Tea or Coffee

Tea or coffee  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Amazed at the number of folk having caffeinated drinks in the evening. I have a tea in the morning and then it's water from there on in. Do none of you sleep?

Decaf tea or coffee maybe.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Coffee during the day then tea in the evening. 

Except if I have or recently had a cold or any other kind of respiratory issue. Without fail, coffee tastes horrible when my senses are shot to hell. 

Same happens to me.  Coffee tasting funny is one of the the first signs I’m going down with a cold or flu.  

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Amazed at the number of folk having caffeinated drinks in the evening. I have a tea in the morning and then it's water from there on in. Do none of you sleep?

How do you stay awake?

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If you drink enough it genuinely doesn't have the same level of effect. When I worked in a cafe mainlining espresso (and eroding any profits they made) I could have an double espresso at night right before bed and still sleep soundly. Can't anymore.

12 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Only when you post, mate.

• 2 weeks later...

About an hour and a half from where I live, there is a place that grows coffee beans. They make the best coffee I've ever tasted. Was only there last week and bought a 1 kg bag. I've nearly finished the bag. 

On 17/05/2024 at 07:50, The Moonster said:

Having ADHD has its fun side! 😉

19 hours ago, scotfree said:

About an hour and a half from where I live, there is a place that grows coffee beans. They make the best coffee I've ever tasted. Was only there last week and bought a 1 kg bag. I've nearly finished the bag. 

Have you actually slept at any point in the last week?

1 hour ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Ginger tea is actually not bad.

Although it gave me the shichts once 💩 🚽 

Is that ginger flavoured tea or a ginger infusion? Hard to see how that could give you the shits eitger way. Suspect poor personal hygiene. Wash your hands after going for a jobby would be my advice. 

I love a spicy infusion but would never be so vulgar as to refer to one as a "tea". Currently have two types of turmeric, Lemon & ginger and Nettle & fennel as options. 

I don't mind a fragranced tea myself but i don't think the purists would approve. Only have Earl grey and Jasmine green on that front. 

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Is that ginger flavoured tea or a ginger infusion? Hard to see how that could give you the shits eitger way. Suspect poor personal hygiene. Wash your hands after going for a jobby would be my advice. 

I love a spicy infusion but would never be so vulgar as to refer to one as a "tea". Currently have two types of turmeric, Lemon & ginger and Nettle & fennel as options. 

I don't mind a fragranced tea myself but i don't think the purists would approve. Only have Earl grey and Jasmine green on that front. 

You sound like a bit of a tea connoisseur?

3 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

You sound like a bit of a tea connoisseur?

Definitely not. Couldn't tell an assam from a lapsang souchon and have no idea of the optimum brewing time for all the different colours. Plus i quite like tetley. 

I do like a variety of flavours in my life though. And since i stopped drinking i'll have a lemon and ginger after dinner instead of a large leffe blonde and a quadruple talisker. Mmmm..... Alcohol....