Rovers 🔵⚪️ v Thistle 🔴🟡 - 2nd v 3rd

Just now, embow said:

Could have asked for a goal or even maybe two but again we got the lucky defensive breaks. Fortunate to get a point and despite coming in second we are going to struggle in the Championship play off never mind the final one.

Feels like Airdrie are the form team at the moment. 

To the limited extent that there were chances, I thought we had the better of them. But that game simply didn’t deserve it finish anything other than 0-0.

That said, if Blair Alston’s free kick had gone in, I think I’d have packed in the football - it’s not topping that. 

5 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Feels like Airdrie are the form team at the moment. 

That’s because they are. Top of the last 5 form (12 from 15), with us second (11 from 15). The big difference is that they are also top of the last 10 (23 from 30), while we only got 13 points in that time (7th)

5 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

That’s because they are. Top of the last 5 form (12 from 15), with us second (11 from 15). The big difference is that they are also top of the last 10 (23 from 30), while we only got 13 points in that time (7th)

Yup, Airdrie are the form team any way you slice the past 10 matches.

Airdrie getting back-to-back promotions would be one of Scottish football's wilder stories, especially after finishing 21 points off the top last season and winning the play-off final on penalties. 

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 17.24.33.png

Not a game that will live long in the memory.

The positive is we have secured the second place finish.

The negatives are the title race is as good as over and we’re not playing very well.

Hopefully we can find a bit of form ahead of the play-offs.

12 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Also top of the home result league table.

Not a great game but 2nd place secured, I'll take that. 

Hopefully Partick can dump Airdrie in the play off QF as I'd fancy our chances more against them. 

Just to add fair play to those Partick fans who made the journey through, made a decent amount of noise throughout the game, I've got a lot of respect for fans from Glasgow who shun the arse cheeks to support the 2 other teams. 

Edited by keyser_soze

For Partick, next week is a double...playing for some £90k+ in position money and the second home match in the playoffs.

Not sure what Raith will play for...perhaps playoff tuning. 

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

For Partick, next week is a double...playing for some £90k+ in position money and the second home match in the playoffs.

Hopefully playing to ensure the ICT hoodoo is well and truly over

7 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Not a great game but 2nd place secured, I'll take that. 

Hopefully Partick can dump Airdrie in the play off QF as I'd fancy our chances more against them. 

Just to add fair play to those Partick fans who made the journey through, made a decent amount of noise throughout the game, I've got a lot of respect for fans from Glasgow who shun the arse cheeks to support the 2 other teams. 

Could barely hear them over all the moaning in the south stand.

30 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

anyone know todays attendance

I don't think I would know them all but there would definitely be some that I would, if I had been there! 

That's me kinda demob happy now but would hope we can get back into a bit of form in the last three games. On current form we'd be doing well winning any of them. A five or six nil scudding against one of the three would fill me with hope again for the Championship final. It's been a decent season whatever happens from now.

Edited by embow

Second place secured with three games to spare and eight points from the games against Thistle.

It's only 13 months since we went to Firhil with a threadbare squad and got absolutely turned over, really good progress from us on the pitch.

Today, good to get a clean sheet with two centre backs playing, and Brown in midfield. Easton offered more wide than Smith who I think is better in the middle.

That felt like a team who'd accepted the title challenge was over after the Utd result last night and were pretty flat as a result.  

On the positive, second place secured and we know we'll be playing one of Airdrie or Partick in the play offs so have three weeks to work towards it.  Regardless of what happens in the play offs, it's been a fair turnaround from last season both on and off the pitch.

We're a bit of a mess at the moment and Murray is as clueless as ever to sort it. Rudden was atrocious again. When you factor in Turner being hooked at half time and Ashcroft being a crock, that's some great January business right there. 

Another game closer to the end of the season I suppose. 

52 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I don’t think next week decides 3rd place as there will be 2 games to go but huge advantage to whoever wins the game.