Celtic v Rangers Saturday 11th May 12:30

Buzzing for this. I'm no Celtic fan, but find them way more palatable than the currants. Rodgers really poking the bear with his comments saying they'll have some fun next weekend. Good to see.

I  can see us struggling with Souttar and Davies at the back, hopefully Ridvan starts.  Upfront we're just too wasteful and don't take our chances. 

2 - 2.

We will struggle here if we have a similar first half to the last meeting and then again today.

Balogun potentially missing this means Davies will be starting his first match in god knows how many months doesn’t fill me with much confidence.

We have a striker that is allergic to shooting so we will need to hope any chances fall to someone else.

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Brendan poking the Baldy Beale and getting a bite like Ferguson/Keegan in 1996 is fucking marvellous entertainment in the build up. 

Yeah Baldemort has allowed Rodgers to get right under his skin. He is visibly riled.

Good to have pretty much a full strength squad back especially the midfield 3 and I expect Maeda to come straight back in as Tavernier is petrified of the guy. 

12 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Dessers to finally work out dem damn pesky Scottish goals. Hat trick incoming. 

Dessers is Sam Lammers in a Scooby Doo type mask thingy!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Will the fact that a draw leaves Celtic in a strong position to win the league affect the way the game plays out? 

I would hope not, I know Rodgers has attempted siow controlling possessive type football this season but the amount of goals we have conceded in the latter stages of matches has been terrible considering under Ange were renowned for late winners. Its been a few times at home against teams that were out of form and relegation candidates too so we basically don't have the mentality to do it.  The **** having to go for it a bit actually  favours us as we have been shite against turgid teams.

Edited by gannonball

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I would hope not, I know Rodgers has attempted siow controlling possessive type football this season but the amount of goals we have conceded in the latter stages of matches has been terrible considering under Ange were renowned for late winners. Its been a few times at home against teams that were out of form and relegation candidates too so we basically don't have the mentality to do it.  The **** having to go for it a bit actually  favours us as we have been shite against turgid teams.

Yeah well hopefully it goes smoothly whatever the approach. Hearts seemed a bit like a dress rehearsal looking back on it. I'm hoping Celtic win by a few tbh and preferably have it wrapped up with bow before half-time. 

I need my fill of sevco seethe lol.

Edited by 2426255

On 05/05/2024 at 10:56, 2426255 said:

Buzzing for this. I'm no Celtic fan, but find them way more palatable than the currants. Rodgers really poking the bear with his comments saying they'll have some fun next weekend. Good to see.

11 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Yeah well hopefully it goes smoothly whatever the approach. Hearts seemed a bit like a dress rehearsal looking back on it. I'm hoping Celtic win by a few tbh and preferably have it wrapped up with bow before half-time. 

I need my fill of sevco seethe lol.

You know, it’s perfectly fine to say you’d like Celtic to win as you have a soft spot for them. I’m sure you’ve even said on here before that you supported them before?

The whole “I’m not a Celtic fan, sevco” act just seems like you’re trying to avoid being judged.

Yep above......politically and nationally, I'm so far away from the "vocal" element of the rangers support it's a given i'm not gonna be favourable to them.

30 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

Everyone who isn’t a brainwashed royalist/unionist hates Rangers mate.

They’re entirely fucking hateable. 

I’d expect nothing less, in fairness. That’s slightly different from the point I made, though.

I may be mistaken , but numbers guy has said in the past they were a Celtic fan. Now, it just seems they don’t want to admit it for some reason, which I speculated was fear of judgement.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AJF said:

You know, it’s perfectly fine to say you’d like Celtic to win as you have a soft spot for them. I’m sure you’ve even said on here before that you supported them before?

The whole “I’m not a Celtic fan, sevco” act just seems like you’re trying to avoid being judged.

During Covid i followed Celtic because they had the most Scotland players in their team. I still listen to one of their podcasts with the Celtic by Numbers guy and Juco James.

The following year i followed Norwich City for the same reason. The year Gilmour was there on loan.

Edited by 2426255