Clyde FC Season 24/25

I sensed McCall wasn't happy with only netting 5 yesterday but to go out and sign a striker within 24 hours is a bit Mick Kennedy for my liking.

I'm not sure how to react to the signing a Allan on top of the other players signed so far. 

I've had no experience of being excited about an upcoming Clyde season for such a long time.

What do I do? How do I handle it? I cannot stop smiling. I'm looking down my nose at the competition.

Christ, I'm actually looking forward to watching Clyde. 

It ain't natural.

17 minutes ago, David W said:

I sensed McCall wasn't happy with only netting 5 yesterday but to go out and sign a striker within 24 hours is a bit Mick Kennedy for my liking.

5 v Edinburgh

Another 8 teams in league inc few who will also fancy themselves for league

Perhaps your post is bit tongue in cheek

I don't really go for the whole "he's home" thing normally but in this case, I think it applies. He's basically a 1 in 2 striker at Clyde and a sub everywhere else he has been bar Cowdenbeath. He's done the right thing for his own career coming back here to a manager that knows him and supporters who love him (apparently turning down ICT and QotS in the process).

For all his limitations, he is an out and out goalscorer who will thrive with the players we have to supply chances. I was petrified he would be off elsewhere as we would struggle to find another similar player. There are a real lack of proper strikers kicking about in L1 and L2, and we now have two, with a couple of decent other options in Rennie and Dunachie(!).

I'm struggling to remember a Clyde team with this standard of quality squad depth, relative to the level we are at. Over a 36 game season that will make a massive difference.

I couldn't care less about Clyde, and even I'm excited for you guys with that squad and McCall in charge :lol: Getting Allan on top of guys like Robson, Connelly and Connell (and already having Hamilton tied down) is some astonishing business for a League Two side.

First class squad now assembled 

Hopefully McCall can pick up one or gems via the loan market to finish things

Would like a creative player just off the front like a Dylan Easton/Rhys Armstrong and two wingers.  But maybe that me just being greedy 

As even then would be the cherry on top as don’t think we absolutely need them.

Expect Allan/Dunachie/Connell/Rennie to get 40+ goals between them

Can't added anything that hasn't already been said but buzzing.

Think with better players around him, we could see an even better version of Allan too! Although, he is capable of leading the line on his tod. 

Allan did far better for us last season than I had initially expected, so he's going to be superb with actual competition and surrounded by a much stronger squad. That he will presumably still train with Falkirk is a boon too, as the full-time sharpness clearly gave him a real edge when he was with us before. I think we can all safely say that's the final piece of the jigsaw, save for maybe a few young lads or loanees for filler in the slightly lean areas (left-back, centre-back).

It's never going to be easy getting out of this league unless you're a full-time team or massively sugar daddied, but our business over the past few months has given us a right good shot at it. It's not often at all that you see a squad with such breadth and depth of quality kicking about this league, and I cannot wait for it all to get going. The summer of 2018 has officially been blown out of the water.