Clyde -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 20 April 2024)

Clyde are set to welcome to Stenhousemuir to New Douglas Park on Saturday for one of the more intriguing games taking place in the SPFL this weekend. The Bully Wee are fighting for their lives at the bottom of the division and although the Warriors have nothing to play for, I've no doubt they'll want to avenge the 6-1 humiliation the last time the sides met. It's shaping up to be a tasty encounter!

I don't know how Gary Naysmith will approach this one. Nicky Jamieson and Nat Wedderburn are unlikely to play again this season, while a number of players missed out against Elgin City last weekend through illness and various other ailments, so I'm not sure if we'll field the same rag-tag assortment of first teamers and fringe players but regardless, I hope we can do a number on Clyde and get our own back on them. We can have a big say on what happens at the bottom of the table between now and the end of the season, and I'd to see a couple of wins here, starting on Saturday.

Clyde have given us some bother this season, and that's even before you add in the 6-1 game from February. They should have beaten us in our first meeting, a 2-2 draw, but they were hopeless in the 2-1 defeat after Christmas, and only came into the match right at the death. There are some very good players in their ranks - Jordan Allan's performance in the last encounter was probably the best I've seen from an opposition player this season and we simply could not handle him.

Who knows how this one will finish! Probably a hopeless draw.

5 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Clyde are set to welcome to Stenhousemuir to New Douglas Park on Saturday for one of the more intriguing games taking place in the SPFL this weekend. The Bully Wee are fighting for their lives at the bottom of the division and although the Warriors have nothing to play for, I've no doubt they'll want to avenge the 6-1 humiliation the last time the sides met. It's shaping up to be a tasty encounter!

I don't know how Gary Naysmith will approach this one. Nicky Jamieson and Nat Wedderburn are unlikely to play again this season, while a number of players missed out against Elgin City last weekend through illness and various other ailments, so I'm not sure if we'll field the same rag-tag assortment of first teamers and fringe players but regardless, I hope we can do a number on Clyde and get our own back on them. We can have a big say on what happens at the bottom of the table between now and the end of the season, and I'd to see a couple of wins here, starting on Saturday.

Clyde have given us some bother this season, and that's even before you add in the 6-1 game from February. They should have beaten us in our first meeting, a 2-2 draw, but they were hopeless in the 2-1 defeat after Christmas, and only came into the match right at the death. There are some very good players in their ranks - Jordan Allan's performance in the last encounter was probably the best I've seen from an opposition player this season and we simply could not handle him.

Who knows how this one will finish! Probably a hopeless draw.

Probably worth giving anyone who missed last week an extra week to recover…

Well tomorrow is a game of HUGE significance for our ancient and once famous old club, nothing less than 3 points is required as well as results doing us a favour elsewhere, hopefully another crowd touching 1000 turns up tomorrow.

I honestly don't have a clue about our current squad, when our players are up for it and are at full strength, then we beat every team in this league, OR we play as we have most of the season with half of our team looking like they can't be arsed and just going through the motions

roll on tomorrow - COME AWAY THE CLYDE !!!!!!

3pts is needed tomorrow as we need to close the gap before the Elgin game. I would hate it to come down to Elgin (A) although that is looking likely right now. Team I would go with tomorrow is

Kinnaer

Dunachie Sula Hamilton McGinn

Cuddihy Grant Ballantyne Kabia

JA99 Rennie

Edited by BullyWeeClydeFc

A win tomorrow is an absolute must, in fact if results don’t go our way then beating the runaway leaders might only be good enough to maintain the current deficit 😬. Hoping that Dumbarton can do us a favour but I’ve already got that down as +3 for Stranraer.

Stenny’s last 3 games being us, Bonnyrigg and stranraer is going to have a massive say in things.

Clyde (31 pts):

Stenny (H), East Fife (H), Elgin (A)

Stranraer (32 pts):

Dumbarton (H), Forfar (A), Stenny (H)

Bonnyrigg (35 pts):

Spartans (H), Stenny (A), Forfar (H)

Really think we need 6 points from the 2 home games and probably at least a point at Elgin last day. Stranraer could easily take 7 points from their games which would mean we need all 9 to overhaul them.

Would be devastating to have closed such a gap only to fall short at the final hurdle but it’s going to be really tight.

One other factor is Forfar (36 pts) they play East Fife at home tomorrow. If Forfar lose that with Stranraer and Bonnyrigg still to play they could be dragged in. Realistically though can’t see us catching them.

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

The chances are we could have 2 home games against teams with nothing to play for, and absolutely have to take advantage of that with 6 points. 

So Stenny not interested in avenging the biggest blip in their season? East Fife squad not trying to ensure contracts for next season.....oh and the added bonus of Clyde going down.......straws, clutching.