WOSFL Summer Signings

1 minute ago, maicoman said:

You are right. A very good chance Beith would not have won the league without him with the really important goals he scored . 1 against Clydebank as no doubt you will remember

Free header ffs lol

5 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Do free headers not count ? 😆

Shouldnt happen when you have 6ft 7 centre half but let him off that doesnt happen often😆

On 16/07/2024 at 14:21, Westy1 said:

So the answer is one at the moment really? 

I see Evan Dunne who came through your 20s doing really well for Beith, so you are nurturing talent that can play at and above that level. 

You always have a fairly strong 20s too, I really like seeing young players being given an opportunity, but, I feel the Bankies hold players back at times and sour relationships. When they are not going to get a chance, be honest, move them on somewhere they will play and develop and keep the positive relationship with the player, the honesty helps if you want them back down the line.

Hold players back? Boys from the academy away to play full time football with fleetwood town etc, academy has excellent ratings from sfa/uefa but aye im sure an anonymous person on p&b knows better. There are u18’s u20’s teams folding all over the place but we hold the teams together and getting slammed for apparently ‘holding players back’? 

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hold players back? Boys from the academy away to play full time football with fleetwood town etc, academy has excellent ratings from sfa/uefa but aye im sure an anonymous person on p&b knows better. There are u18’s u20’s teams folding all over the place but we hold the teams together and getting slammed for apparently ‘holding players back’? 

Well, can I ask what you would call giving young players a contract with no intention of giving them a chance? And are you suggesting this doesn’t happen? 

would have saved you the reported 17 odd thousand on Syme if you gave Dunne an opportunity. 

one things for sure, adding Leishman, Cairns and now Syme, there is no hiding place for Moff this year. You guys must be up there.

£18k Clydebank paid to secure Syme. 

giving the vast money spent on players and wages, I think now it will just be JB that out spend them.   

A darvel select team, you’d think they were preparing to bring in McInally if Moffat gets off to a slow start….

can Clydebank keep it together or do they continue to lack bottle when it matters.?

A player signing for £18k who has traditionally struggled on Astro due to previous injuries.  A goalkeeper who is completely injury prone and already shown his vulnerabilities in pre season.  

3 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

A goalkeeper who is completely injury prone and already shown his vulnerabilities in pre season.  

A quick check of Clydebanks twitter has them only conceding 3 goals in pre season, how many of the 3 was he at fault for?

19 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

Well, can I ask what you would call giving young players a contract with no intention of giving them a chance? And are you suggesting this doesn’t happen? 

would have saved you the reported 17 odd thousand on Syme if you gave Dunne an opportunity. 

one things for sure, adding Leishman, Cairns and now Syme, there is no hiding place for Moff this year. You guys must be up there.

Dunne had the opportunity to stay, he decided to go elsewhere. That’s football.

2 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Dunne had the opportunity to stay, he decided to go elsewhere. That’s football.

Wouldn’t you if the opportunity to play wasn't there? 

31 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

£18k Clydebank paid to secure Syme. 

giving the vast money spent on players and wages, I think now it will just be JB that out spend them.   

A darvel select team, you’d think they were preparing to bring in McInally if Moffat gets off to a slow start….

can Clydebank keep it together or do they continue to lack bottle when it matters.?

A player signing for £18k who has traditionally struggled on Astro due to previous injuries.  A goalkeeper who is completely injury prone and already shown his vulnerabilities in pre season.  

Can assure you 1 guy never be offered our job guy is a clown🙄

1 hour ago, Westy1 said:

Dunne has predominantly been playing right back for beith . Acknowledge he can play CH but I wouldn't compare syme and dunne as like for like centre halves .

50 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

If they’re good enough, they’ll play. Like the boys mentioned earlier in the thread

Not good enough - now has more league winners medals than most at bankies 👍

17 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Dunne has predominantly been playing right back for beith . Acknowledge he can play CH but I wouldn't compare syme and dunne as like for like centre halves .

Very fair point. 

2 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

Not good enough - now has more league winners medals than most at bankies 👍

Who?