Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

Only one team deserved that - we only started playing at 3-0 down.

Tactically Docherty got it wrong but the players need to take a lot of the blame - dreadfull defending not helped by an anonymous midfield.

One win against the other top 6 teams says it all.

Posted (edited)

Outclassed, no other word for it. Thoroughly disappointing and the European dream gone, but that won't define our season. Very impressive from St Mirren, probably should had Europe wrapped up ages ago on that performance. Such an unlikeable team, but that's how you want your team to be.

Makes you wonder how bad that 'food bug' was in the 4-0 game. I would say best of luck in Europe to Saints, but I'm fully expecting you and Killie to embarrass Scottish football this summer.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 29/04/2024 at 21:31, Dundee-FC92 said:

You do know your constant wittering on about bin fires and how the thread should read out has been the most monotonous and predictable posts over the first three pages?

Have a bit of self awareness.

Thank you. 

1-3.

Thank you.

Better team won and we well deserved that, and fifth place if/when it comes. I fucking love Gogic like words can't describe. Mark O'Hara is approaching his better form again. Ryan Strain is a god and his absence was absolutely the biggest factor in our reduced form.

This is amazing but there are still St Mirren fans who don't like Stephen Robinson. The man is fucking class.

A few words for Luke McCowan who was still the best player on the park despite our overall superiority. He is proper. Surely there'll be some big offers for him this summer.

Fair play to St Mirren. That was some performance. Never let us settle in the first half and that set the tone for the game. We were nervous throughout and just couldn't string a couple of passes together.

Mental that Docherty kept the same shape for so long. We played one of our worst games of the season bar a few skelpings from the OF but that was 100% down to St Mirren forcing us to play within ourselves and then we couldn't change it and just started making the absolute most basic of mistakes.

St Mirren's last 2 goals were goals a team concedes when they're in a relegation battle just basic individual and collective errors but we never deserved anything today. 

Shite that this happened in such an important game that so many had a collective nightmare including the manager but thems the breaks. Still a cracking first season back and hopefully we can push on again next season. 

Ach well the dream of Europe looks over ..we picked a fine day to have the holiday heads on ..st mirren deserved that greatly aided by some schoolboy defending ...but still been a good season back up 

Shat myself when Dundee pulled one back, allowed myself to believe after our third and thought I’d jinxed it.

As some have alluded to, we were excellent today, and whilst Dundee no doubt had an off day we played a huge part in that literally from kick off. We are a different defence with Bolton, and Strain (but that probably goes without saying).

Mandron excellent again today, with Baccus doing an excellent shift when he came on.

Mccowan is class - he’ll surely get a “big” Move in the summer 

25 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Outclassed, no other word for it. Thoroughly disappointing and the European dream gone, but that won't define our season. Very impressive from St Mirren, probably should had Europe wrapped up ages ago on that performance. Such an unlikeable team, but that's how you want your team to be.

Makes you wonder how bad that 'food bug' was in the 4-0 game. I would say best of luck in Europe to Saints, but I'm fully expecting you and Killie to embarrass Scottish football this summer.

All we have ever wanted is the opportunity to embarrass Scottish football.

Gutted to not be there in person today, but so happy with the result and the performance. Dundee are still a good team, and with 3 games to go anything could happen, but f**k me, how long have we been waiting for St Mirren to just turn up and be better, like we were today? No failures across the team (ok, the goal was soft, but f**k it) and a huge three points. Loved it.