🔴🔵 The Caley v Montrose 🔵🔵

1 hour ago, Ott said:

Amazing to think we have a guy sitting on the bench week after week who was viewed as one of our more creative players but Fergusson has never trusted Macgregor with more than about 10 minutes. Meanwhile we're treated to the delights of Anderson. Fergusson throws on Pepple who doesn't look like he could score in a brothel (ok he got one...in 30 games according to the Luton newspapers) whilst a bright talent (Adam Brookes) sits, dejected and totally ignored. I thought Fergusson's big selling point was he was good at developing youth? Maybe they've got to come from England first, because obviously those from the U23 league who have never played a senior game will be much better than what we produce in our country.......

Of the nine loan players for me only three should have an automatic start, Lawal, Kerr and Samuel.

2 hours ago, Rael Rover said:

Back to the play off are ICT fans confident? This to me has a bit of of a Raith scenario where Gary Fu**ing Locke loaned Louis Vaughan to Dumbarton where he proceeded to score goals that helped them to 3rd bottom and us to eventual relegation by losing to Brechin in rhe play offs. By then we had brought in John Hughes. ICT changed manager, let an experienced player move to Queen's  Park who finished 3rd bottom, and now face an Angus team in the play offs.

Two experienced players to QP - Sheridan and Welsh. Both have been absolutely superb for us.

5 hours ago, Rael Rover said:

Back to the play off are ICT fans confident? This to me has a bit of of a Raith scenario where Gary Fu**ing Locke loaned Louis Vaughan to Dumbarton where he proceeded to score goals that helped them to 3rd bottom and us to eventual relegation by losing to Brechin in rhe play offs. By then we had brought in John Hughes. ICT changed manager, let an experienced player move to Queen's  Park who finished 3rd bottom, and now face an Angus team in the play offs.

To be fair, Inverness haven't been giving Scott Roberts game time.

On 08/05/2024 at 06:02, RiG said:

I don't think Ferguson has come over to the fans since Partick away when he got an earful from a number of them. 

And quite rightly so. 

There's a feral element to some of our support and they would be well advised to give sober reflection to their own actions.

The individual who launched a missile that struck the referee on the head last Friday is a perfect example of the kind of infantile behaviour that has tipped over to the actions of a criminal. 

5 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Two experienced players to QP - Sheridan and Welsh. Both have been absolutely superb for us.

I’ll give you Welsh but not Sheridan. His contract expired and he did absolutely nothing with us to deserve a new one. No doubt he has been excellent for you though.

12 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I’ll give you Welsh but not Sheridan. His contract expired and he did absolutely nothing with us to deserve a new one. No doubt he has been excellent for you though.

Makes you wonder why such an experienced and gifted player was 'let go' by Inverness?

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Makes you wonder why such an experienced and gifted player was 'let go' by Inverness?

Needed space for more defenders imo. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

In 5 and a half seasons he played about 100 times.  He's good when he plays but he never plays.

edit: Wikipedia says he played 109 times for The Caley.

Edited by Buzz Killington

18 minutes ago, Links_Park_Dynamo said:

Any recommendations for 3 x buses to go pre match for some highland hospitality and refreshments?

The Caley club on Greig Street but parking three buses a problem, plus there is a bar at the stadium. Fairways on the West Link has ample parking

15 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Sheridan was worse than honking at Caley. His performances for QP are baffling.

Big Dunc looks like a man who knows his dreams of being full-time manager at Everton, or Rangers, or Dundee United, or even Forest Green again, are slithering down the plughole.

36 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The Caley club on Greig Street but parking three buses a problem, plus there is a bar at the stadium. Fairways on the West Link has ample parking

Many thanks.  We’ve gotten somewhere sorted 

Wouldn't be suggesting the Caley Club. They'll be showing the OF game on Saturday so with the current ownership I'd be expecting the place to be busy with different clientele. 

Me picturing a world in which Inverness "The Caley" Caledonian Thistle Football Club do get relegated to the Irn-Bru Second Division:

890038.jpg

I must admit I thought there would be goals in the last game (even though ICT fans disagree) I hope it can be sorted out inside the 90 minutes, no one wants to lose a game like this from the penalty spot 

I hope there’s a clear cut winner in this match, and no group of fans feel hard done by with howling refereeing 

19 hours ago, sophia said:

And quite rightly so. 

There's a feral element to some of our support and they would be well advised to give sober reflection to their own actions.

The individual who launched a missile that struck the referee on the head last Friday is a perfect example of the kind of infantile behaviour that has tipped over to the actions of a criminal. 

It wasn't just the drunken hooligans/ultras shouting at him. Well respected fans who had been going to games for years who's father's have been supporting the club since the Caledonian days. Fans from all walks of life were fed up that day. Big Dunc thought it was a great idea to come up to us like a patronising git. 

Nick Montgomery got a bit of scrutiny for it recently so why should Dunc get let off?? Except Nick didn't try n argue with the fans he took the pelters actually applauded the fans & went back to the dressing room as awkward as it might've looked he handled it well enough. Dunc on the other hand tried to argue that we should be content with a 1-0 lose cause we were down to 10 men?? Like I said he was being patronising & rightfully got told where to go. 

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Wouldn't be suggesting the Caley Club. They'll be showing the OF game on Saturday so with the current ownership I'd be expecting the place to be busy with different clientele. 

You're assuming of course that none of the Montrose fans have blue or green affinities, highly improbable. 

3 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

It wasn't just the drunken hooligans/ultras shouting at him. Well respected fans who had been going to games for years who's father's have been supporting the club since the Caledonian days. Fans from all walks of life were fed up that day. Big Dunc thought it was a great idea to come up to us like a patronising git. 

Nick Montgomery got a bit of scrutiny for it recently so why should Dunc get let off?? Except Nick didn't try n argue with the fans he took the pelters actually applauded the fans & went back to the dressing room as awkward as it might've looked he handled it well enough. Dunc on the other hand tried to argue that we should be content with a 1-0 lose cause we were down to 10 men?? Like I said he was being patronising & rightfully got told where to go. 

I'm not at all sure any of that convinces me of your argument so on that basis I'd like to thank you for being civil and i'll be content that we have different views, especially with regard to my more substantive point.