Life On Mars

Probably the best drama in the last 20 years has "just dropped" on Netflix. 

In 2006 a police DCI is involved in a car crash and wakes up in 1973.

He is horrified by how "un-politically correct" his new environment is to him.

I'll say no more than it's 12 episodes of superb character development and story telling. 

Philippe Clement likes this.

I can't believe it's a couple of years shy of 20 years since this was first broadcast, and that you're avoiding spoilers because there's people on here who are too young to remember it first time round (if they were even born). 20 years ago should be something from the 80s. Jeez, I'm getting old.

Brilliant series, though. The sequel, Ashes to Ashes, isn't bad either, and does a good job of explaining things.

God I'd forgotten about this. I watched it when it was on back in 06-07.  Superb show, Philip Glenister is brilliant in it.  Will watch it after I'm done with the equally superb Dexter.

Edited by TheScarf

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Probably the best drama in the last 20 years has "just dropped" on Netflix. 

In 2006 a police DCI is involved in a car crash and wakes up in 1973.

He is horrified by how "un-politically correct" his new environment is to him.

I'll say no more than it's 12 episodes of superb character development and story telling. 

Also a very very decent soundtrack.

7 hours ago, The Master said:

Philippe Clement likes this.

I can't believe it's a couple of years shy of 20 years since this was first broadcast, and that you're avoiding spoilers because there's people on here who are too young to remember it first time round (if they were even born). 20 years ago should be something from the 80s. Jeez, I'm getting old.

Brilliant series, though. The sequel, Ashes to Ashes, isn't bad either, and does a good job of explaining things.

The only TV that's ever made me have a wee greet was the episode of ER when Dr Greene eventually died, but I was close to it at the conclusion of the final episode of Ashes to Ashes, it wrapped everything up brilliantly.

38 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Also a very very decent soundtrack.

Bowie's title track for the show was his take on which other song?

Edited by btb

9 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

From memory, it was a Beatles track, but I canny mind which.

My friend I'll say it clear, I'll state my case of which I'm certain - it wasn't The Beatles. 🎶

Edited by btb

5 hours ago, btb said:

My friend I'll say it clear, I'll state my case of which I'm certain - it wasn't The Beatles. 🎶

Just looked that up to confirm. I can't see it myself in the lyrics, but it does say so on Wikipedia. 

Outstanding TV series and the last few episodes of Ashes to Ashes are wonderful. I've rewatched the whole thing and I still think about that last episode and its implications.

Edited by velo army

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

God I'd forgotten about this. I watched it when it was on back in 06-07.  Superb show, Philip Glenister is brilliant in it.  Will watch it after I'm done with the equally superb Dexter.

Its superb up to a point.

Spoiler

Debra Morgan allowing 13 and her accomplice to walk scot free rang hollow and as for the whole "falling in love with Dexter, covering up La Guerta's murder and the "series finale" was stretching credulity to the limit.

The reboot was good though.

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Its superb up to a point.

Reveal hidden contents

Debra Morgan allowing 13 and her accomplice to walk scot free rang hollow and as for the whole "falling in love with Dexter, covering up La Guerta's murder and the "series finale" was stretching credulity to the limit.

The reboot was good though.

It's great up till the end of s4 and then it's all downhill.

I agree the New Blood season was pretty good tho.

• 1 month later...