Dusseldorf

Butters Scotch

Staying in Dusseldorf for a week from around the 16th June for a week with a bunch of mates. We managed to win tickets In the ballot for a number of games during the stay in the ruhr region including the Scotland Switzerland game so cannae wait. 

Just wondering if others are planning to stay here and if they have any ideas of where they will be drinking and if you know what interesting non football events are on around here around this time? 

Edited by Butters Scotch

On 20/04/2024 at 07:15, Butters Scotch said:

Staying in Dusseldorf for a week from around the 16th June for a week with a bunch of mates. We managed to win tickets In the ballot for a number of games during the stay in the ruhr region including the Scotland Switzerland game so cannae wait. 

Just wondering if others are planning to stay here and if they have any ideas of where they will be drinking and if you know what interesting non football events are on around here around this time? 

I follow this guy on twitter, seems to be an expert on all things German. Answers questions like yours almost every day.

https://x.com/SafeStandingRS?t=61nZmo8tGkyrv7ILUYzztw&s=09

He also has a website

https://www.euro2024ingermany.com/

Edited by Arch Stanton

Arrive 13th on the 430pm flight from Heathrow. 

Im joined by my 3 mates who come up from Munich on the 15th for 5 days. Leave to head south on the 20th.  

Should be a good atmosphere, I know of plenty of England lads using Dusseldorf as a base as well. 

We are here from the 16th to 19th. Then  back to Cologne on the day of the Switzerland game until we head home the following Monday.

I haven’t really looked too much into things at the moment. However, my wife is also going so there will defo be some non- football related things on the go.  Boat tour, food walking tour etc. 

I'm here for the entire group stages, arriving on the 13th flying out the 27th. Going solo but I know I will end up rolling with groups around the place and Dusseldorf seems to of been a popular choice to go for destination wise

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Staying here too. Assume there will be fan zones to watch games on big screens etc?

There's 2 fanzones in Dusseldorf but the one at Burgplatz in the Old Town claims to be showing all the games.

To be honest the Old Town is just streets and streets of bars and most of them show the football including screens outside for having a drink on the street in front of the pubs so it might be worth checking out the fanzone but it's one of the cities I'd say you might be better off just watching elsewhere as the Old Town will be packed with people watching, especially for the evening games.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

We are arriving in Dusseldorf June 14th - a few hours before the Germany game. Would be great to be amongst fellow Scotland fans for the game. Any plans afoot for a semi formal meet up of sorts? No sure whether to try the fan parks or just a pub. 

Looking forward to it.

On 24/04/2024 at 19:12, Charnwood said:

Arrive 13th on the 430pm flight from Heathrow. 

Im joined by my 3 mates

On 03/05/2024 at 12:53, Pmonty3 said:

We are arriving in Dusseldorf June 14th - a few hours before the Germany game. Would be great to be amongst fellow Scotland fans for the game. Any plans afoot for a semi formal meet up of sorts? No sure whether to try the fan parks or just a pub. 

Looking forward to it.

who come up from Munich on the 15th for 5 days. Leave to head south on the 20th.  

Should be a good atmosphere, I know of plenty of England lads using Dusseldorf as a base as well. 

We’re arriving 13th so be checking out the Altstadt for the opening match

Hopefully not the w**ker element of the England support 🫣

2 hours ago, MarkoP said:

We’re arriving 13th so be checking out the Altstadt for the opening match

Hopefully not the w**ker element of the England support 🫣

I was going to give the fan parks a miss as well and suss out the Altstadt in the afternoon. 

This place looks decent but probobly fully booked. 

https://kasematten-duesseldorf.de/events/sport-live/

I'm hoping the party atmosphere in and around town drowns out the neds from any country.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Won't Dusseldorf be full of English?

I hope not 

I’m guessing there will be some based on the stadium’s they play at.

Bit late now 

Apartments been booked since last year