I would hope Winters stays on as always he was the quiet thinking man rather than the grumpy angry one. Maybe it was his tactics and Tony’s shouting that made them a good team.

9 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

I would hope Winters stays on as always he was the quiet thinking man rather than the grumpy angry one. Maybe it was his tactics and Tony’s shouting that made them a good team.

I would hope as part of a team he would walk also regardless of what he brings , u agree with the decision ? 

18 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I would hope as part of a team he would walk also regardless of what he brings , u agree with the decision ? 

I’m guessing if he is considering staying then there is more to it. He just always struck me as someone who was the training guy as he was always the one with the players before the games that I’ve seen. Hard to argue with results though but surely the players deserve the credit as well. I wouldn’t have thought they would want to down tool with the final coming. If they weren’t happy, then show the world, and get a better move. Would hate to see any go but a change in manager always can go 50/50.

24 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

If I was Michael Oliver I wouldn’t touch the job with a barge pole with who’s running the club , it really is a complete and utter mess with no one got a clue about football 

Doesn’t take a footballing genius to have half a clue that the League form has been tragic to say the least.

The two cup finals have kept Tony in a job until now. Would you be confident going into the Junior Cup Final while Tony has the reigns…. I for one wouldn’t. 

Taking nothing away from him for getting us there and the good results/ performances in the league but if there were no cup finals he would have been long gone by now. 

4 minutes ago, ClubFan87 said:

Doesn’t take a footballing genius to have half a clue that the League form has been tragic to say the least.

The two cup finals have kept Tony in a job until now. Would you be confident going into the Junior Cup Final while Tony has the reigns…. I for one wouldn’t. 

Taking nothing away from him for getting us there and the good results/ performances in the league but if there were no cup finals he would have been long gone by now. 

So u agree with this decision ? 
he’s top Half of the table after being told to get rid of all the top players and high earners and I thought we would be lucky to stay up when that decision was made ,  not only has he done that easily he has won the west cup which we have never done and favourites for the Scottish cup  final , no disrespect to arthurlie 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

he’s top Half of the table after being told to get rid of all the top players and high earners and I thought we would be lucky to stay up when that decision was made ,  not only has he done that easily he has won the west cup which we have never done and favourites for the Scottish cup  final , no disrespect to arthurlie 

But he hasn't got rid of the big earners though has he?

Leishman Caldwell Syme Bronsky Gee Jordan & Craig Moore et al will still be taking big wages every week.

Just now, andy25 said:

Leishman Caldwell Syme Bronsky Gee Jordan & Craig Moore et al will still be taking big wages every week.

Of course they are but the bigger earners than them Went 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I don’t know the manager but what a job he’s done with the rug pulled from Him halfway through the season to be if he won the Scottish the most successful manager in Darvel’s history , it actually beggars belief 

How can winning the junior cup now in 2024 make him the most successful darvel manager ever ? Mick Kennedy is your most successful manager ever as it's harder to win the wosfl than a cup!

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Yes I do. As I said before I believe Tony would have been gone a long time ago if we hadn’t the cup finals to look forward to. Is it great timing, probably not. 

You must be watching someone else, there’s been nothing easy about how we have got into the top half of the table and that’s the problem. We were never going to get relegated that’s just you talking nonsense again. Today was a prime example of how poor we have been in the league. 

I wouldn’t be confident going into the Scottish final if things hadn’t changed. Will I be confident going into the finals let’s see how it plays out, who will be taking them team.

2 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

How can winning the junior cup now in 2024 make him the most successful darvel manager ever ? Mick Kennedy is your most successful manager ever as it's harder to win the wosfl than a cup!

West and Scottish in one season , no one has ever done it so that’s how , mick is held in the greatest regard by myself as he transformed the football club and gave us some unbelievable days which will never be forgotten 

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

West and Scottish in one season , no one has ever done it so that’s how , mick is held in the greatest regard by myself as he transformed the football club and gave us some unbelievable days which will never be forgotten 

Can't agree a league is always the biggest prize for any manager.

15 minutes ago, andy25 said:

And signed Kyle Hutton on loan after getting rid of players and that wasn’t peanuts he was on. 

And I doubt Sideserf signed for low wages either 

I would agree with the league being the best thing a manager can win. You can’t beat a cup run either though - just ask Mick - he’s done both!

Only three people left in October so it couldn’t have been the big rug pull you say or everyone would have been away. You moan that the likes of leishman and Wilson are on thousands a week so hardly ALL the big hitters left.
I keep hearing the club are spending more than bringing in so can’t be overspending if no big earners. It’s like rhubarb saying just because the lights are on it doesn’t mean the bills are getting paid. 💩. 6 months later they are still on. Everybody fights for what they earn and the players deserve to very penny they can get.

And yes loyalty is one thing but would you decry David a chance to say he had won two cups to go on his or any of the players cvs? Now that’s just wanting the club to fail and wanting to be bitter.