Dumbarton vs Stirling, Stirling vs Dumbarton

Who goes through?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes through?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/24 at 18:45

2 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Terrible last night but what annoyed me more than anything else is how we just reverted to fouling everything that moved. I've been an Albion fan for over 40 years, and throughout all the highs and the (many) lows, we've never been a dirty team in all that time. Utterly shameful. 

We're still in with a chance but it means somehow scoring more than one goal*, which, Edinburgh aside, has been beyond us for much of the latter part of the season. When I think back to the day we skelped Kelty 5-0 at Forthbank, it's criminal where we've ended up. DY needs to take a long hard look at himself. Far too loyal to the team that won promotion, and not upgrading the back four, who lets be honest were slow enough in L2, has cost us along with the lack of goals. 

*yes, I know we could win 1-0 and it go to penalties, but I don't see us actually scoring any of the penalties. 🤣

I’m glad that at least one Stirling Albion fan has admitted to the consistent fouling and rough play.

The teams will have a good idea of what they are up against now and I’m looking forward to Saturday.

Posted (edited)

From Saturday and last night, we’ve had Peterhead throwing themselves all over the place at every opportunity and Stirling kicking lumps out us. Hopefully the good guys of DFC will prevail over the Rory McAllister school of the dark arts and Bonnyrigg 2.0.

Edited by FifeSons

2 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

It's because we are utter pish. 

Hope this helps. 

The first and third quarters of our season were reasonable - 26 points:  the second a fourth quarters unmitigated disaster - 13 points definitely relegation form coming into the play offs. Note the optimism in having play offs in the plural.

Dumbarton fans on here seem like a decent bunch. When you've had to put up with Scotland's worst fanbase outwith the OF for a season (Falkirk), it's a refreshing change. 

22 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Body wasn’t unnaturally bigger. Wasn’t deliberate. Clearly struck his hand. Referee surely saw it. Had to be a quirk in the laws. But then I would say that. 

Doesn't the current law state that if the ball strikes a player of the attcking side on the hand in the run-up to a goal then it counts as handball?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, rockson said:

Doesn't the current law state that if the ball strikes a player of the attcking side on the hand in the run-up to a goal then it counts as handball?

Sure that was changed during last season to stop players flicking the ball up to intentionally hit a players hand but the rule certainly used to. I remember a Sportsound argument over this and it’s been changed to natural and unnatural positions and something about gaining an advantage 

Edited by BB_Bino

26 minutes ago, rockson said:

I think that only applies if it’s the goalscorer under the current laws.

Personally I wasn’t surprised the ref let it go, nor are two qualified refs in our own support so far as I can tell. As I said, the law is an ass.

5 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Dumbarton fans on here seem like a decent bunch. When you've had to put up with Scotland's worst fanbase outwith the OF for a season (Falkirk), it's a refreshing change. 

Dumbarton fans* are all arseholes.

*Me

Sons fans on here are a decent bunch, even last season in the title race and the pitch postponements, would have been easy for them to have been bitter towards us (especially as our fans started to get pissed off) but they never did and indeed looked inwards to their own club for last seasons disappointment. Gid c***s

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

I know it's probably been mentioned already, but can you pay at the gate?

Or is it ticket only?

you can pay at the gate but its cash only in the East Stand

hopefully we see a better game of football than Tuesday night.

looks like we should have decent conditions. pitch is still looking good and we have a rare half decent weather forecast for Saturday. endured far too many poor games in the wind at Forthbank this season and it will make a pleasant change to be bathed in sunshine.

think i'll probably do the South terrace. might be the last chance for a good while. can't see it opening next year if we go back down. 

30 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

think i'll probably do the South terrace. might be the last chance for a good while. can't see it opening next year if we go back down. 

I've always thought Forthbank to be the ideal lower league modern stadium - that I wish we had built.  The two stands and end terraces are the ideal set up rather than our rather souless single stand.