubling down and making a show of being injured was because he thought he might get booked for diving. 

Kinda ironic that by playacting to avoid a booking he then gets booked for being vocal about his playacting.

I suspect most of the South Stand probably heard me shouting "Shut the f**k up!!!" to Easton after picking up yet another booking for dissent.  He is easily the most frustrating player in our team.  When he's on his game, he's practically unplayable at this level.  Sometimes though he really needs to just play the simple pass and build from there.  You don't always need the little flicks or to take on 3 defenders.

One massive positive about his performance on Saturday was his work rate.  Yes, we'd all prefer to see him attacking but he was always back helping the defence when needed.

He will be far more frustrated than any of us are about his form over the last few months but I really think that, if we're going to get through the playoffs, we really need an on form Dylan Easton.

22 hours ago, AllanJM said:

I suspect most of the South Stand probably heard me shouting "Shut the f**k up!!!" to Easton after picking up yet another booking for dissent.  He is easily the most frustrating player in our team.  When he's on his game, he's practically unplayable at this level.  Sometimes though he really needs to just play the simple pass and build from there.  You don't always need the little flicks or to take on 3 defenders.

One massive positive about his performance on Saturday was his work rate.  Yes, we'd all prefer to see him attacking but he was always back helping the defence when needed.

He will be far more frustrated than any of us are about his form over the last few months but I really think that, if we're going to get through the playoffs, we really need an on form Dylan Easton.

This is why he's a regular starter for a top-end championship club rather than dossing about the part-time leagues.

His talent is undoubted but the last couple of seasons we have seen a real improvement in the work rate and the dirty side of the game. Sure, he has off days where it doesn't work out but he puts in 100% week in week out.