🔴🔵 The Caley v Morton 🔵🔵

23 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Team too big to go down v. team too small to go up.

I think Falkirk came up with that one a few years ago when we played at their place on the last day a few years ago.

That went well for them, but in fairness it has only taken them a few years to get back to the Championship.

Sadly I would expect you to canter the playoffs unless Big Dunc loses it and hasn't signed the lone plays up to include these games.

2 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Sadly I would expect you to canter the playoffs unless Big Dunc loses it and hasn't signed the lone plays up to include these games.

Dear god, I hadn’t even thought of that terrifying prospect. Well at least Scott Gardiner has a reputation for being on the ball with this type of stuff…

Imrie's not giving away who the players are, but unless he's at it for no apparent reason it sounds like we're struggling to put a team together for tomorrow with injuries.

I can't see Queens Park beating, or even drawing with Ardrie.

A bore draw 0-0 here which I expect will see ICT safe for this season. Almost tempted to go tomorrow night as a neutral. Will be certainly a very tense game, such games I love as a neutral of sorts.

Airdrie will have an eye on next week, a motivated QP can get a result against them. 

As funny as it would be to send Caley into the playoffs, we’ve been in holiday mode for weeks - and are up against a team that’d actually like to win the game.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Airdrie will have an eye on next week, a motivated QP can get a result against them. 

As funny as it would be to send Caley into the playoffs, we’ve been in holiday mode for weeks - and are up against a team that’d actually like to win the game.

We don't like to win games. We like to pass it around a lot and maybe try and sneak a draw. If we do that tonight Ferguson will be delighted. 

Edited by RiG

Tonight its going to finally click for the Caley after all these dire games this season and we will absolutely batter Morton by 4 goals at least. Dunc will say its a testament to the hard work that its finally all come together (justifying why he deserves another shot at this next year) while Dougie will say who fucking cares its a dead rubber for them and we are all away for our all inclusives.

11 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Imrie's not giving away who the players are, but unless he's at it for no apparent reason it sounds like we're struggling to put a team together for tomorrow with injuries.

Full time score: 

The Caley 0 Morton 3 

I am absolutely fucking shiteing myself for this and it’s 9:30am. I really hope the players grasp just how important tonight is, what it means to everyone associated with the club.

Both Airdrie and Morton will want to win, I don’t buy that either will have their flip flops on. 

I fancy us to find a way to win tonight however ultimately I don’t think it will be enough.

23 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

I am absolutely fucking shiteing myself for this and it’s 9:30am. I really hope the players grasp just how important tonight is, what it means to everyone associated with the club.

Both Airdrie and Morton will want to win, I don’t buy that either will have their flip flops on. 

I fancy us to find a way to win tonight however ultimately I don’t think it will be enough.

Courage mon brave, faint heart never fecked a pig.

4 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Am I right in thinking that Caley don't stream their home matches?

We do not, however there’s sometimes a stream that pops up on some completely legal streaming websites. It’s a shitty AI controlled stream and doesn’t have replays or commentary but better than nothing

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Surely Airdrie are resting most of the starting 11 for Tues? Would be mad to risk injuries to key players a few days before the playoffs. Fully expect a fringe Airdire team to start that game and for Queens to win comfortably.

Not convinced our players will be arsed with winning either.  Comfortable home win.

Edited by madton

On 29/04/2024 at 17:26, DreamOakTree1 said:

Maybe a bit selfish, but on behalf of the championship I hope we send ICT down. The potential for trips to RossCo and the highland rangers taking up 4 away games is too much to contemplate!

There's no maybe about it, it's the age-old anti highland nonsense that has tumbled down the decades and refuses to accept that Scotland is actually quite a big country, has some nice bits and weegie favelas aren't the dolce vita. 

Anyway, I'm fairly looking forward to Kirk Broadfoot playing football against Alex Samuel and if that doesn't work perhaps some all in wrestling too. 

21 minutes ago, sophia said:

There's no maybe about it, it's the age-old anti highland nonsense that has tumbled down the decades and refuses to accept that Scotland is actually quite a big country, has some nice bits and weegie favelas aren't the dolce vita. 

Anyway, I'm fairly looking forward to Kirk Broadfoot playing football against Alex Samuel and if that doesn't work perhaps some all in wrestling too. 

Samuel spent most of his time diving all over Cappielow the last time out so you might not be far off the mark with some WWE action...

46 minutes ago, sophia said:

We understand you're a bit nervous, but try to calm down at least until kick-off...

On 29/04/2024 at 17:26, DreamOakTree1 said:

Maybe a bit selfish, but on behalf of the championship I hope we send ICT down. The potential for trips to RossCo and the highland rangers taking up 4 away games is too much to contemplate!

4 potential away games where you have to travel more then 100 miles cry me a river. We gotta do it every 2 weeks!