SFA Club Licencing for 2024/25

Prorege on the NonLeagueMatters site says that clubs will again be allowed to apply for a licence from 1st July but the fee will be increased per club and any club wanting to be licenced for the end of season would need to be approved i.e. have everything in place by 31st March 2025.

Anyone know of any clubs (not just EoS) likely to be applying this time round?

48 minutes ago, Dev said:

Anyone know of any clubs (not just EoS) likely to be applying this time round?

Given floodlights are needed, that basically narrows it down to the following unlicensed clubs with usable lights: Inverkeithing, HWU/Edinburgh College, Leith, Armadale, Bo'ness Athletic, Tweedmouth - and only the latter two seem to have club policies on their websites.

Posted (edited)

This league and its clubs having already attained for themselves a position of remarkable strength, the March cut off is largely irrelevant.

Take this season... the Premier Division's top 11 are all licensed and 3 of the remaining 5 are going down, and to be replaced by 2 or 3 licensed clubs... should Whitburn falter, the only unlicensed clubs will be 2 of Luncarty/Glenrothes/Inverkeithing, all having battled relegation to the very twilight of the season. Indeed it is now 8 years since the EOS League failed to provide a licensed champion - we have seen no Buckies and Beiths in these parts. So short of Whitburn managing to hold on before going through the Premier like a dose of salts it seems unlikely next season's contenders won't already be licensed. Indeed with the like of Camelon, Newtongrange, Preston, Whitehill and Blackburn also looking to bounce back - the Premier may quite soon become near enough a de facto licensed division.

Of course the other competitive benefit is Scottish Cup entry. By my reckoning almost half the league will be involved next season, even as it stands: 25 licensed clubs and Bo'ness Athletic who have become the latest EOSL side to qualify via the Alex Jack Cup and Cup-Winners' Shield.

Inverkeithing and Heriot-Watt will be some way short for ground criteria currently. I'd like to think some others are getting closer... we know Bo'ness Athletic, Leith and Tweedmouth have fully compliant grounds already... but of course there is plenty else in terms of personnel qualifications and policies. Armadale have been making a lot of improvements, and big works are planned at places like Crossgates and Kirkcaldy & Dysart.

I think the weight of new licensees is likely to come from the West going forward - afterall they only have 16 right now.

Edited by HibeeJibee

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

This league and its clubs having already attained for themselves a position of remarkable strength, the March cut off is largely irrelevant.

Take this season... the Premier Division's top 11 are all licensed and 3 of the remaining 5 are going down, and to be replaced by 2 or 3 licensed clubs... should Whitburn falter, the only unlicensed clubs will be 2 of Luncarty/Glenrothes/Inverkeithing, all having battled relegation to the very twilight of the season. Indeed it is now 8 years since the EOS League failed to provide a licensed champion - we have seen no Buckies and Beiths in these parts. So short of Whitburn managing to hold on before going through the Premier like a dose of salts it seems unlikely next season's contenders won't already be licensed. Indeed with the like of Camelon, Newtongrange, Preston, Whitehill and Blackburn also looking to bounce back - the Premier may quite soon become near enough a de facto licensed division.

Of course the other competitive benefit is Scottish Cup entry. By my reckoning almost half the league will be involved next season, even as it stands: 25 licensed clubs and Bo'ness Athletic who have become the latest EOSL side to qualify via the Alex Jack Cup and Cup-Winners' Shield.

Inverkeithing and Heriot-Watt will be some way short for ground criteria currently. I'd like to think some others are getting closer... we know Bo'ness Athletic, Leith and Tweedmouth have fully compliant grounds already... but of course there is plenty else in terms of personnel qualifications and policies. Armadale have been making a lot of improvements, and big works are planned at places like Crossgates and Kirkcaldy & Dysart.

I think the weight of new licensees is likely to come from the West going forward - afterall they only have 16 right now.

Hoping our committee are going to go for license as need it to progress 

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tweedmouth have fully compliant grounds already

Are Tweedmouth playing at big Shielfield now?

I know there was damage to old Shielfield but thought they were getting on well there

On 11/05/2024 at 02:13, Spyro said:

Are Tweedmouth playing at big Shielfield now?

I know there was damage to old Shielfield but thought they were getting on well there

One of the issues with Old Shiefield was being unable to install floodlights iirc.

If I remember HWU/Edinburgh College can't get licence as the walkway from changing rooms to the pitch isn't covered.

Happy to be proved wrong though

12 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

If I remember HWU/Edinburgh College can't get licence as the walkway from changing rooms to the pitch isn't covered.

Happy to be proved wrong though

The changing rooms are the other side of the road/carpark. Also, despite having 2 decent stands, there are no facilities at all inside the fence.

22 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The changing rooms are the other side of the road/carpark. Also, despite having 2 decent stands, there are no facilities at all inside the fence.

Correct, so they won't be going for a licence.

Posted (edited)
On 21/05/2024 at 16:20, Burnieman said:

There are actually 3 stands with a total of just under 200 seats. You must have missed last season's ground improvement 😉 with a couple of portaloos now in situ at the far end of the stands. 

Edited by Footballfirst

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

There are actually 3 stands with a total of just under 200 seats. You must have missed last season's ground improvement 😉 with a couple of portaloos now in situ at the far end of the stands. 

Pure luxury.......how often are they emptied 🤦‍♂️