Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager

Who ill be Hibs' next permanent manager?  

280 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Marvin Bartley's available lads.

Free and guarantees success as long as the players listen to exactly everything he says, make no mistakes ever and don't own a playstation. 

^^^ This.

McInnes is the logical, sensible choice. But he played for the Currants and is perceived as playing boring football so he won't get the job. Hibs taught the Brazilians to play don't you know

Joelle Murray just announced her retirement from football- probably got more brains than most of the candidates.

TL: DR- Yogi

Another Rhys McCabe suggestion, he's got Airdrie playing some nice fitba.

David Martin dale would probably make them hard to beat but not as nice to watch.

Won't matter who Hibs  get, it 'll be on a 3 year deal and when they are not top of the league after 6 months they'll get sacked. The delusional will scream " we are a big club and deserve better" .  I'm realistic as far as expectations of my club , its more enjoyable that way.

36 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Michael Stewart on the radio at the weekend (I know, I know) suggested that Montgomery wasn't the problem, but "behind the scenes" was. 

Does that opinion cut any ice with Hibs fans?

Not a Hibs fan but as an outsider it's hard to suspect there's not a bit of truth in it.

If they're sensible they would go for Robinson but I imagine they'll turn their nose up, bring in a totally random outsider and then wonder what went wrong when they sack him in March.

Agree that we need to bring in someone dull but clinical, a la McInnes or Robinson. Aiming for third every year on the back of seasons of mediocrity is folly. Let’s make sure we are getting into the top six regularly for a few seasons, get some stability around the club, and then start thinking about challenging for third. 

Of course, this will never happen as the fans will soil themselves if we’re only aiming for 5th/6th for the next few years. 

57 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

He'd get paid more money and have a far better chance at sustained success.

It's an obvious move to take, and if Hibs want him then the only way they won't get him is if McInnes sees that it's a proper shambles behind the scenes. If Hibs ask to speak to him, what McInnes does will be quite instructive.

Success for Hibs and Kilmarnock is the same thing. Successive top 6 finishes and maybe a cup.

His wages at Kilmarnock won't be far off what Hibs could offer him, and I'm not convinced the difference in wages for players would be as big as people think either.

I think any "pragmatic" manager will stay away from Hibs too, as you know one poor run has the support on your back.

It's just seems like he'll lose a lot for very little if he moves.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Michael Stewart on the radio at the weekend (I know, I know) suggested that Montgomery wasn't the problem, but "behind the scenes" was. 

Does that opinion cut any ice with Hibs fans?

This sounds like the Gary Neville Man Utd argument - that there's no point blaming the manager because things are a shambles behind the scenes.

But just because it's a shambles behind the scenes it doesn't mean that the manager can't also be a problem. And the manager/head coach is so integral to everything at a club that I'd argue you can't just fix behind the scenes without having the right manager in place.

Without watching Hibs I can't really comment on Montgomery, but as an argument it doesn't make any sense. He's either getting the best out of what he's got or he isn't, if he isn't then you sack him and replace with someone better, all while sorting out the other issues too.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Success for Hibs and Kilmarnock is the same thing. Successive top 6 finishes and maybe a cup.

His wages at Kilmarnock won't be far off what Hibs could offer him, and I'm not convinced the difference in wages for players would be as big as people think either.

I think any "pragmatic" manager will stay away from Hibs too, as you know one poor run has the support on your back.

It's just seems like he'll lose a lot for very little if he moves.

I think you’re probably paying Kilmarnock a massive disservice here. A phenomenal effort from them this year, a really difficult team to play against and - I suspect - a lot less financial outgoings than Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen.

Last time someone posted salaries on here, Killie were at about half the level of Hibs.  

4 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I think you’re probably paying Kilmarnock a massive disservice here. A phenomenal effort from them this year, a really difficult team to play against and - I suspect - a lot less financial outgoings than Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen.

Last time someone posted salaries on here, Killie were at about half the level of Hibs.  

I'd imagine they'll be a lot closer this season to the level Hibs should be paying, and I suspect will be paying next season.

Kilmarnock have every chance of making the top 6 5-6 years in a row and challenging for trophies, with him being loved throughout. He goes to Hibs and one bad season/run of form sees him hounded for "boring football".