Stirling Albion's Next Permanent Manager

Very surprised at today's news. While there were questions to answer over the way this season finished, do we really have any faith that the board will be able to find someone better for the job than DY? 

DY also deserved a better send-off than that statement the club put out. Really poor stuff that perhaps highlights some issues behind the scenes. 

3 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Very surprised at today's news. While there were questions to answer over the way this season finished, do we really have any faith that the board will be able to find someone better for the job than DY? 

DY also deserved a better send-off than that statement the club put out. Really poor stuff that perhaps highlights some issues behind the scenes. 

I don't have any allegiance to this board or the previous one but judging by recent events at QOS etc, boards can often get it spectacularly wrong. I think it was the right decision as there was no fight in the team and that comes from the manager imo.

The target was 8th and we were overtaken and outfought by Annan who finished 22 pts behind last season, and outfought by 4th place Dumbarton this past week. I agree DY deserved a better send off though. Something stinks in Forthbank and it's not the sewage works.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stirling fifer said:

Think Christine Curtis will be looking to appoint  Jim Jeffrey's, as I believe  she was under him at Dunfermline and Edinburgh City.

As in mid 70s Jim Jeffries who hasn't coached for a decade?

Watch this space!!

If she was anything like at DFC she likes the power trip.

Person who joins forum half an hour ago to speak about the same woman twice in the only 3 posts they have made on this site is rather unhinged. I can only guess she didn't take kindly to whatever body part of yourself you sent to her in the post and are now attempting to start a vandetta.

Edited by gannonball

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As in mid 70s Jim Jeffries who hasn't coached for decades?

Person who joins forum half an hour ago to speak about the same woman twice in only 3 posts they have made is rather unhinged. I can only guess she didn't take kindly to whatever body part of yourself you sent to her in the post and are now attempting to start a vandetta.

What is it about new manager threads that attracts all the random loonball posters?

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Not sure that matters, I'm sure Peter MacDonald worked within the Rangers academy whilst playing for us and Dale Carrick is a youth coach at Hearts. When Stuart McLaren was Manager, he worked for Edusport, as did Barry Ferguson and Colin Cameron when they were at Kelty and Cowdenbeath, Edusport were a Lowland League side at the time.

Am I correct in saying Edusport are the previous version of Caledonian Braves who play out of Strathclyde Park?

2 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Am I correct in saying Edusport are the previous version of Caledonian Braves who play out of Strathclyde Park?

It sure is @Ye Olde Hamiltonian. They were Edusport when they played at Annan, however when they sourced their current ground, they changed name to allow them an identity to get into the local community and start to build a fanbase 

11 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

What is it about new manager threads that attracts all the random loonball posters?

How long before Neil Warnock is spotted in Springkerse B&Q, or Craig Levein at Tim Horton's drive thru with Josh McPake in tow.

Just now, SA45 said:

How long before Neil Warnock is spotted in Springkerse B&Q, or Craig Levein at Tim Horton's drive thru with Josh McPake in tow.

I heard this whole thing started when Christine stole Jack Leitch's headband.

Gospel

He was too distraught to play the first leg against Dumbarton

2 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

I heard this whole thing started when Christine stole Jack Leitch's headband.

Gospel

He was too distraught to play the first leg against Dumbarton

He was indeed too distraught, but the real reason is it fell off when he was doing back-flips in the Fubar on Saturday and never to be seen again. Christine kindly covered for him to spare his blushes - it will all come out in the wash one day lol.

I don't know who's behind the rumour mill on Christine, but just fech off!

She was Commercial manager, but with no team to work with.  Then she gets roped in to help keep hospitality going till that got sorted out. On top of that she was roped in to keep the club shop going till that got covered.  Oh wait, who's going to be operations manager?  Christine can do it.  There must be something else to palm off on her and get shat on for a thankyou.  Assistant groundsman maybe?  

Think Christine Curtis will be looking to appoint  Jim Jeffrey's, as I believe  she was under him at Dunfermline and Edinburgh City.

Think you could have phrased that better.

20 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

I suspect Paul McLean will be given the gig on a player/manager basis to save on costs. 

I have a feeling that might happen. Not the worst idea but would prefer an experienced manager unless he turns out like Andy Graham at Alloa.