Heart of Midlothian - 2024/25 European Tour

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

They didn't look good tonight but they did qualify via their league finish last season ... how did the Hibs do ...?

The fact UEFA are a clownshoes organisation who don't know how to organise their competitions means that they've spawned their way into the European equivalent of the Ramsden's Cup, you'll forgive me for not losing much sleep over it.

13 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Aye, a baffling comment.

A loss over two legs to Plzen isn’t the worst result in isolation even if they’ve clearly regressed from a few years back, but I’ve got no idea when or where this good recruitment is supposed to have happened.

12 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

The fact UEFA are a clownshoes organisation who don't know how to organise their competitions means that they've spawned their way into the European equivalent of the Ramsden's Cup, you'll forgive me for not losing much sleep over it.

:lol: Nobody is buying that one.

Pretty,  pretty shite.  No having Shankland certainly wasn't helpful but given how few chances we're making at the moment I don't think it would have mattered much if he'd been fit.

Plzen are generally defensively pretty sturdy but they didn't have to do much difficult stuff tonight. 

Sunday should be a laugh

Edited by Insert Amusing Pseudonym

Just back from the game and disappointed to say the least.

I wouldn’t mind if we’d gone down fighting, but that was shite .

Naismith must shoulder most of the blame for this for yet another tactical f**k up.

We signed 2 number 10’s in Spittal and Dhanda, both of whom had great seasons with their respective clubs, but had both on the bench and played Boyce instead , who’s an absolute diddy.

We had Taylor at right wing back who doesn’t look comfortable, but looked brilliant against Rangers at right back first game this season.

Too many players played out of position and the wrong starting line up .

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I'm sure that Hearts fans on here before the season were saying that all their signings were going to make them a much better team. Maybe they will, but up to now they look shite.

The recruitment didn't make us much better, but it does give us more options on top of a squad that finished comfortably third last season.

The game against Rangers on the opening day was a pretty good blueprint for how we might approach a game like tonight's. 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 with creative wide players and overlapping full-backs. For whatever reason Naismith completely abandoned that approach since and instead opted for an ultra-cautious 5-3-2 with no creativity in midfield and a finished Boyce up front. Even the more excitable fans saw this performance coming a mile off.

One area where the recruitment has clearly failed is up front. It is mental that Boyce is still the alternative when Shankland is unavailable.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

The recruitment didn't make us much better, but it does give us more options on top of a squad that finished comfortably third last season.

The game against Rangers on the opening day was a pretty good blueprint for how we might approach a game like tonight's. 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 with creative wide players and overlapping full-backs. For whatever reason Naismith completely abandoned that approach since and instead opted for an ultra-cautious 5-3-2 with no creativity in midfield and a finished Boyce up front. Even the more excitable fans saw this performance coming a mile off.

One area where the recruitment has clearly failed is up front. It is mental that Boyce is still the alternative when Shankland is unavailable.

Yep bang on.   The lack of attacking threat with Shankland off the boil/unavailable is by far the biggest issue atm.   

That and the 3 at the back.  Not the recruitment in other areas

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Ah, so you didn’t qualify?

This looks like a good laugh at least. We'll draw one home and one away team from each pair of pots (1&2, 3&4, 5&6)

Could get LASK, APOEL, HJK, TNS, TSC and Larne.

Could get Chelsea, Istanbul Basaksehir, Vitoria, Cercle Brugge, Panathinaikos and Dinamo Minsk.

RFS are no longer a possibility because they won their Europa League play-off.

Edited by DC92