Clyde FC Season 24/25

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The final piece of the puzzle has arrived.  Brilliant to have JA9 back with us and the options up front now are mouthwatering.  It actually feels a shame if any of them had to drop out to accomodate, which is obviously a very nice problem to have.

Having this level of excitement ahead of a new league season is both exciting but scary at the same time.  What a complete contrast to this time last year, although no coincidence at all that Allan Maitland as chairman is fuelling a lot of this revolution.

Exciting times ahead, can't wait!

10 minutes ago, ketaminedrams said:

think reissues of the TFG era kits might be on the cards. Shirt Jordan Allan has the founding year of 1877 which wasn't the case when we played in those kits

You sure? Looks identical to this minute then limited edition print below the badge. 

10 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I think we can all safely say that's the final piece of the jigsaw, save for maybe a few young lads or loanees for filler in the slightly lean areas (left-back, centre-back).

Don’t think either positions are a problem 

4 centre halves in Hamilton, Howie, McKay and Dunachie (if needed there) is more than enough

Expect Ross Lyon will fill in at left or right back if ever needed (good utility player to have as squad player for all his slagging last year at this level)

Big problem I suppose is keeping everyone in squad happy as at the end the day you can only play 11 at once.

Expect 5 subs to be used most games which just makes us a frightening prospect as there is real quality on the bench rather than a Euan Cameron coming on.

I'm actually excited for the season ahead....this is weird. Do other team gave this feeling? I always thought it was a feeling of inevitable doom was how you were ment to feel. 

Roll on the league some great business done this summer.🇾🇪🇾🇪

Wouldn’t mind another left back in for cover, saw the boy McGinn was released from accies and could be a fairly cheap option in there, either that or a loan. 

Delighted to get Jordan back, plenty of goals through the team. Looking forward to the game tomorrow and next week before the league gets going. 

35 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Wouldn’t mind another left back in for cover, saw the boy McGinn was released from accies and could be a fairly cheap option in there, either that or a loan. 

Delighted to get Jordan back, plenty of goals through the team. Looking forward to the game tomorrow and next week before the league gets going. 

It would be nice but think it will likely be a loan. 

Ross Lyon is fine as a back up at RB and Cuddihy and absolutely fine back up at RB. 

Isn't this a wonderful feeling for a change?

We have a decent team in place, a team who should be good enough to be challenging at the top of the league, instead of the horrible situation we found ourselves in last season.

Edited by Uncle Albert
spelling

29 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Isn't this a wonderful feeling for a change?

We have a decent team in place, a team who should be good enough to be challenging at the top of the league, instead of the horrible situation we found oursleves in last season.

Last year… rookie Manager…no harm to him btw. Nae money or hope and a team mostly full of guys not capable of playing Lowland let alone League 2. We’ve been saved from the Abyss by McCall and also had changes upstairs too so maybe the stars are aligning.Naturally still cautious and there will be ups and downs but totally different in terms of approach. I last felt excited after we got promoted in 2019 then got pumped 3-0 by Dumbarton on the first day. Top 4 contenders should be us, along with East Fife and maybe Peterhead as usual. 

Absolutely brilliant to get Jordan 'Nacho Buffalo 1872' Allan back on board. Today, I feel staunch. He could do a job for literally any club from the bottom of the Championship down, he's certainly better than the likes of O'Hara at Hamilton or Wighton at Dunfermline for instance, so to get him down to League 2 is a real coup.

Interesting that it's a loan and there seemed to be a bit of quibble over wages. Got to imagine it's a split weighted on Clyde mostly.

Final piece of the puzzle. Well done to all involved in putting this squad together. I'm looking forward to the comparisons in match squads between our opening Challenge Cup (or whatever it's called now) tie and last year's 😂

I actually think this could be our lot until January, barring any major injuries before the window shuts. There are no obvious weaknesses in the squad, just areas that are a bit thinner than others. 21 players is a fairly lean squad but should be fine. Believe Stenny started last season with like 16 or 17 players for comparison.

So excited for the season to kick off now. Tinged with nervousness though as I sincerely believe we've assembled the strongest squad in the division. A good position to be in but this will invite it's own pressure. I trust the management team and the squad to deal with it though.

Buzzing to hear the news re Jordan Allan. Certainly strange to be feeling optimistic as a Clyde fan. 

Has anyone heard any updates regarding the new club kits and when they will be on sale? Quite like the look of both and really want to pick up a replica of the home top. 

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I'll be interested to hear if the investment in the squad has been rewarded by investment in season tickets?

Aye, was thinking the same. Anyone who was a bit appalled at the price hike can at least be comforted by the fact we have such a strong squad and are, quite rightly, favourites to win the league. 

I hope everyone who is able to now buys a season ticket as this promises to be an absolute belter of a season. 

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Going to be fascinating to see how we manage to balls this up. 

You kidding on or do you fully expect us to eff things up this season? With the players, manager and chairman combo it would be incredible if it isn't at least a partial success.

Not saying we've got the league in the bag or anything but it's got to be an improvement on the last few seasons. If not, the Clyde are cursed!

1 hour ago, clyde_r_us said:

never known this level of excitement in close to. 60 years......I'll be shocked if we fail to win on Saturday

Prepare to be shocked

Doubt we will get anything tomorrow or against Thistle on Tuesday (big step up on Edinburgh City)