🔴🔵 The Caley v Hamilton ⛔⛔

2 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Sorry to say that not every club announces the attendances in the way that ICT and Pars do. 

Most others announce the "through the gate" crowd, not the "tickets sold" figure.

It is what it is, just pointing it out. Anyways. We're not falkirk fans so best we all avoid crowd wanking before they are drawn here like moths to a flame.

Supercaleyman’s contribution to the Morton game thread last week confirmed he’s not the brightest, so I wouldn’t say that him making a statement with a degree of certainty means an awful lot.

Him countering you doesn’t burst your bubble, it merely reaffirms the original point.

3 minutes ago, Toby said:

Supercaleyman’s contribution to the Morton game thread last week confirmed he’s not the brightest, so I wouldn’t say that him making a statement with a degree of certainty means an awful lot.

Him countering you doesn’t burst your bubble, it merely reaffirms the original point.

Othering fellow posters is a look that is far from the one that l imagine you are aiming for but keep on in the same vein and at least there will be some fun. This most serious topic of the totality of numbers +/- a few dozen is just about as important as it gets. 

23 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Hate to burst your bubble but every club does it. If you buy a ticket or you're gifted a ticket & you don't turn up the club will put you into the attendance anyway. Dross County do exactly the same. There was a few "reserved seats" when I was last in Dingwall. 

County have done this for as long as I can remember. Even going back to about 2004 or whatever I can remember going up to Dingwall and the attendance given was a complete fallacy.

Most teams at this level don't do it, though. Pretty sure Ayr's reported attendances are genuine.

8 minutes ago, sophia said:

Othering fellow posters is a look that is far from the one that l imagine you are aiming for but keep on in the same vein and at least there will be some fun. This most serious topic of the totality of numbers +/- a few dozen is just about as important as it gets. 

Silly me mistaking you for Supercaleyman. I’m not however, looking for any look. Make foolish points and you’ll get ridiculed- see Kenny Miller yesterday.

This may be a serious topic to you, but I’ve got my feet up and am looking forward to seeing the fall out from this tie for either club.

Though my best wishes of course go to our friends from Hamilton.

13 minutes ago, AUcal said:

It is what it is, just pointing it out. Anyways. We're not falkirk fans so best we all avoid crowd wanking before they are drawn here like moths to a flame.

Exactly in all seriousness fair play to anyone who supports a team outside the old firm 👏 I'll always respect it. Even County fans. 

Our home attendances are shocking & I'll be the 1st to admit it we hardly fill the away stands either. But only fans of certain teams can proper take the piss cause like you said we're not Falkirk fans & we don't want to be like Falkirk fans. Unless your club is legit packing out your stadium & the away stands every week without fail then I don't think people can point & ridicule other teams attendances. That was pretty much my point. 

We barely manage 2k most weeks the average attendances have gradually gone down over the seasons. I don't think the club is trying to make out we're packing the stands out so i don't see why people feel the need to make out like we're conning people into thinking we're a well supported club. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Toby said:

That was just a bit of banter 🤣 not to to be taken seriously in anyway 👍except Inverness is still nicer then Greenock sorry....

37 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

County have done this for as long as I can remember. Even going back to about 2004 or whatever I can remember going up to Dingwall and the attendance given was a complete fallacy.

Most teams at this level don't do it, though. Pretty sure Ayr's reported attendances are genuine.

Yes County have done it for years they're liars not to be trusted. OK I was wrong a bit about "all the teams" hold my hands up my point still stand about other teams trying to take the piss when they barely muster over 2k. 

That goes for Greenock too 👍

Edited by Supercaleyman94

25 minutes ago, Toby said:

Silly me mistaking you for Supercaleyman. I’m not however, looking for any look. Make foolish points and you’ll get ridiculed- see Kenny Miller yesterday.

This may be a serious topic to you, but I’ve got my feet up and am looking forward to seeing the fall out from this tie for either club.

Though my best wishes of course go to our friends from Hamilton.

Morton fans are a bit too serious I think I'd be a bit grumpy too if i supported Morton. Maybe in 20-30 years times ICT fans will be the same... 

Crowds chat based on Wikipedia and figures issued by Scot Gardiner for our club - FFS. Fact is our support is crap and been getting progressively worse past few years.

If those figures are correct though I'd suggest it's not just caley fans who need to worry about the future of their club and the finances

42 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Exactly in all seriousness fair play to anyone who supports a team outside the old firm 👏 I'll always respect it. Even County fans. 

This is what football should be - supporting your local team, not one of the Bigot Brothers. Loathe them both.

Rooting for Caley to stay up (even if I have to admit your current predicament is fuelling much County fan amusement). Reckon you’ll scrape it in the end. 

39 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Crowds chat based on Wikipedia and figures issued by Scot Gardiner for our club - FFS. Fact is our support is crap and been getting progressively worse past few years.

If those figures are correct though I'd suggest it's not just caley fans who need to worry about the future of their club and the finances

We peaked in and around 2015 and attendances have been in decline since, probably half of what it was back then.

In our early days at Telford street depending who we were playing we would swing from hundreds to a couple of thousand at most. 

On 11/05/2024 at 17:46, jasperellon said:

Can only score once, over two legs, against Montrose and now play The Accies who are used to winning and scoring a few.

Ah, but didn't you know Inverness had the second best defensive record in the Championship this season? I'm sure I read it somewhere.

40 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Ah, but didn't you know Inverness had the second best defensive record in the Championship this season? I'm sure I read it somewhere.

and dont you forget it

4 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Yeah they look a real threat tbf if it wasn't for invincible Falkirk they would've won league 1 comfortably. They'll be much more tougher then Montrose. 

Seen that they finished their final league game against Kelty Hearts with 11 academy players which is impressive something ICT need to look at instead our chairman wants to scrap our youth academy 

Some of these Academy players should be in the team now but Rankrotten continues to play his failing favourites.

We made hard work of that yesterday due to bad Subs-bar Rose,poor Game Management and not changing tactics against 10 men.

Finally,any likelihood of a Cash Gate on the day as I can foresee plenty of our fans bladdered with no phone battery as some of the buses are leaving back of 11am.

Just now, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Some of these Academy players should be in the team now but Rankrotten continues to play his failing favourites.

We made hard work of that yesterday due to bad Subs-bar Rose,poor Game Management and not changing tactics against 10 men.

Finally,any likelihood of a Cash Gate on the day as I can foresee plenty of our fans bladdered with no phone battery as some of the buses are leaving back of 11am.

No cash gate, tickets can be bought at the ticket office in the main stand right up to kick off but you’d then have to go a queue again to get into the ground.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but regardless of the outcome of this tie are we now guaranteed a league next season where every single one of the ten teams will be full-time for the first time in well over a decade?

16 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but regardless of the outcome of this tie are we now guaranteed a league next season where every single one of the ten teams will be full-time for the first time in well over a decade?

Believe the last time was 2011/12.