I do not think the players were nervous today, just bad.  We have seen it many times this season.  We had about 5 corners in a row that hit first man/never went to a Dundee United player.

I never really saw the sending off but the ref got a good look and certainly was in no doubt.  But as soon as it went to 10 men I think Ayr went more defensive.  Up until that point they were always in it and we have suffered a few wonder goals this season, so anything could have happened.  A draw would not have been an unfair result in a game neither keeper had real saves to make.

At the final whistle we clapped the team but quickly fecked off to the pub.  While it would take freakish scorelines for us to lose it, as far as I am concerned, until we are officially over the line it is not done.

On to Aidrie on Friday it is.

Edited by Sugar_Army

5 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Think the ref has seen the arm out the corner of his eye and thought he's swung an elbow. Certainly not violent conduct but I'm sure the referees union will think it's a magic decision. 

Did anyone else notice McAllister having a couple of late digs on Middleton in the first half when the ball went out for a goal kick?  It was almost as if he was trying to lay a marker on the winger and intimidate him a bit.  Not long after that Middleton seemed to have a word with the ref (when they had a corner).

I didn't see the red card incident but I'm guessing McAllister has not been entirely innocent.

Thought we were really good value for a point until the sending off and even after it we still gave a decent account. 

12 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Did anyone else notice McAllister having a couple of late digs on Middleton in the first half when the ball went out for a goal kick?  It was almost as if he was trying to lay a marker on the winger and intimidate him a bit.  Not long after that Middleton seemed to have a word with the ref (when they had a corner).

I didn't see the red card incident but I'm guessing McAllister has not been entirely innocent.

Thought we were really good value for a point until the sending off and even after it we still gave a decent account. 

I noticed mcallister as well, was never in any doubt he would be off at some point, he never learns. 

5 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Hope to f**k you get promoted so we don’t have to fucking deal with imbeciles that think they know it all again next season

On the down-side, you're going to have Falkirk fans instead, spending all season telling you that they're too big a team for the Championship.

Enjoy.

11 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Nothing is 100% until it’s 100% it’s simple maths mate

I think you need to reevaluate what the actual point is. Any football fan or sane individual would say there's no way United fail to finish top now due to the huge goal difference between the two teams etc etc.

Maybe you are a bit simple to understand that?

10 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

I think you need to reevaluate what the actual point is. Any football fan or sane individual would say there's no way United fail to finish top now due to the huge goal difference between the two teams etc etc.

Maybe you are a bit simple to understand that?

Almost like a 99.999999999% chance of success. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Almost like a 99.999999999% chance of success. 

Tear stained Dundee United letters to the SPFL asking why they don’t have the trophy yet, they must just not be clever enough to understand either. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Tear stained Dundee United letters to the SPFL asking why they don’t have the trophy yet, they must just not be clever enough to understand either. 

Tear stained Ayr United fans getting all bitter about losing yesterday after thinking they were gonna grind out a draw for most of the afternoon, FAF