CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Bellies and the rest, however the other guy pretending that Clydebank are putting the community first by having an artificial pitch is a pile of supercilious and dishonest bollocks.

Who is pretending anything. The simple consequence of West Dunbartonshire council doing the upgrade to Holm park is the community now have a highly used asset used by hundreds of people both as participants and spectators. It's not just Yoker and Clydebank games that people go to watch.

One might assume similar things happening at Cumnock, Gartcairn, Benburb and the Donald Dewar.

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

Why do fake grass weirdos persist with the bizarre Trumpian lie that you can't have absolutely excellent grass pitches at this level? 

Come on man you know I'm on the windup.

I believe there is a place and a need for both. I'm definitely not one of those weirdos that refuse to watch a game played on the fake grass.

Threave, Dalbeattie, Lochar all have excellent grass pitches.

And I take issue with being called a fake grass weirdo, just weirdo will suffice 

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Indeed-but I would imagine with the various Council owned facilities involved Clydebank and others don’t get to trouser that income. The only way that would happen is if you are the owners.

Yeah agreed, well depends who is in control.
Obviously at places like Huntershill, the new Kirkintilloch park, Petershill, the council operate the bookings so yeah the council are brining it in.  I think the same is at Gartcairn, although unsure.  Benburb own and operate their own park so they make all money.  Would be good to know about the whole listings of other teams in the WOSFL, whose grass and whose not and who owns/controls the facilities and who doesn't

My cuz plays pro football in Australia. The climate? If it is, has burned most grass to black ash. A nation who hate a carpet are embracing and becoming up the world. We need to evolve with artificial surfaces. It will get better. Let the sport scientists geeks get it right ➡️ eventually.

Scotland is different. Wet, wet, wet.  It’s a quagmire.

33 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yeah agreed, well depends who is in control.
Obviously at places like Huntershill, the new Kirkintilloch park, Petershill, the council operate the bookings so yeah the council are brining it in.  I think the same is at Gartcairn, although unsure.  Benburb own and operate their own park so they make all money.  Would be good to know about the whole listings of other teams in the WOSFL, whose grass and whose not and who owns/controls the facilities and who doesn't

Just to correct you KRRFC Charity wing control the bookings and facility under certain criteria given to them the main one KRR dedicating 100 hours a year minimum for non Rob Roy related use.  For community groups And schools. 

It's not the same as Petershill or Huntershill. 

Edited by Parkranger

39 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

Just to correct you KRRFC Charity wing control the bookings and facility under certain criteria given to them the main one KRR dedicating 100 hours a year minimum for non Rob Roy related use.  For community groups And schools. 

It's not the same as Petershill or Huntershill. 

It's actually interesting
I think there is a lot that has to be checked out with many.  Regarding Petershill park, I think it was moved on by the council, (allegedly council were having money problems) to a Partick Thistle trust, (not sure exactly of the name) to control it and the five a sides but unsure if true and how it operates.  How does Clydebank and Yoker work Holm park out and is the council involved.

Which teams have Astro pitches they they own solely ?
Which teams have Grass pitches they they own solely ?

All joking and prodding the beasts with sharp a sharp stick aside.

Are any new builds, Linton Hotspur aside, grass pitches. I honestly can't think of any. Unless it's some sugar daddy putting up the money, would any club be able to get the funding necessary to provide a good quality grass pitch in the 21st Century.

And as far as I'm aware, no council will give planning permission for any new facility that is not going to be seen as a community project that can be used by multiple groups. 

Yes this continued use does impact on the astro pitches, but nowhere near the same effect it has on a grass pitch.

Long may Beechwood, Newlandsfield, Meadow Park and others continue to thrive. But, God forbid, what if any grass pitch gets damaged beyond economical repair, what will be the options open to a club in such a situation?

Would it be easier and more viable to obtain funding for an artificial surface or a completely new grass arena?

I am not in a position to answer truthfully but I know which would be more likely.

Personally I would rather watch football on any surface than not have any football other than that crap professional stuff it costs a weeks wages to go and watch.

2 hours ago, clansman said:

Who is pretending anything. The simple consequence of West Dunbartonshire council doing the upgrade to Holm park is the community now have a highly used asset used by hundreds of people both as participants and spectators. It's not just Yoker and Clydebank games that people go to watch.

One might assume similar things happening at Cumnock, Gartcairn, Benburb and the Donald Dewar.

You! 

It wasn't the spirit of community inclusion that led to Clydebank being forced into a groundshare (on grass) in the first place and it is sheer necessity that has brought you to your current arrangement. You're acting as if it was some grand gesture for the little people in the community to have a 3g pitch. 

As I've bored even myself saying, there's nothing wrong with having 3g but let's not start pretending it's anything other than a compromise and let's definitely not start pretending it's there because of some underlying altruism. 

43 minutes ago, Shanner said:

You! 

It wasn't the spirit of community inclusion that led to Clydebank being forced into a groundshare (on grass) in the first place and it is sheer necessity that has brought you to your current arrangement. You're acting as if it was some grand gesture for the little people in the community to have a 3g pitch. 

As I've bored even myself saying, there's nothing wrong with having 3g but let's not start pretending it's anything other than a compromise and let's definitely not start pretending it's there because of some underlying altruism. 

Its not ‘little people’ well, ok, it is, its the hundreds of kids from the youth teams training on it. Thats the goal, have hundreds of kids playing in Clydebank kits every single week. Its not altruism, although there are elements of it in much of the community work, its getting people in an area with poor facilities into the game and keeping them involved. Aye its a bit of a cluster how we ended up there but its where we are now and its been brilliant for us. 

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

All joking and prodding the beasts with sharp a sharp stick aside.

