Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

2nd round of the playoffs and Partick Thistle look to get a win against Raith Rovers.

A hard couple of games vs Airdrie and now the Maryjill Maguars face a team we have failed to beat this season.

Been a great season for Rovers by their recent poor standards and they will be seen as favourites.

Thistle are actually on a decent run of form and can't be discounted in this despite H2H results.

A win going into the second leg will be seen as a near necessity for progression for the Jags.

Not out of the question by any means.

TL;DR. Thistle 2 Rovers 0

Well this is an interesting one. Partick started slow in the last two playoff games, but grew into the game and even looked the far sharper side. Raith have been pretty quick starters in the games I’ve seen them play, and have played some of the best football I’ve seen this season. They are very capable of hurting a slow starting team, and on their game they can hold onto a lead if they don’t switch off like what happened against Arbroath. 
If this game is anything close to the last two playoffs it’ll be fantastic. 
Purely for selfish reasons I wish Raith the very worst of luck in these playoffs. I want the big game atmosphere that they bring when playing us. Even though they whitewashed us this season, the atmosphere at the games was fantastic, and I selfishly want more of the same this coming season 

6 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The ABV is strong with this one.

Careful, you don't want to question the motivations/actions of the arch thread spammer or he'll hit you with a ruthless tagging to teach you a real lesson 😂😂

I always fancied our chances more against Raith rather than against Airdrie....so you know how this might go .

Really hoping for a bit more from the likes of Fitpatrick and McInroy,both players capable of turing it on and gamechanging when in the mood .If we are to do win this tie we need to win and win well at Firhill as these plastic affairs genuinely give me the fear .

Thistle couldn’t beat us this season so law of averages and my pessimism says we’ll lose at least one of the games. Nah, f**k that, Thistle looked leggy last night towards the end of the game. Fresh and ready Rovers to run rings round them. 3-1 first leg, 1-0 second. Bring on St Johnstone…

Well probably the preferred fixture for us given our total inability to beat Airdrie this season in 5 matches. We’ll be hoping these two hard fought games have taken their toll on the Jags players legs for the next round. We’ve edged Partick this season so far but every game has been close and we know they’re a decent team on their day with a dangerous player up top. Hopefully our lads turn up all guns blazing for these fixtures in front of a decent crowd. 

Posted (edited)

Brian Graham is clearly Thistle’s best threat but he only scored once against us during the season and even that was only a penalty. If we can stop him it should make things a bit easier.

Edited by mrpaddyx

12 hours ago, pub car king said:

Here we fucking go potential for an absolute banger of a tie 

Bizarrely I think this might be quite cagey, particularly the first leg.

Just now, cb_diamond said:

Bizarrely I think this might be quite cagey, particularly the first leg.

If it’s anything like our two play-off semi finals under Murray, then a cagey first leg followed by a ridiculously dramatic second leg is on the cards.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mr November said:

If it’s anything like our two play-off semi finals under Murray, then a cagey first leg followed by a ridiculously dramatic second leg is on the cards.

Murrayball incoming at 60 minutes of leg 2 situ

Edited by cb_diamond