CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

2 hours ago, southerner said:

Disrespectful to Ashfield and a young professional footballer making his way in the game. All the best trying to win your first trophy in the WOSL.

He was at Ashfield for about 2 minutes!

He’s 20 and he’s already been at Gartcairn,JB and Ashfield.

Good luck with that.

8 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

You worry about getting out of the WOSL.

It is worry dont want stuck here forever lol

4 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Yeah he's 35. This will mibbee be his last move youdve thought. Hopefully he gives us a bit of consistency between the sticks and steadies defence. GK and CM were our 2 key areas to strengthen so that's been done. Hopefully add 1 or 2 others before start of season. 

I reckon he'll be as good as anyone else in the shortish term. A sort of Joe Hart at Celtic situation where he brings a lot in terms of experience and leadership as well as being a good goalie. He's a Talbot hero so I wish him all the best, I didn't even grudge him his trophies at Darvel last season!

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

I reckon he'll be as good as anyone else in the shortish term. A sort of Joe Hart at Celtic situation where he brings a lot in terms of experience and leadership as well as being a good goalie. He's a Talbot hero so I wish him all the best, I didn't even grudge him his trophies at Darvel last season!

Must say im absolutely delighted we’ve got him signed, i feel like its a position we’ve been weak in for a couple of seasons with no real cover, id take a 35 yo Leishman any day, no ones expecting he’ll do ten years at the club, im sure hes got at least a couple seasons at this level in him. A great bit of business to get him signed and will hopefully improve confidence at the back. 

18 hours ago, clansman said:

Shouldn't everyone be doing that

Yes but not every club can afford it. So as it stands I can come out my work on a Saturday at 12 noon and be at any WOSL Premier ground for the kick-off. What a bummer!

5 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

Yes but not every club can afford it. So as it stands I can come out my work on a Saturday at 12 noon and be at any WOSL Premier ground for the kick-off. What a bummer!

How Ayrshire is that 😂

2 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

How Ayrshire is that 😂

I dont really think thats a bad thing the guy’s pointed out what he finds appealing, some of us like the away days etc, others prefer locality. If there was a sensible world things below step 2 would be regionalised anyway, you’d maybe even see bigger crowds. 

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont really think thats a bad thing the guy’s pointed out what he finds appealing, some of us like the away days etc, others prefer locality. If there was a sensible world things below step 2 would be regionalised anyway, you’d maybe even see bigger crowds. 

Spot on. This would be top of my wishlist for fitba reform. 

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

100% this ICR. There's no need for 4 National leagues 

Clydebank goalkeeper Kieran Hughes has, at his own request, been made available for transfer.

Any interested parties should contact match secretary Matt Bamford on 07804 628113 or first team manager Gordon Moffat.

• 2 weeks later...

In the future (OK not soon), with the ground currently at entry level from the club licencing point of view what else needs to be done to improve the ground and reach Bronze standard?

Are any of the other WoS clubs within reach of a Bronze grading for their grounds e.g. maybe Talbot etc?

2 hours ago, Dev said:

In the future (OK not soon), with the ground currently at entry level from the club licencing point of view what else needs to be done to improve the ground and reach Bronze standard?

Are any of the other WoS clubs within reach of a Bronze grading for their grounds e.g. maybe Talbot etc?

Mostly covered seating 

17 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:
  • Up to date Fifa Quality Pro certification for pitch
  • Upgraded floodlights currently at 200 lux
  • Upgraded match officials dressing rooms
  • From 2025 min 100 covered seats
  • Club doctor at all home games

Quite a bit to go and money needed spent. As soon as a club achieve bronze they must have a doctor at all home games. Even if there is a fan that who is a doctor there is the cost of the insurance to cover the doctor at around £500 a week. 

Don’t forget the Rhubard patch for trolls 

23 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

I don't need to troll anyone thank you very much. I was answering a question asked, unsure if any of the above points you believe are untrue (although they are fully factual)

They’re not they’re a load of Rhubarb 

3 hours ago, leaguereformer said:
  • Up to date Fifa Quality Pro certification for pitch
  • Upgraded floodlights currently at 200 lux
  • Upgraded match officials dressing rooms
  • From 2025 min 100 covered seats
  • Club doctor at all home games

Quite a bit to go and money needed spent. As soon as a club achieve bronze they must have a doctor at all home games. Even if there is a fan that who is a doctor there is the cost of the insurance to cover the doctor at around £500 a week. 

image.png.abecf3b57d0d0ded43957d3bacc84b47.png

Think I will go with the opinion of a Clydebank director as opposed to a schizophrenic disgruntled Darvel fan