Are any new builds, Linton Hotspur aside, grass pitches. I honestly can't think of any. Unless it's some sugar daddy putting up the money, would any club be able to get the funding necessary to provide a good quality grass pitch in the 21st Century.

And as far as I'm aware, no council will give planning permission for any new facility that is not going to be seen as a community project that can be used by multiple groups. 

Yes this continued use does impact on the astro pitches, but nowhere near the same effect it has on a grass pitch.

Long may Beechwood, Newlandsfield, Meadow Park and others continue to thrive. But, God forbid, what if any grass pitch gets damaged beyond economical repair, what will be the options open to a club in such a situation?

Would it be easier and more viable to obtain funding for an artificial surface or a completely new grass arena?

I am not in a position to answer truthfully but I know which would be more likely.

Personally I would rather watch football on any surface than not have any football other than that crap professional stuff it costs a weeks wages to go and watch.

Here we're at the point where we're asking what will happen if the grass gets damaged. Oh dear!

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

You! 

It was an approximately £1 m grand gesture by WDC which they did not need to make. That's pretty altruistic. 

It's wasn't for little people specifically but if there was a league for people suffering from dwarfism they would be welcome to make a booking.

2 hours ago, clansman said:

It was an approximately £1 m grand gesture by WDC which they did not need to make. That's pretty altruistic. 

It's wasn't for little people specifically but if there was a league for people suffering from dwarfism they would be welcome to make a booking.

Wish we could get a tenner out of the City Council!All they did was cost us a large amount of  money with the farcical capacity restriction.

10 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Here we're at the point where we're asking what will happen if the grass gets damaged. Oh dear!

I believe its called planning for worst case scenario.

I'm pretty sure Talbot have this planning in place. Virtually every close season I come across articles regarding work on here surface; maintaining, repairing, replacing sections. Same as Threave do at Meadow Park. At the other extreme this forum was full of tales of the worsening condition of the pitch at Recreation Park,  down to not having planning in place. That pitch will only get worse if nothing done.

The same goes for artificial pitches, even more so. If they are not looked after they will become unusable and dangerous.

I am not anti or pro grass/artificial, but pro football  preferably on a decent playing surface.

On 05/08/2024 at 18:01, Sir Kenneth of Eadie said:

My cuz plays pro football in Australia. The climate? If it is, has burned most grass to black ash. A nation who hate a carpet are embracing and becoming up the world. We need to evolve with artificial surfaces. It will get better. Let the sport scientists geeks get it right ➡️ eventually.

Scotland is different. Wet, wet, wet.  It’s a quagmire.

The Dutch have banned it, the SPL have banned it, all leagues in England from Northern Premier League up have had it banned for years. Plastic is hardly progressive. 

I visited Beechwood on Saturday for the game against Cumnock, how anyone wouldn't want to play on a surface like that is beyond me. Without knowing the inner workings of Talbot, they don't appear to be a sugar daddy club if they can do it without big financial backers why can't the rest? The pitch at Talbot is the best I've seen in a long time, that is taking in SPL teams as well. 

Cumnock have installed a new carpet which is the same specification as Livingston, we all know how much that surface got slated. 

Playing on astro is no more progressive than bringing back ash pitches. It will always detract from the game. 

Although KRR new ground looks tidy, I think all grounds should have stepped terraced areas, this applies to drumchapel (I don't think this ground is fit for purpose), Gartcairn and Benburbs. One thing I dont mind about Holm Park and Townhead Park is there is raised terracing to watch the match that said the plastic surface ruins the experience for me. 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

The Dutch have banned it, the SPL have banned it, all leagues in England from Northern Premier League up have had it banned for years. Plastic is hardly progressive. 

I visited Beechwood on Saturday for the game against Cumnock, how anyone wouldn't want to play on a surface like that is beyond me. Without knowing the inner workings of Talbot, they don't appear to be a sugar daddy club if they can do it without big financial backers why can't the rest? The pitch at Talbot is the best I've seen in a long time, that is taking in SPL teams as well. 

Cumnock have installed a new carpet which is the same specification as Livingston, we all know how much that surface got slated. 

Playing on astro is no more progressive than bringing back ash pitches. It will always detract from the game. 

Although KRR new ground looks tidy, I think all grounds should have stepped terraced areas, this applies to drumchapel (I don't think this ground is fit for purpose), Gartcairn and Benburbs. One thing I dont mind about Holm Park and Townhead Park is there is raised terracing to watch the match that said the plastic surface ruins the experience for me. 

Nobody cares what you think 😂

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

KRR are just in the door ffs they have the backing and money to improve the place which they will do and have a stadium now fit for the 21st century. 

The pitch stuff in your post is just word salad nonsense 

Just in from Lowland league. Sons going astro

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/dumbarton-fc-community-trust/

"An integral part of the project will be the installation of an artificial playing surface and development of facilities at the Marbill Coaches Stadium* for the benefit of the community. It is intended that this initiative will also help underpin the sustainability and future development of the Club."

35 minutes ago, clansman said:

Just in from Lowland league. Sons going astro

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/dumbarton-fc-community-trust/

"An integral part of the project will be the installation of an artificial playing surface and development of facilities at the Marbill Coaches Stadium* for the benefit of the community. It is intended that this initiative will also help underpin the sustainability and future development of the Club."

For the benefit of the community (apart from the ones that support us and pay money to watch the best possible quality of football). 

52 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

KRR are just in the door ffs they have the backing and money to improve the place which they will do and have a stadium now fit for the 21st century. 

The pitch stuff in your post is just word salad nonsense 

Are you effectively saying that their pitch and general stadium isn't very good but that it might be in the future if they bother to upgrade it?

That's not the compelling argument you seem to think it is!