24/25 - New Kits

28 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Are Hamilton actively trying to make their fanbase implode? 

Not sure why we'd implode over a remake of a kit we've been asking for for years!

49 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If you thought Hamilton's home kit was bad, check out their away kit 😅

20240817_124807.thumb.jpg.03df0c1d50e5edf8df4efe861f56a556.jpg

14 minutes ago, Count Mongo del Fantastico said:

Think it would have looked better with white trim instead of gold, but it's okay. No fannying about with the hoops on this one like the home kit, though the blue and green could have been a bit more vibrant.

The same colours as an old Hibs 3rd kit and it would look so much better.

Hibs release new third kit inspired by purple and green ...

We're gonna have to explain this one to those who see green & blue as Celtic & Rangers.

Accies were formed by pupils & staff from Hamilton Academy - hence Academical part of our name - which is now Hamilton Grammar.

The colours of both the original & current school are green & blue.

We last had a green & blue hopped away top back in 2001 - this choice of colour & design for our away kit in our 150th anniversary year is a nod to the history of the club.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Hamilton Rugby Club's home kit is green & blue hoops as well due to their links to the school.

26 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I don’t mind the green and blue - but the gold trim is wild, and the red badge doesn’t work. 

edit - maybe badge would be fine without gold trim, looks fine in that old pic. 

It's our badge, though. Personally I'm not a fan of clubs changing the colour of their badge to match their kit. Would like us to return to a white badge with red detail, but it's been flipped for so long now it doesn't bother me that much.

The gold is a bit naff, I agree. I know the club are wanting to mark the 150th Anniversary but not sure shoehorning gold into everything is necessary.

50 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

We're gonna have to explain this one to those who see green & blue as Celtic & Rangers.

Accies were formed by pupils & staff from Hamilton Academy - hence Academical part of our name - which is now Hamilton Grammar.

The colours of both the original & current school are green & blue.

We last had a green & blue hopped away top back in 2001 - this choice of colour & design for our away kit in our 150th anniversary year is a nod to the history of the club.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Hamilton Rugby Club's home kit is green & blue hoops as well due to their links to the school.

I do feel conflicted as a Holy Cross boy but I suppose I'll just have to suck it up. 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's our badge, though. Personally I'm not a fan of clubs changing the colour of their badge to match their kit. Would like us to return to a white badge with red detail, but it's been flipped for so long now it doesn't bother me that much.

The red badge is absolutely out of place and perhaps just a simple white monotone crest would suffice on this, not difficult to do. What gets me is the really bad alignment of the circles on the badge. On all of the strips and training gear that I’ve seen on twitter the crest looks such bad quality it’s laughable. Is the strip that’s on sale to fans the same?

Absolutely dreadful how they can fcuk up another simple design: the gold wtf; cheap, shoddy material, non alignment of hoops/sleeves ; the terrible badge and that is before looking at the origins of Kurt.

Like last season, everything is Paddy’s Market quality whether that be strips, tee shirts or Polo shirts etc.

Oh to be a normal club with a decent range of quality branded strips and merchandise.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

Changing the colour of the badge is some thing that would normally annoy me. In this instance though,  I think an all gold badge would have been better (only because of the gold trim used)

The club badge should otherwise always be as it is now and as close to the towns coat of arms as possible. As a traditionalist  the inverted white shield with red "stars" was never acceptable. 

Edited by Beckford

6 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I don’t mind the green and blue - but the gold trim is wild, and the red badge doesn’t work. 

edit - maybe badge would be fine without gold trim, looks fine in that old pic. 

The shoulders and neck are very similar to Plymouth Argyle's top last season. It had gold trim too. Thought it looked good at the game today but I'll not be buying it as I think the quality will still be poor and the badge not being done properly annoys me (colours are correct though, as it should be). I expect no consistency with the replicas.

Now that I've seen what it is supposed to be an homage to, it's even worse. 

Those older green and blue strips are pretty smart, but this new one is awful, cheap looking pish.

If only Hamilton hadn’t spent so much money on the expensive photoshoot to unveil it they might have been able to have a bit better design.