Rovers 🔵⚪️ v Thistle 🔴🟡 - 2nd v 3rd

Both teams in reasonable form, although Rovers played last night (Tuesday) and came unstuck against this seasons bogey team, Airdrie.

A Rovers win ensures second place and keeps us in the hunt for the title. A Partick Thistle win keeps their hopes of second place alive.

Thoughts? Score predictions?

Edited by Scary Bear

• Scary Bear changed the title to Rovers 🔵⚪️ v Thistle 🔴🟡 - 2nd v 3rd
7 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

Rovers bottled it last night. They'll do well to finish 2nd top. Been a good season for the Wee Team. Can't wait till next season now for a wee bit of revenge. 

5-0

lane kiffin roll GIF

There’s no chance we’re finishing second, this is more about consolidating third for us.

If United win on the Friday night, then the only decent thing for Rovers to do is accept that the league is gone and lie down to your pals from Maryhill. 

1 hour ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

Rovers bottled it last night. They'll do well to finish 2nd top. Been a good season for the Wee Team. Can't wait till next season now for a wee bit of revenge. 

Give your head a wobble. 
11 points clear with 12 to play for. 
A point on Saturday guarantees second. Or failing that 2 points from the other 3 games will do it. 

Guess it's "only" 9 games since we last won in Kirkcaldy though with it being 13 years it feel a lot longer.

Main issue for us is whether we react to the Lawless injury (which leaves us with one natural winger in the squad in Fitzpatrick) to a 3-5-2 which definitely suits the balance of the squad, but I'm not sure we've started a game with that setup all season, or if we stick with our usual shape and play someone out of position.

Despite us taking 7 points so far against Partick all the games have been close and I’d expect this one to be fairly even as well. How Murray approaches this one might depend on what happens at Cappielow the night before, especially if United lose. (Spoiler , they won’t)

A draw in this game guarantees second which then lets us focus on finding form, and our best starting 11 for the playoffs.

Murray has to come back into the defence to allow Brown into midfield.  I'd be probably have Turner in there with him as he looked good when he came on last night.  I'd also bring Smith in for Easton and Mullin for Connolly.  Would also be tempted to play McGill at RB as I think he'd overlap well with Mullin.  We all know the issues with Millen but it's no coincidence that we don't score as many goals now without an attacking full back in the team.  

We've tended to bounce back well from hard defeats like last night this season and I'm hoping we can do the same again.  

Of course, the game takes on a completely different context (and some added pressure) if United drop points on Friday but I'm going on the assumption that they'll win comfortably. 

Been close affairs so far this season and last against RR but just don't seem to get the rub of the green against them when it counts .Capable of beating them but equally capable of mucking it up so who knows,especially in light of recent injuries .Will probably end up looking at the Airdrie score through my fingers at Stark's Park this Saturday .

We have an appalling record at Starks Park for as long as I can remember, and the Lawless injury news is a major blow both to our chances in this game and for the remainder of the season.

A point would be a decent outcome for us.

If Partick don't win then we're confirmed second. Quite frankly, looking at this as a whole, failing to finish second given where we are would be a disgrace. 

We have got the better of them this season, but the games have all consisted of thin margins. Our title challenge is over, so now is probably a good time to play us as we'll be a bit deflated. What we need to do is regroup and build some momentum ahead of the playoffs, with a decent chance that we will be facing our Saturday opponents in it. I wouldn't be looking at the league results as a barometer of how this would go, but there is a sinking feeling that if it's Airdrie, then we are totally fucked.

Partick are in good form also. It's very much a turnaround from our last match against them. A very tough fixture ahead of us. 

Edited by Michael W

Does Murray experiment with the squad, or does he decisively pick an 11 and play them every game to try and get a winning formula for the play offs? 

We have 4 games left to prepare for the play offs. A format that's seen us either get knocked out before the final, or get relegated by Brechin a side that subsequently got relegated themselves every season after that and are bo longer in the league. 

Going for a 5-5 with a couple of red cards 

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

Partick are in good form also. It's very much a turnaround from our last match against them. A very tough fixture ahead of us. 

Really dce82182d43b288ced95ece8a86a404e.gif

Edited by I Clavdivs