St Mirren European Tour 2024

Lex

I mean, objectively, we've looked good.

This is our first competitive game of the season, and we look solid and capable.

We've also looked lacking in sharpness, both in defence and attack. I am sure that will come as the season progresses, and I really don't want to count chickens etc, but in general we do look good.

Olusanya and Mandron off, Scott and Ayunga on.

Oh, how I wish for first season Ayunga to turn up.

That was outrageous from Brown.

Edit: and Idowu a few minutes earlier, lovely footwork and shot.

Edited by Ric

Just now, chingford said:

Kilmarnock game done but the “radio” coverage of Saints game is still ALL Kilmarnock.

I get that they aren't reporting live, but yeah, this was meant to be our game, the killie game is on the tv. English is a very difficult listen, thank God for the stream link, I couldn't imagine trying to follow the game on the radio.

After watching that, I'm just going to repost this..

25 minutes ago, Ric said:

I mean, objectively, we've looked good.

This is our first competitive game of the season, and we look solid and capable.

We've also looked lacking in sharpness, both in defence and attack. I am sure that will come as the season progresses, and I really don't want to count chickens etc, but in general we do look good.

32 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Would’ve taken that at the start.  Should have more than enough to finish it off next week 

i'm a late arrival midden....what was the score? 

It’s incredible to think that the last time Saints played in Europe was the last season Morten played in the top division of Scottish football.

37 years….

Forever in our shadow. 

Bring back Abercorn. 

1 hour ago, chingford said:

Kilmarnock game done but the “radio” coverage of Saints game is still ALL Kilmarnock.

Less focus on the diddy cup*

*that we'll likely be in by this time next week.

Strangely there were four Icelandic clubs playing home European ties this evening and all of them are in or around Reykjavik .

The k.o times meant all were happening simultaneously at some point, which is not something UEFA normally permit for two matches, never mind four, in the same place.

Only Estonian side Paide were beaten, with Albanian and Kosovar opponents getting away wins.

Presuming St Mirren were the only ones that took any modicum of support over there?

9 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Strangely there were four Icelandic clubs playing home European ties this evening and all of them are in or around Reykjavik .

The k.o times meant all were happening simultaneously at some point, which is not something UEFA normally permit for two matches, never mind four, in the same place.

Only Estonian side Paide were beaten, with Albanian and Kosovar opponents getting away wins.

Presuming St Mirren were the only ones that took any modicum of support over there?

Valur's stadium capacity is 1,000 with one stand and no terracing - kinda like Dumbarton. They gave us 200 tickets but around 400 Buds turned up which was decent considering cos t of and lack of flights. Return leg is a sell out.