The Hoteliers derby: Kilmarnock vs Hearts

Are you even a serious professional football club if you haven't at least dipped your toe into the overnight accommodation and hospitality market

The Park Hotel is has 50 beds whilst the Tynecastle Hotel is only has 25 beds which gives Killie a definite advantage

The Park is the only four star hotel in Kilmarnock making it a domestic giant like Bayern Munich. Tynecastle has four stars but that's mid table respectability in the more competitive capital

And the Skyline restaurant has 5 Stars on trip advisor one more than "Blues" so hope is not lost for the capital

Weighing everything up I'm predicting a draw

32 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Are you even a serious professional football club if you haven't at least dipped your toe into the overnight accommodation and hospitality market

The Park Hotel is has 50 beds whilst the Tynecastle Hotel is only has 25 beds which gives Killie a definite advantage

The Park is the only four star hotel in Kilmarnock making it a domestic giant like Bayern Munich. Tynecastle has four stars but that's mid table respectability in the more competitive capital

And the Skyline restaurant has 5 Stars on trip advisor one more than "Blues" so hope is not lost for the capital

How much is a one night stay? That's got to be a more important stat.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The Park Hotel is nothing to do with Kilmarnock FC. 

We really are the dugs baws, us and Hearts, eh?

I mean, as the Old Firm obviously don't count, it's been left to Killie and the Jambos to be the only good teams in the league, battering teams aside week in week out. 

No other sides anywhere near us as we've both wrapped up Europe, we could come out and play this game in our slippers, knock it about for an agreeable 0-0, and those diddies St Mirren and Dundee still couldn't dream of catching us. 

Hopefully these two great sides elect to play an exciting exhibition match and give us a good 5-5 instead.

I've got some reservations about this one.

Hearts will come into this game with a bit of baggage and in need of a lift after the semi-final defeat and they'll know that a victory will see Kilmarnock check out of the race for third. But I can see us being good guests here and not taking anything home with us.

That said, the tough game Killie gave us a few weeks ago should serve as a wake-up call, and Hearts might just floor us all by picking up a point.

I hope nobody gets booked.

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

The Park Hotel is nothing to do with Kilmarnock FC. 

Yes it is, clubs still has a small stake in it.

It's also owned by the same person who owns the football club, so saying it has nothing to do with Killie would be daft.  

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yes it is, clubs still has a small stake in it.

It's also owned by the same person who owns the football club, so saying it has nothing to do with Killie would be daft.  

A 1% stake is hardly connected at the hip when the hotel is a PLC. Both club and hotel are run as seperate entities. 

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts will come into this game with a bit of baggage and in need of a lift after the semi-final defeat and they'll know that a victory will see Kilmarnock check out of the race for third. But I can see us being good guests here and not taking anything home with us.

That said, the tough game Killie gave us a few weeks ago should serve as a wake-up call, and Hearts might just floor us all by picking up a point.

Couldn't be bothered reading all that, I checked out after the second sentence.

Get inn!

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The bathroom rugs double up for the pitch. Canny Killie, eh?

Having watched Hearts yesterday, I know they can definitely play better than they did - it certainly was an off-day, and I can only hope that the JTs have another day like that on Saturday. The two games at Tynecastle have been close affairs and we arguably could have won both games on another day, but the LC QF at RP saw us switch off at the worst possible time, and the match in December was a poor one where we once again shot ourselves in the foot. On our day, we can certainly match Hearts - but will we finally get a win against them this season? I'm quietly confident that we'll take something from this one. 

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

Quite a reception awaits the players for this one would say.

A wee smug smile from posting this then....

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Ok you win you c**t, not making the bell here.

Edited by gannonball

15 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

A 1% stake is hardly connected at the hip when the hotel is a PLC. Both club and hotel are run as seperate entities. 

You said nothing to do with the club though, which wasn't true. 

They are run as separate entities but both reliant on each other, as both have the same owners. 

Absolutely every club event is there, players stay there when newly signed etc. To say it's nothing to do with the club is just wrong. The hotel isn't a football club liability any longer. 

On 22/04/2024 at 17:00, C4mmy31 said:

Does that mean if Killie go tits up the Hotel can keep all its honours?

Sevco approve of this post.

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Does that mean if Killie go tits up the Hotel can keep all its honours?

Sevco approve of this post.

I bet that sounded funny in your head.