I've been looking at the possible outcomes this weekend as the 2nd, 3rd & 4th places are settled, bearing in mind that Peterhead host Dumbarton and Spartans head to Methil.  Apologies in advance if I've goofed here...

Peterhead win + Spartans win = P/S/D

Peterhead win + Spartans draw = P/D/S

Peterhead draw + Spartans win* = P/S/D

Peterhead draw + Spartans draw = P/D/S

* Unless Spartans win by about 10 goals

Dumbarton win + Spartans win = D/S/P

Dumbarton win + Spartans draw = D/P/S

And that's before we consider the outcome at Forthbank 😄

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

I reckon it'll finish in the order it's currently in. I don't see us winning at Peterhead and while Spartans might win at East Fife, I'd think a home win/draw is more likely. What I'd like to avoid is having the away leg first (i.e. finishing 2nd) and Annan being the L1 team.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

I reckon it'll finish in the order it's currently in. I don't see us winning at Peterhead and while Spartans might win at East Fife, I'd think a home win/draw is more likely. What I'd like to avoid is having the away leg first (i.e. finishing 2nd) and Annan being the L1 team.

The only team with the away leg 1st is the team finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th will play their ties at home 1st (also in the final, if they get there)

Agreed on Annan, I'd rather face Stirling.

20 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

The only team with the away leg 1st is the team finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th will play their ties at home 1st (also in the final, if they get there)

Yep, so ideally I'd rather we don't finish 2nd, which I didn't make clear!

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've been looking at the possible outcomes this weekend as the 2nd, 3rd & 4th places are settled, bearing in mind that Peterhead host Dumbarton and Spartans head to Methil.  Apologies in advance if I've goofed here...

Peterhead win + Spartans win = P/S/D

Peterhead win + Spartans draw = P/D/S

Peterhead draw + Spartans win* = P/S/D

Peterhead draw + Spartans draw = P/D/S

* Unless Spartans win by about 10 goals

Dumbarton win + Spartans win = D/S/P

Dumbarton win + Spartans draw = D/P/S

And that's before we consider the outcome at Forthbank 😄

thanks.

i'd been trying to figure it out as well. 

preference number one would obviously be to beat Annan on Saturday and not have to worry about this.

after that, i really, really don't want Peterhead to finish 4th. I can't make Peterhead on a Tuesday night and i doubt it's much better for our players so i'd like to avoid that if possible. Both Spartans and Dumbarton are viable Tuesday night destinations although the thought of another Tuesday night game in Dumbarton gives me PTSD. 

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Yep, so ideally I'd rather we don't finish 2nd, which I didn't make clear!

I don't think it matters. The travelling is more of an issue for us than it is for Peterhead whether it's a Tuesday or a Saturday, and given how shite we've been up there on a Saturday I'm not sure it'll matter too much. We could give ourselves a real boost going into the play offs with a win against Peterhead on Saturday so I hope we do that and finish 2nd if I'm honest.

I've written four opposition previews for next week's semi-final programme. If someone could do up a 'Four opposition previews' Peep Show meme for me as a reward then that would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway. Annan are in really good form and are paying the price for a ropey start to the season. So I don't fancy us against then. There's hasn't been a great deal between us, Spartans and Peterhead this season (aside from the 6-2 win v Spartans a few months back). So any game there could go either way. 

Stirling Albion don't look in good form and would give me a nice local game. Plus we haven't played them this season. So, nae offence Binos, but I'm wanting you lot in the semis.

I actually think finishing third or fourth suits us better with the home leg first too. We've had 'second leg advantage' in the previous two seasons and the games have been over by half-time in the first leg.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think it matters. The travelling is more of an issue for us than it is for Peterhead whether it's a Tuesday or a Saturday, and given how shite we've been up there on a Saturday I'm not sure it'll matter too much. We could give ourselves a real boost going into the play offs with a win against Peterhead on Saturday so I hope we do that and finish 2nd if I'm honest.

Big difference going there on a Saturday versus a Tuesday, though. Players might have had to work Tuesday morning and then make a long journey North, which really isn't ideal.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've written four opposition previews for next week's semi-final programme. If someone could do up a 'Four opposition previews' Peep Show meme for me as a reward then that would be greatly appreciated.

8ofvo4.jpg

19 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

The pedant in me feels the need to point out that in the event of 3rd and 4th BOTH reaching the final, then 3rd wouldn't play their home leg first. 😉

3 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

People- the above are First World problems. Staring down the barrel of an LL play-off is worthy of concern way beyond what day of the week to go to Peterhead. 🤢

Nah, Clyde are safe. Stranraer won't win and even if they do, a point at Elgin is easy-peasy.

Edited by FifeSons

6 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

People- the above are First World problems. Staring down the barrel of an LL play-off is worthy of concern way beyond what day of the week to go to Peterhead. 🤢

I agree entirely.

Going to Peterhead any day of the week is preferable.