Clyde FC Season 24/25

12 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Decided to look at this despite you being muted and I’m very glad I did 😂

Hi BC .....Flattered beyond belief that you couldn't resist and even more flattered I made someone as bitter as you laugh. I am obviously missing something seeing as Rangers have now been quoted.......72? The year they won the Cup Winners cup perhaps? The year they started...first time around....oh so we have a wee Ranger making statements with his squad number....sorry to have missed this if in fact this is what it relates to.....I'll find out for sure and get back to you in case it eats away at you like most things......just before the mocking and abuse begins is the way it normally goes. Best you you stay with me blocked.....

Formed 1872. ECWC 1972.

It's like Celtic with their 67 and 88 patter.

Anyway, I hope he stays with us, but he may be sacrificed if John McGlynn needs to bring in one or more. 

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Formed 1872. ECWC 1972.

It's like Celtic with their 67 and 88 patter.

Anyway, I hope he stays with us, but he may be sacrificed if John McGlynn needs to bring in one or more. 

Maybe he's just a big Dumbarton fan?

12 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

See Golding has resigned for Elgin

Was hoping would be one we would be in for as always thought he was a handful against us

Fully agreed on this surprised he decided on Elgin as had offers down south.  Strong ,good movement and holds the ball up well. Gave Hamilton his hardest game of the season in the midweek defeat up there in January .

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Who actually gives a f**k what squad number JA has and why he’s chosen it?!

No one. It's just funny and weird when someone is *that* staunch.

It's also very funny when someone takes a fancy squad number and it's completely unjustified in terms of performance.

If he comes back to us, I'd personally (and beautifully) hand stitch '72' into every single garment he owns if he so desires tbqh.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

28 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Huge '1 start in the league cup, 6 sub appearances in the league, 1 goal (86th minute penalty to make it 4-1), leaves on loan in January' vibes around JA72 at the moment.

What a signing that is.

- Kinnear -

- Houston - Howie - Hamilton - Robson -

- Lyon - Grant - Docherty -

- Redfern - Connell - Scullion -

A spicy meatball.

2 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

What a signing that is.

- Kinnear -

A spicy meatball.

We’re signing John McGinn too?!

3 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

What a signing that is.

- Kinnear -

A spicy meatball.

Think the lack of out and out wingers and heaps of midfielders/centre backs might suggest a back 3? 

Houston and Robson seemingly would suit that more than a 4. 

McKay and Howie both very capable of stepping forward too and going for 3 "first team" strikers would be overkill if you're only playing one. 

Obviously the triple whammy of a pair of season tickets and a club membership was what we needed to fund more luxurious signings.

You can't complain about the squad we have stuck together. Shiny round pegs in round holes. 

We should be able to get a lot of width from our full backs this season, and that suits the likes of Scullion, Redfern and Rennie.

4 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Another winger (Kabia if he's done hanging out with Wayne Lineker?) and striker (Buffalo Staunch) and I reckon we'll be totally ready for the 2024/25 cricket season.

Have to agree. They are the two positions I feel we need another body on and the above two would suit me.

Just now, HaleyReinhart said:

Tommy Robson it is! Dead chuffed with that!

Cannot believe yous have pulled this off. Tommy Robson is easily high end League 1. Still a very good player and a cracking guy.