Dumbarton vs Stirling, Stirling vs Dumbarton

Who goes through?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes through?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/24 at 18:45

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

C49DC840-A8DB-4F41-9925-DDAECD92DD88.thumb.jpeg.3257c5350cec8c826cfa128347a8f747.jpeg

B91A297F-CB6C-4911-9B41-2BC749697A07.thumb.jpeg.7880ec36dee4939bc1e3b4985fd9a47a.jpeg

If that’s not unnaturally bigger, I dunno what is! He literally kicks the ball off his own arm and you can hear the entire home support shout “hand ball” and referee is staring right at it. 

I mean, you’ve just explained why it isn’t unnaturally bigger? He kicks it off his own hand. Maybe that should be a handball, bit that’s an issue with the law rather than the referee. Everyone in the ground saw it hit his hand. 

2 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

I mean, you’ve just explained why it isn’t unnaturally bigger? He kicks it off his own hand. Maybe that should be a handball, bit that’s an issue with the law rather than the referee. Everyone in the ground saw it hit his hand. 

His arm is at a right angle. I’m not entirely sure how it’s physically possible to make yourself any more “unnaturally bigger” than that? Unless he channels his inner stretch armstrong.

Posted (edited)

Awful, awful referee. Stirling were a bunch of hatchet men. Ruth and co kicked all over the park.

Clear handball in the build up to the Stirling goal, but don’t know what the rules are nowadays tbf. Glad Wallace put the penalty away after fatty keeper and co’s antics.

Edited by FifeSons

No matter which league we’re in next season (L2, likely), we need to find more physicality. We’re far too lightweight. Annan bullied us all season and got bullied again tonight. Nothing between the teams in terms of actual quality, but that has been the marginal difference in too many games for us. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Taking a lead is about as good as we can ask. I hate our pitch. Hopefully we show the bottle to see it through on Saturday. 

Pitch is so bad. I think if anything a decent pitch on Saturday will suit us more than them.

Thought Hogarth could’ve done better for the goal.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

No matter which league we’re in next season (L2, likely), we need to find more physicality. We’re far too lightweight. Annan bullied us all season and got bullied again tonight. Nothing between the teams in terms of actual quality, but that has been the marginal difference in too many games for us. 

Lol your big thugs lumped us all over the pitch all night. Like the next evolution of Bonnyrigg. I wouldn’t have said physicality is what you’re missing.

Edited by FifeSons

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

His arm is at a right angle. I’m not entirely sure how it’s physically possible to make yourself any more “unnaturally bigger” than that? Unless he channels his inner stretch armstrong.

This is all a red herring. It's not handball if you accidentally play the ball off your own arm / hand from another part of your body UNLESS that's the scorer. In which case it should be ruled out as even accidental handball isn't allowed by the scorer of a goal.

The question here (and I haven't seen it other than that still above) is whether it was deliberate or accidental. If it's accidental it's not handball.

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

Lol your big thugs lumped us all over the pitch all night. Like the next evolution of Bonnyrigg. I wouldn’t have said physicality is what you’re missing.

Ehhhh ok. Not sure how our two 5ft strikers against your man maintain centre backs lumped you about the pitch but fair enough. I’d love some players who did some lumping about. Can we have some of yours? 

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Awful, awful referee. Stirling were a bunch of hatchet men. Ruth and co kicked all over the park.

Clear handball on the build up to the Stirling goal, but don’t know what the rules are tbf.

There was some rough tackles and I agree the ref was terrible but this is a do or die play off, I'd expect players giving their all. I thought we stood up well to it, Newbury was great in midfield and I thought Stirling were terrified of Ruth and Orsi. James Graham did very well when he came on, looks a useful impact player at this level. 

I was surprised at how stretched Stirling were in the first half, they got to grips with it a bit after they scored but the first 15 there was huge gaps all over the field, if I'm honest we didn't make enough of it. I thought Stirling were pretty poor, hoofing it long into the channel and feeding off scraps but it paid off for the goal which I don't think our defence or keeper covered themselves in glory at (if we ignore the handball in the build up). Our first goal was excellent, good, quick build up and bodies in the box to finish. Tony Wallace just does not miss from the spot. I felt we needed a lead to go to Forthbank and we've got that, so we've got to be pleased but nothing is over yet. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

There was some rough tackles and I agree the ref was terrible but this is a do or die play off, I'd expect players giving their all. I thought we stood up well to it, Newbury was great in midfield and I thought Stirling were terrified of Ruth and Orsi. James Graham did very well when he came on, looks a useful impact player at this level. 

I was surprised at how stretched Stirling were in the first half, they got to grips with it a bit after they scored but the first 15 there was huge gaps all over the field, if I'm honest we didn't make enough of it. I thought Stirling were pretty poor, hoofing it long into the channel and feeding off scraps but it paid off for the goal which I don't think our defence or keeper covered themselves in glory at (if we ignore the handball in the build up). Our first goal was excellent, good, quick build up and bodies in the box to finish. Tony Wallace just does not miss from the spot. I felt we needed a lead to go to Forthbank and we've got that, so we've got to be pleased but nothing is over yet. 

Agree about Graham. He added an injection of pace and was responsible for the goal.  I don’t know why Farrell waited so long to take Orsi off tbh. If he’s now out for the playoffs that looks silly.

Posted (edited)

Ref was awful but we were worse.

Pretty typical of a lot of away performances thus year.

Hard to find many bright spots.

Our defence looked like they'd never seen a football before and the passing out was shocking.

Couldn't get McPake on the ball. Carrick looks so far off it I can hardly believe it.

We're gonna need a lot better on Saturday or it's league two for sure next season

Edited by WattersIsGod

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Agree about Graham. He added an injection of pace and was responsible for the goal.  I don’t know why Farrell waited so long to take Orsi off tbh. If he’s now out for the playoffs that looks silly.

I think Orsi was just cramp and I don't blame Faz leaving him on as even on one leg he had the better of Clark. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

I think Orsi was just cramp and I don't blame Faz leaving him on as even on one leg he had the better of Clark. 

You could have chopped his good leg off and I still think he could have outpaced him

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This is all a red herring. It's not handball if you accidentally play the ball off your own arm / hand from another part of your body UNLESS that's the scorer. In which case it should be ruled out as even accidental handball isn't allowed by the scorer of a goal.

The question here (and I haven't seen it other than that still above) is whether it was deliberate or accidental. If it's accidental it's not handball.

That specific detail was taken out the laws of the game a couple years ago. It indeed used to state that it wasn’t a handball if you played it onto your own hand, however, it’s now purely down to the position of the arm/hand. Is it natural? You could argue it is natural for what he’s doing, he’s in the air so has arms out for balance. That’ll be the refs get out but you’re right, he’s not given it because he’s played it off his own arm. I’m not giving that tbf!