🔴🔵 The Caley v Morton 🔵🔵

Given we’ve got an injury ravaged squad again it sounds like and the game meaning nothing to us and everything to Inverness I’d be completely surprised if there’s anything other than an Inverness win tonight. 

Despite being brilliant in middle of the season it’s felt likea bit of a slog of a season thanks to relegation form to bookend both the first and final quarters so I’ll be glad when it’s over. 

Posted (edited)
On 29/04/2024 at 17:26, DreamOakTree1 said:

Maybe a bit selfish, but on behalf of the championship I hope we send ICT down. The potential for trips to RossCo and the highland rangers taking up 4 away games is too much to contemplate!

Another Central Belter who gets disorientated the further they go from the M8. Are you confident that going to Greenock is really a feast for the senses...? 

Rooting for Caley tonight.

Edited by Lanky Highlander

12 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

4 potential away games where you have to travel more then 100 miles cry me a river. We gotta do it every 2 weeks! 

That's because you don't live near civilisation, you inbred Highland savage.

28 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Imagine anyone mistaking Greenock for civilisation. Such japes...

Greenock is an international cruise destination.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Greenock is an international cruise destination.

And all those tourists shun the rest of Scotland. Marching down the gangplank with their Lonely Planet Greenock guidebooks. 

Edited by Lanky Highlander

2 hours ago, sophia said:

There's no maybe about it, it's the age-old anti highland nonsense that has tumbled down the decades and refuses to accept that Scotland is actually quite a big country, has some nice bits and weegie favelas aren't the dolce vita. 

Anyway, I'm fairly looking forward to Kirk Broadfoot playing football against Alex Samuel and if that doesn't work perhaps some all in wrestling too. 

Incredible that of the last seven clubs elected into the SFL, four of them came from the Highlands (or at least Highland League), two came from the borders and the last was newco Rangers.

I do wonder how, with such inherent bias in the game to the central belt, and west coast in particular, Highland clubs managed to defy the odds and get into the national set up long before a pyramid was put in place to facilitate movement.

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

Incredible that of the last seven clubs elected into the SFL, four of them came from the Highlands (or at least Highland League), two came from the borders and the last was newco Rangers.

I do wonder how, with such inherent bias in the game to the central belt, and west coast in particular, Highland clubs managed to defy the odds and get into the national set up long before a pyramid was put in place to facilitate movement.

Incredible that you don't wonder why they weren't part of the national leagues before. 

If you are old enough, you'll recall the squirming of the closed shop that was the sfl when they were challenged and how they were ultimately embarrassed into change. 

Anyway, I was making an entirely different point but whatever, well done in replying. 

On 29/04/2024 at 17:26, DreamOakTree1 said:

Maybe a bit selfish, but on behalf of the championship I hope we send ICT down. The potential for trips to RossCo and the highland rangers taking up 4 away games is too much to contemplate!

And do you honestly think that Caley fans relish a trip to Greenock.

A backwater with a massive drug problem and Call Centres which replaced the likes of Scotts and Tate and Lyle.

Before you answer I know the Green Oak very well.

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

There was about 20 years between Meadowbank Thistle entering and County and Caley Th joining, these places only came up for grabs when they were available. restructuring the leagues etc. There was no election system in place in Scottish football unlike there was in England during the 70's and early 80's.

27 minutes ago, sophia said:

Incredible that you don't wonder why they weren't part of the national leagues before. 

If you are old enough, you'll recall the squirming of the closed shop that was the sfl when they were challenged and how they were ultimately embarrassed into change. 

Anyway, I was making an entirely different point but whatever, well done in replying. 

Nope, complete bollocks.

You’re the one who chose to allude to an anti-Highland bias in the present tense when in actual fact, it was a full thirty years ago that the first two Highland clubs were voted into the national set-up, we’ve had another two since, and the pyramid is now opened up to allow any club in (or back out as will hopefully be the case for Inverness with the money drying up).

I’d congratulate you on replying too, but let’s be honest, it would probably have been better if you hadn’t bothered.

3 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

There was about 20 years between Meadowbank Thistle entering and County and Caley Th joining, these places only came up for grabs when they were available. restructuring the leagues etc. There was no election system in place in Scottish football unlike there was in England during the 70's and early 80's.

I refer you to the above. If Sophia wants to refer to the current attitudes towards Highland clubs’ participation when in fact, they’ve had more than their fair share of opportunities for a full 30 years now, then he/she quite rightly deserved to be pulled for it.

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

Nope, complete bollocks.

You’re the one who chose to allude to an anti-Highland bias in the present tense when in actual fact, it was a full thirty years ago that the first two Highland clubs were voted into the national set-up, we’ve had another two since, and the pyramid is now opened up to allow any club in (or back out as will hopefully be the case for Inverness with the money drying up).

I’d congratulate you on replying too, but let’s be honest, it would probably have been better if you hadn’t bothered.

I refer you to the above. If Sophia wants to refer to the current attitudes towards Highland clubs’ participation when in fact, they’ve had more than their fair share of opportunities for a full 30 years now, then he/she quite rightly deserved to be pulled for it.

I'm not referring to football but there we go. 

The sun is out and there's a game to look forward to so that's just what I'll do. 

If there's an underpinned to your displayed and obvious disposition, please try and look on the bright side. 

First visit to the Caledonian Stadium for me tonight, to potentially witness the end of two eras: Imrie’s Morton V1, if as many players are to leave as is rumoured; and ICT’s championship stay, as they begin an undignified tumble to the Highland League. Would be nice if we could nudge them on their way. 

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'm not referring to football but there we go. 

The sun is out and there's a game to look forward to so that's just what I'll do. 

If there's an underpinned to your displayed and obvious disposition, please try and look on the bright side. 

Ah, right. Understandable shifting of the goalposts as soon as your “point” is ruthlessly devoured.

I’m very much looking on the bright side. The prospect of Inverness’s relegation and implosion, if not this year, very soon, is a terrific thought.