Livingston vs St Johnstone - 11/05/2024

Thinking of heading through for this for another riveting instalment of the Craig Levein story.

Couple of questions for Livi fans or anyone else familiar with the area.

Is there any legitimate parking available in the area in the blue circle, would be both near the ground and allow a quick getaway to the M8 afterwards.

If I take the train/bus are there any pubs nearby equipped with a beer garden/outdoor seating area,  given the forecast tomorrow is very much beer garden weather. 

Screenshot_20240510_153238_Maps.jpg

59 minutes ago, Thomas_sjfc said:

Thinking of heading through for this for another riveting instalment of the Craig Levein story.

Is there any legitimate parking available in the area in the blue circle, would be both near the ground and allow a quick getaway to the M8 afterwards.

If I take the train/bus are there any pubs nearby equipped with a beer garden/outdoor seating area,  given the forecast tomorrow is very much beer garden weather. 

The wee paved area directly under the B7015 on the left side of your picture is a high school, many folk park there and head across the bridge....not inside your blue circle but its a good option

1 hour ago, Thomas_sjfc said:

Park behind Marinis, Papa John’s, Pizza Express etc. Walk through the swimming pool car park and down the stairs and you’ll be at the away end. 

Leave me a space though. 

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Park behind Marinis, Papa John’s, Pizza Express etc. Walk through the swimming pool car park and down the stairs and you’ll be at the away end. 

Leave me a space though. 

Swimming pool has been shut down so car park in there is open as well

2 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Strong recommendation for St Johnstone fans to bring a hat or sunglasses today as you will be sitting in direct sunlight 

Strong recommendation for fellow St Johnstone fans to not bother with a hat or sunglasses today and thus you won’t be able to see what’s happening in front of you. Consider gauging your eyes out just to be sure.

My prediction.

Mitov

Wright - McGowan - Gordon - Considine - Carey

MacPherson - Keltjens - M. Smith

May - Clark

39 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Some mad shit like

Mitov 

Wright Gordon McGowan Keltjens 

Carey MacPherson Phillips

Sidibeh Clark May

If it isn’t this it’s very near it

Posted (edited)

Something about this is taking me back to the shite system we used at the start of the season,  shuddering at the thought of a back 3 of Kelly, Devlin, and Nottingham

Would assume its more of a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2: George; Montano, Kelly, Devlin, Nottingham; Brandon, Pittman; Nouble, Kelly, Yengi; Anderson

20240511_135151.jpg

Edited by LiviLion

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Some mad shit like

Mitov 

Wright Gordon McGowan Keltjens 

Carey MacPherson Phillips

Sidibeh Clark May

Exactly it. Let's see...

Desperately want MacPherson to prove me wrong, so 1-0, Cammy to score...

think we're going with a back 4 and Carey at left back.

think it's...

Mitov

Keltjens - McGowan - Gordon - Carey

Phillips - MacPherson

Wright - Clark - May

Sidibeh

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

think we're going with a back 4 and Carey at left back.

think it's...

Mitov

Keltjens - McGowan - Gordon - Carey

Phillips - MacPherson

Wright - Clark - May

Sidibeh

Aye, think it's that, would imagine he's went with that rather than Keltjens at LB and Wright at RB.

Not really sure why I jumped to that shape over a more traditional one tbh. Maybe just become accustomed to seeing square pegs in round holes so expected it. 

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m not a St Johnstone fan, and I am quite sure saying this will backfire terribly, but Graham Carey at left back is a quite terrible idea.  

He's played LWB a bit for us, and played LB against Aberdeen when we started chasing the game.

He might be on the right wing, with Wright RB and Keltjens LB, or at LWB in a back 5.

It's kind of mental that we're 35+ games into the season and it's still not clear how we're going to line up.