Killie in Europe 2024/25

16 hours ago, itzdrk said:

20240714_202918.jpg

the-crying-haaton-hes-literally-this-gif 

I can only assume this was you when we equalised m7

A great day overall in the town - plenty of people mingling and having a good time before a competitive game where I thought we put in a great performance to give ourselves a fighting chance over in Bruges. The kind of day that makes all the shitey results worth it. Watkins was a big miss as he really makes our normal style of play tick, and if he's even available to bring off the bench on Thursday night that's a big positive for us.

Onwards to Bruges. 

I watched the game last night. Killie use the wings well and get balls in the box. Do they ever score goals that aren’t headers? They are all about crosses and headers, either from open play or from corner kicks.

The Belgian lot will likely win the tie as they look a bit more dangerous up front. Last night they were good on the break.

The football wasn’t the greatest, but at least Killie didn’t lose. I still think they’ll be up against it after not winning the home leg, but you never know.

9 hours ago, Fide said:

What an odd take. 

Aye, if it were me, I'd have just changed the channel if I were bored but hey, each to their own I suppose.

9 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I watched the game last night. Killie use the wings well and get balls in the box. Do they ever score goals that aren’t headers? They are all about crosses and headers, either from open play or from corner kicks.

The Belgian lot will likely win the tie as they look a bit more dangerous up front. Last night they were good on the break.

The football wasn’t the greatest, but at least Killie didn’t lose. I still think they’ll be up against it after not winning the home leg, but you never know.

We do get a tonne of crosses in but Not as many headers as you’d think. 
Vassell and watkins eg had 2/3 each last season from a combined 24 goals.

against the bigger teams we do lump it long to the strikers and play off second balls but we play a bit against sides round about us. 

On 25/07/2024 at 21:39, MazzyStar said:

That’s Moffat 

Aye, just up the Selkirk road. Ideal for spotting eagles eating bits of dead motorcyclist.

On 25/07/2024 at 21:54, MazzyStar said:

I think you’d fit in well in Moffat. It’s very middle class.  

I'm currently watching cricket, and was at the rugby earlier. You'd never think I grew up in Ayrshire!

As they say in the exciting world of cricket commentary, any result remains possible. I do expect, on balance, a defeat, but we have a chance. An early goal, McCrorie making his next howler non-terminal (I think he's ok but will supply the terminal variety fairly regularly), and perhaps a better performance from one or both wingers would be helpful. Perhaps controversially, I don't rate Wright much and suspect that Denkey won't be so quiet at home

On 27/07/2024 at 19:32, Bad Wolf said:

I'm currently watching cricket, and was at the rugby earlier. You'd never think I grew up in Ayrshire!

I'm so disappointed in you. 

Leaving for this 5.30 Wednesday morning. 

Win or lose its going to be some experience for all that make the trip.  

Tie is very winnable but we will have to be at our best. Hopefully Watkins is fit to start as 2 up top against that defence will cause problems, Vassel on his own caused them problems. 

Not much chat here. Everyone must be in Bruges. Will be keeping an eye out for the score tonight. Might listen to it. Big fan of McInnes since his St Johnstone days.

On 26/07/2024 at 23:01, PrestersKTID said:

against the bigger teams we do lump it long to the strikers and play off second balls but we play a bit against sides round about us. 

That description's not a million miles off Clarke's Scotland team.

26 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Not much chat here. Everyone must be in Bruges. Will be keeping an eye out for the score tonight. Might listen to it. Big fan of McInnes since his St Johnstone days.

That description's not a million miles off Clarke's Scotland team.

To be honest there are a lot of similarities in style of play. Main difference (when at killie) is Clarke played 4-3-3 with fullbacks in taylor and O'donnell whereas Mcinnes normally plays 3/4 centre halves in a 3-5-2. If he plays 4 at back its 4 centre halves.

Both use/used wingers.

Clarke at Scotland had to drop that style to fit Robertson/Tierney in same system. Never played 3/5 at the back to my memory at Killie.